Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when its a mistake its a often a MULTI MILLION dollar mistake

I have no idea what anyone actually does on this board (cept me) but how many are making multi million dollar decisions?......it affects the ways you go on decisions

I made a $900,000 mistake in June... luckily the wins outweigh the losses. But I am sure a bunch here play with stakes as high or higher than an NFL GM. But theirs is a unique game for those from unique backgrounds. the opportunities, I suspect, are few and far between and highly dependent on who, not what you know.

What is silly, this notion that an individual touting recognition of a disaster in advance has, is attempting to assert or should be mocked as trying to feign an ability, to run a franchise.

It's like saying you "knew" Windows 8 was going to stink thus you're somehow qualified to run Microsoft?

The whole matra is infantile and undrscores a basic incapability to argue facts, ideas and themes without degrading to personal attacks.

Reality is, few of us know how these decisions are actually made, what political pressures are applied, the calculated risks that decision makers are accepting to do so. Additionally all those posters who knew better, were never on the hook to make a better decision, or take a shot at some solution to a problem.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Morning. Thanks for the entertainment guys.

Team effort :beer:

Looks like a wig. Just what we need to make the clown show complete. A cross dressing DC.

trendy. ahead of the curve. History will absolve Pegulas as far reaching thinkers willing to take that risk.

i suggest you naysayers get on board while its a penny stock

I made a $900,000 mistake in June... luckily the wins outweigh the losses. But I am sure a bunch here play with stakes as high or higher than an NFL GM. But theirs is a unique game for those from unique backgrounds. the opportunities, I suspect, are few and far between and highly dependent on who, not what you know.

What is silly, this notion that an individual touting recognition of a disaster in advance has, is attempting to assert or should be mocked as trying to feign an ability, to run a franchise.

It's like saying you "knew" Windows 8 was going to stink thus you're somehow qualified to run Microsoft?

The whole matra is infantile and undrscores a basic incapability to argue facts, ideas and themes without degrading to personal attacks.

Reality is, few of us know how these decisions are actually made, what political pressures are applied, the calculated risks that decision makers are accepting to do so. Additionally all those posters who knew better, were never on the hook to make a better decision, or take a shot at some solution to a problem.

tough crowd

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 4m4 minutes ago

Source told @Kat_Terrell that Rob Ryan’s calls to Saints D came in late/were wrong "40 or 50 times" last season: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/11/new_orleans_saints_rob_ryan_2.html

"We couldn't get the right guys on the field. I can't tell you how many games there were 10 or 12 guys on the field, plays called were late coming in, but it was his packages," the source said. "Nothing changed at all from '13 to '14. Obviously the results changed drastically, too much. Way too much."

Nice.

Anyone else seen this gem?

Key gouge:

A source within the Saints organization said most of the sideline issues revolved around Ryan's calls coming in late or the wrong defense being called. The source, who was granted anonymity to speak freely of the situation, said that happened "at least 40 or 50 times this year."

"There were a few things that you looked at from a year ago and you said, 'We can't have X number of snaps with not the right number of guys on the field. We can't burn timeouts, you know, every other week because we can't get the right personnel on the field.' We just can't do that," Payton said Wednesday. "We can't have guys looking left and right at the snap of the ball. There's a game last season where the first eight plays of the game, we're misaligned and we don't even cover down the right way. Those were just facts."

Wow. That sure sounds familiar.

Apparently Payton expected Ryan to address these 2014 problems in 2015, and he didn't or couldn't so...'BYE!

I may have to change my screen name.

Edited by Hopeful

Anyone else seen this gem?

Key gouge:

A source within the Saints organization said most of the sideline issues revolved around Ryan's calls coming in late or the wrong defense being called. The source, who was granted anonymity to speak freely of the situation, said that happened "at least 40 or 50 times this year."

"There were a few things that you looked at from a year ago and you said, 'We can't have X number of snaps with not the right number of guys on the field. We can't burn timeouts, you know, every other week because we can't get the right personnel on the field.' We just can't do that," Payton said Wednesday. "We can't have guys looking left and right at the snap of the ball. There's a game last season where the first eight plays of the game, we're misaligned and we don't even cover down the right way. Those were just facts."

Wow. That sure sounds familiar.

Apparently Payton expected Ryan to address these 2014 problems in 2015, and he didn't or couldn't so...'BYE!

I may have to change my screen name.

You are dangerously close to being accused of being my zombie.