RG3 as the Bills backup QB?

With RG3 on his way out of Washington, I wonder if any team considers him a starter and would go after him as such.

Cleveland, San Francisco, St. Louis, Philadelphia and Houston seem to be the only teams in the market and with Chipper gone, no one really runs RG's style of offense.

With RG and Tyrod playing similar styles, would he consider the Bills as a place to challenge for a starting position and work in a system that is suited to his strengths.

If he does not beat out TT, then we have a capable backup that does not require retooling the offense for. I can't see RG3 getting a substantial long term deal, so if we offered 2-3 yrs at 5m per, would it be enough to lure him over.

Personally, I would take RG3 instead of wasting a draft pick or keeping EJ around.

Edited by BillsRdue

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With RG3 on his way out of Washington, I wonder if any team considers him a starter and would go after him as such.

Cleveland, San Francisco, St. Louis, Philadelphia and Houston seem to be the only teams in the market and with Chipper gone, no one really runs RG's style of offense.

With RG and Tyrod playing similar styles, would he consider the Bills as a place to challenge for a starting position and work in a system that is suited to his strengths.

If he does not beat out TT, then we have a capable backup that does not require retooling the offense for. I can't see RG3 getting a substantial long term deal, so if we offered 2-3 yrs at 5m per, would it be enough to lure him over.

Personally, I would take RG3 instead of wasting a draft pick.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

* gasps for air *

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Please keep him away from this locker room. I don't believe he wants to be a back up, and if that happened I could see a bad attitude a brewing.

Given the fact that EJ is our current backup I'm actually amazed by all the nos to be honest. If it's between him and EJ I'll take RGIII in a heartbeat.

Well, yeah. But there's a circus coming with RG3 wherever he goes. Teams have to weigh that distraction against what he might bring. If he's been humbled by what's transpired in Washington then he could have some real upside. If not, then he's not going to help anyone.

Given the fact that EJ is our current backup I'm actually amazed by all the nos to be honest. If it's between him and EJ I'll take RGIII in a heartbeat.

that's my feeling... EJ out.... a competent veteran who can play in the system IN.

Draft the future 4th-7th round or next year after thoroughly evaluating TT.

I like the idea and here are my reasons:

1. His best offense is the same offense the Bills run with Tyrod.

2. Like Tyrod, he throws a nice deep ball - his short & intermediate passing needs some work.

3. RG III was a back-up and only active for 1 game this year (no snaps). If he was going to cause a problem as a back-up, he would have this year. Sure, RG III would like to start (I don't want a QB on the roster would doesn't want to), but I believe he will accept a back-up.

4. RG III has made good money in the league so far which makes me believe he is not looking for a big payday right now.

Just my opinion.

Well, yeah. But there's a circus coming with RG3 wherever he goes. Teams have to weigh that distraction against what he might bring. If he's been humbled by what's transpired in Washington then he could have some real upside. If not, then he's not going to help anyone.

That was true in years past with RG III -- There was none of that in Washington this year.