Josh Gordon Reinstated to the NFL; Must Serve 4 Game Ban

They were talking about this situation yesterday on NFL radio and one of them went into rant mode. (Nothing unusual, but bear with me a second.) In this rant, he went on to say that he feels sympathy for Gordon. That he felt Gordon had a problem. And then compared it to the Manziel situation and that he felt nothing but anger at Manziel.

The stark contrast of his reaction to the two players (both of whom have serious problems it appears from the outside) was really interesting. And there are a fair share of posts in this thread that suggest the NFL is being too hard on Gordon, the "hey, he just likes smoking some jane" comments and so on.

There could be any number of reasons for these polar opposite reactions. If one can forgive Gordon for his lack of control with smoking weed, then it seems like Manziel ought to be forgiven for his lack of control when it comes to alcohol. But clearly there are other aspects in play. Gordon has exceptional, off-the-charts talent at football. Manziel—meh. Manziel won a Heisman and has pursued (albeit in awkward stumbling steps) a celebrity image. Gordon, not so much. Perhaps Manziel crossed a line when he started beating up Colleen Crowley.

At any rate, it was an interesting contrast. Thoughts?

Manziel is into much more than alcohol my friend.Let that myth be put to bed. He is way into the deep end of the pool now.

Maybe those that know both, know Gordon is probably just a lazy pothead.

If he followed rules for a few years he'd have enough weed to smoke for rest of his life in another country where it was legal. Problem is the smoking of the weed is interfering with his thinking.

Thats about it.

Environment is everything.

Need to stop doing something, stay away from people who do that something.

That must be the hardest part being a kid.

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really... Calvin was invisible last season. No one really cares about those other players.

88 1,214 13.8 57 9

88 rec 1,214 yards 13.8 YPR and 9 TDs- man, I hope invisible Robert Woods can match invisible Calvin's numbers

88 rec 1,214 yards 13.8 YPR and 9 TDs- man, I hope invisible Robert Woods can match invisible Calvin's numbers

Well, Calvin WAS over the hill, so Woods should do much better, right?

Or....maybe not.

@TMZ_Sports

NFL's Josh Gordon -- Partying with Manziel at Coachella (PHOTOS & VIDEO)

holy smokes , look how thin he is.

reminds me of someone.

Dumb and Dumber

dumb and dumber were supposed to be funny.

this is not that.

good luck with august review josh.

Why can't these guys just learn how to garden or something? take up yoga and helping the poor

• 3 months later...