Johnny Manziel (update: waived by Browns)

You're right. My bad and my apologizes. But the amount of excuses people give this guy is insane. Even if he had shown legit NFL ability and wasn't very small, he couldn't be doing this stuff.

I'm sure he is just struggling with the affluenza disease. Poor guy.

Domestic violence will pretty much close the book on his career. The dude needs to step away from the spotlight permanently, get his head right, and live off of what he's made and what mommy and daddy give/leave for him.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right. My bad and my apologizes. But the amount of excuses people give this guy is insane. Even if he had shown legit NFL ability and wasn't very small, he couldn't be doing this stuff.

I'm sure he is just struggling with the affluenza disease. Poor guy.

LMAO apply burn heal

Great, you agree. Now why? What's your evidence to support this?

The backup QB position requires a unique mentality - a guy who is willing to put in the work studying the film, getting into the playbook, and learning the gameplan as well as the starter does, with a strong chance there will be absolutely no payback or publicity for all that effort in the form of playing time. Exactly what is there about Johnny Football that leads you to believe he has the required "team guy" "work hard and hope it will pay off someday" "be positive in adversity and support the starter" mentality?

Because whether or not he has the mental strength and willingness to grind needed for any QB, however physically gifted, to succeed in the NFL, I see absolutely no sign that JFF has any of the traits of a successful NFL backup. So I'm greatly curious as to what exactly, in his background, other people are seeing that would suggest this.

Strictly based on upside and the fact he might get his act together when he realizes hes about to lose it all. Personally I think Manuel has way more character, class, professionalism, drive, and determination to make it even though he isnt that talented at QB. I like Manuel more because of the way he's responded to criticism and benching, so you know what !@#$ it i recant (1st time ive done that on any board), ill take Manuel as a back up over manziel, he will at least study the playbook and try his hardest to be good. That one play he came in vs the jets for the play to raw off sides he reacted with true joy for his team even tho he knows he wont be starting. That gesture really won me over. Thats true class, true character something many, more talented players dont have.

Edited by Marty McFly

Johnny just doesn't get it, kid is going to flame out and end up on reality MTV shows to make money

I can see him doing reality TV, but not for the money. Like his dad, he is a trust fund baby born with a silver spoon in his mouth. With or without football, Johnny will never need to worry about money.

His ego and incessant need for attention might make reality TV very attractive to him, though.

GO BILLS!!!

I can see him doing reality TV, but not for the money. Like his dad, he is a trust fund baby born with a silver spoon in his mouth. With or without football, Johnny will never need to worry about money.

Well, but....we shoulda been able to say that about Ryan Leaf, right, with his $11.25M guaranteed? Or Vince Young, with all the money they made?

The sad truth is no amount of money is proof against a jet-setting lifestyle, an addiction, and/or poor personal judgement with finance/misplaced trust in investment advisors

His ego and incessant need for attention might make reality TV very attractive to him, though.

GO BILLS!!!

didn't know that, but he could be one of those dopes who blows it all :bag:

Affluenza

probably but this is the most BS "diagnosis" of all time, who ever came up with that needs a beat down.