McKelvin willing to play Safety & take pay cut

Mark Vader

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Culture of losing. Lol.

yeah, Fred Jackson was part of the culture of losing here in Buffalo and there were pitchforks out after Whaley for even coming up with the idea of letting him go.

That term always comes up for the players fans don't like, and McKelvin,no matter what he does on the field will always be hated because of when he was drafted and a couple of kick return fumbles, which no kick returner in NFL history has ever done....

I don't think he ever got his legs back into playing shape this season after his injury - in other words, I think he'll come back better than he was at the end of this season from an athletic standpoint. Leo has always been best with the ball in front of him, because he has a lot of trouble turning around to make a play on the ball. So safety would suit him in that sense, provided he's able to run like he used to.

All of that said, safeties need to be bright. Leo is, well, not bright. So I don't know.

As it should ! The Bills roster needs a bunch of tweaking & contracts of McKelvin, K. Williams, Mario, & others will all need to be looked at in order to keep other cornerstone players of the future

I also believe a lot of players will be gone next year due to injury history or bad play .

E.J. , Goodwin, Leodis, Duke, & more could be on the chopping block stay tuned ...

Edited by T master

As much as I love Leodis, he is no longer my man. If he can make the move to safety for the vet minimum, I'd say fine. He is decent depth, but his days as a starter are over. Yet another 21st century first round bust, joining these illustrious names:

2000 Erik Flowers
2002 Mike Williams
2003 Willis McGahee

2004 J. P. Losman
2006 Donte Whitner
2006 John McCargo
2008 Leodis McKelvin
2009 Aaron Maybin
2010 C.J. Spiller

No wonder we suck.

I'd say yes, assuming the pay cut he's willing to take is major.

He'd make for great depth as a DB off the bench, primarily as a safety, but could fill in as a low depth CB in a pinch if he had to.

I am with TTT

It would matter how much of a pay cut

lets keep in mind he never played S before this year.....and missed most of the season with the injury

My concern in this discussion would be that he's no Jim Leonard

Leonard is more 'with it' asleep than McKelvin is wide awake on game day. I always have liked McKelvin as a competitor i have also always disliked his inability to grasp certain fundamentals. As safety McKelvin could keep the game in front of him more times than not. He is still very fast. Not sure if Rex's D is suited for a center field type ball hawker over the top? McKelvin is every bit as fast as Reed was in Baltimore but not nearly as physical.

I don't know. I have always though McKelvin has all of the physical skill needed, but poor instincts. I think safety is a position where good instincts are essential.

I would love to have him as a backup.

Whitner was successful after leaving. I really didn't like the guy, but he played better after he left.

Lil Donte may have made a few Pro Bowls, but he was a huge liability in the 49ers playoff games including SB.

Now, Lil Antoine? He was light years better with the Vikings than he was here.

As much as I love Leodis, he is no longer my man. If he can make the move to safety for the vet minimum, I'd say fine. He is decent depth, but his days as a starter are over. Yet another 21st century first round bust, joining these illustrious names:

2000 Erik Flowers

2002 Mike Williams

2003 Willis McGahee

2004 J. P. Losman

2006 Donte Whitner

2006 John McCargo

2008 Leodis McKelvin

2009 Aaron Maybin

2010 C.J. Spiller

No wonder we suck.

In terms of productivity to the franchise, Leodis and Whitner did do more than the rest. Problem is that they didn't become stars either. To be fair, neither of those two are outright busts, IMO, like Fat Mike or McCargo

Being in the minority yet again , i have been a fan of Leodis as soon as Donnie Henderson got a hold of him. Leo explained what Donnie taught him. Similar to what Darby has quickly learned from Coach.

I love McKelvins attitude. I am surprised some of you cant dig it too. He is not football stupid like some think.

he know where to be and when.

If he can flex from safety to cb during a series without a sub. man thats valuable!

I want him on our Bills. period.

oh an please no more returns lol