Josh Gordon Reinstated to the NFL; Must Serve 4 Game Ban

Gordon is a top 5 wideout, Manziel is a top 5 jack ass.

Gordon and Shelton would be my new best friends if I was Hue. Both of them can be difference makers on their respective sides of the ball. Oh yeah and draft Goff.

It's tempting, until you have to deal with all the drama. The odds of Gordon staying clean seem to be 0% at this point, sadly.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am amazed at this. If I were Hue, I would clean all the crap out of the team. The worst thing is for him to deal with off-field headaches, like Gordon and Manziel. Plus, you would think they want to change the culture.

Well then they should have hired Saint Marrone and his Doughouse.

Funny story. Gordon's cousin was at the bar I work at here in Raleigh. Didn't know who he was, just some dude FaceTiming eating lunch. And my asks if he's doing alright, the guys like "Yeah, I'm just telling my cousin he needs to stop f@$#ing up and get his head straight. Here, say what's up to Josh Gordon." The guy hands my buddy the phone and he chats FaceTime with Josh Gordon for a minute. Lol I'm sure my friend was not expecting that when he woke up that morning.

I am amazed at this. If I were Hue, I would clean all the crap out of the team. The worst thing is for him to deal with off-field headaches, like Gordon and Manziel. Plus, you would think they want to change the culture.

Hue will evelaute each player from top to bottom on their own merits with a fresh set of eyes.

C'mon Buffalo. snag this misfit and keep him in Richies locker till game time

You beat me to it.

Greg Howe designed the HMM Strat and all the electronics for it. He played on some Michael Jackson albums and toured with him.

Who knew?

When i bought the Strat I thought it was Steve Howes.

I check the yes box for Gordon

I think in a roundabout way he does.

They Bills should take a shot on Gordon, why not?

well played my Friend!!

No way. He's their best playmaker on offense. They'd get nothing in return right now anyway so they're going to have to ride it out with him.

Actually the most recent suspension was because drinking alcohol was a violation of the deal he made with the NFL. It was through the end of the season and after the Browns season concluded he took a trip with teammates to Vegas. Somebody took and posted a pic with him holding a drink on the airplane and he was tested as soon as he got off. His contention was that the season was over and he had fulfilled the agreement, but the deal actually ran through the end of the league year which was in March. Obviously it was his responsibility to know and follow the specifics of his agreement - and he previously tested positive for marijuana - but he's not been out of control or doing anything crazy. Stupid, yes. And that's a concern, but he doesn't have a substance abuse issue.

You sure do like to pretend you know what he's doing in his free time, eh?

All coaches think they can change people (see Rex R in Buffalo). And the Browns new coach, Hue Jackson, will certainly figure this is a new day and opportunity for Gordon. He is going no where.

But if he did, I would love to see him in Buffalo.

You sure do like to pretend you know what he's doing in his free time, eh?

I used to live in Strongsville, OH where a bunch of players, coaches and FO people live. And, yes, I knew a few of the above. Stories come out and you hear what's what sometimes. Those stories are not always 100% accurate, but they're usually pretty close.

The deal with Gordon is this: Goodell feels like he and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, lied to him. Goodell does not put up with being lied to and consequently he came down hard on Gordon. (Admittedly ironic for a guy who lies as much as Goodell does.) Gordon meanwhile is into Rosenhaus for a not insubstantial amount of money. The expectation was that he'd have had a new deal and the loan would have been paid back by now. But he's still got two years left before he's an UDFA due to the suspensions. He needs a new deal big time. A big part of his past problems have been the people he hung/hangs with, including a close relative. Josh would actually drive the guy (and friends) around while he/they smoked pot (the relative, not Josh). That likely led to a past positive marijuana test. I have no idea where that relationship stands now, but I hope Josh got his priorities straight. He's up against it financially so I hope he woke up.

Edited by BarleyNY

I used to live in Strongsville, OH where a bunch of players, coaches and FO people live. And, yes, I knew a few of the above. Stories come out and you hear what's what sometimes. Those stories are not always 100% accurate, but they're usually pretty close.

I hear you, and I know my reply was a bit snarky- so thanks for not taking it in an offensive way.... But I think the point stands that there's a difference between what getting him caught on his final strike being a mixup and declaring he has no issues with substances. Unless you are very close to him, it's hard to venture what he's doing day to day.

The deal with Gordon is this: Goodell feels like he and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, lied to him. Goodell does not put up with being lied to and consequently he came down hard on Gordon. (Admittedly ironic for a guy who lies as much as Goodell does.) Gordon meanwhile is into Rosenhaus for a not insubstantial amount of money. The expectation was that he'd have had a new deal and the loan would have been paid back by now. But he's still got two years left before he's an UDFA due to the suspensions. He needs a new deal big time. A big part of his past problems have been the people he hung/hangs with, including a close relative. Josh would actually drive the guy (and friends) around while he/they smoked pot (the relative, not Josh). That likely led to a past positive marijuana test. I have no idea where that relationship stands now, but I hope Josh got his priorities straight. He's up against it financially so I hope he woke up.

Just saw the add-on

I'll admit odd to read the NFL star is stuck driving around a relative while he gets high and the player with the troubled reputation has become a DD for druggie acquantances but not partaking himself

I hear you, and I know my reply was a bit snarky- so thanks for not taking it in an offensive way.... But I think the point stands that there's a difference between what getting him caught on his final strike being a mixup and declaring he has no issues with substances. Unless you are very close to him, it's hard to venture what he's doing day to day.

Just saw the add-on

I'll admit odd to read the NFL star is stuck driving around a relative while he gets high and the player with the troubled reputation has become a DD for druggie acquantances but not partaking himself

No worries. No doubt Gordon has been an idiot and reckless. I just don't think he's got issues beyond that. But you're certainly correct that there is a reasonable chance that he might screw up again. I didn't mean to totally gloss over that very real possibility.

I don't see the Browns entertaining any trade offers for Gordon. He is a top talent and by all accounts has been well behaved and focused on his return to the NFL (MaryKayCabot has an article about him discussing his behavior).

The Browns are the Browns but they would outdue themselves if they moved Gordon before he restores his value. It's wishful thinking to be able to acquire him for a mid-round pick. More realistic options will be available via FA, look for Sanu or Jones to be visiting Buffalo.

Agreed

The only crime I see is depriving a player of his career and a team of a star player just because he drinks and smoked pot.

It doesn't give them an unfair advantage, and the general public doesn't care that much. The only thing I can figure is they don't want them flaunting it, but you could accomplish that with fines and single game suspensions. I see no rational justification for the existing policy.