McKelvin willing to play Safety & take pay cut

Mark Vader

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are just asking for some sarcasm here, I won't do it. McKelvin is an asset, made some plays when he got back in, has a great attitude, so why not resign. All depends on the hit he will be willing to take vs appraised value. With the cast of characters available and production through the season, a disappointing season no doubt, Rex is still unproven as a coach, why not some stability? As a Safety Mckelvin still has closing speed, why not try it, depth is always good. A positive attitude is good to hear, with the likes of Mario Williams belly aching, watching the game it seemed, last week instead of playing in it (while he was in it) I guess saving himself for next year.

Go Bills.

you are just asking for some sarcasm here, I won't do it. McKelvin is an asset, made some plays when he got back in, has a great attitude, so why not resign. All depends on the hit he will be willing to take vs appraised value. With the cast of characters available and production through the season, a disappointing season no doubt, Rex is still unproven as a coach, why not some stability? As a Safety Mckelvin still has closing speed, why not try it, depth is always good. A positive attitude is good to hear, with the likes of Mario Williams belly aching, watching the game it seemed, last week instead of playing in it (while he was in it) I guess saving himself for next year.

Go Bills.

^ +1

No, he's not. He IS at the age where solid CB's regularly move to S for the remainder of their career though.

Yes. It's a natural progression. As long as he's not on the punt or kickoff return team, he's a valuable asset and I think they'd be foolish to cut him. Look at the injuries we have right now. And, Leodis was coming off rehabbing a broken ankle bone for the first half of the year. I didn't think he'd play at all this year.

8zof3m.jpg

The fanbase may be suffering from McKelvin fatigue. His career = 1 out of 8 truly good seasons.

Give him vets minimum and try him out. probably some younger players that actually

Can play the position that will help the team out longer term. Another player that is part of the culture

Of losing. Not all his fault but he had some gems. To be kind at times he lacked good football instincts.

Imo

Hes at the end of his career and he hits like a sissy to play safety anyways. Time to move on.

The fanbase may be suffering from McKelvin fatigue. His career = 1 out of 8 truly good seasons.

Give him vets minimum and try him out. probably some younger players that actually

Can play the position that will help the team out longer term. Another player that is part of the culture

Of losing. Not all his fault but he had some gems. To be kind at times he lacked good football instincts.

Imo

Agreed

Yes. It's a natural progression. As long as he's not on the punt or kickoff return team, he's a valuable asset and I think they'd be foolish to cut him. Look at the injuries we have right now. And, Leodis was coming off rehabbing a broken ankle bone for the first half of the year. I didn't think he'd play at all this year.

8zof3m.jpg

The Easley update is funny- the dude has a broken patellar.

Sal mentioned On wgr yesterday that while he seems like an obvious cap casualty, he's been very versatile playing different positions as needed and brings it on every play, and the type of player Rex values. So he wasn't so sure he'd be cut.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Might he be better with the entire play in front of him? His problems usually seem to be turning and finding the ball/making the play. The change of position just might work.

(Why is it he seemed much better last year...what has changed? Hmmm)