Pettine officially fired by Browns; Marrone to interview

YoloinOhio

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said he, wife Dee, consultant, Sashi Brown will hire coach. Then coach will help hire GM.

Chris Trapasso Retweeted

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 8m8 minutes ago

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam said new GM will report to Sashi Brown and coach will report to Haslam.

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ 10m10 minutes ago

#Browns owner Jimmy Haslam: Sashi Brown will have final say on 53-man roster, handle salary cap. GM will focus on talent acquisition, scouts

Does this all sound like a really bad setup to anyone else?

We should be on the phone with Pettine.....like....NOW

Bring Pettine back.......we wont have to change our defense.

Totally agree. I don't see how Thurman can possibly remain as DC. Took one of the best defenses in the NFL and made it below average. Pettine had the same players and ran a successful Rex scheme. Bring him back. Perhaps he is our Dick Lebou.

Who does Manziel report to?

His dopamine receptors, his dealer, his bookie, and the mob guy who controls them.

Totally agree. I don't see how Thurman can possibly remain as DC. Took one of the best defenses in the NFL and made it below average. Pettine had the same players and ran a successful Rex scheme. Bring him back. Perhaps he is our Dick Lebou.

Pettine can be passing game coordinator but his run schemes sucked and sucked in Cleveland too.

This is Rex's defense. Thurman has input, but Rex is most likely running it. That's why I don't see Pettine or anyone else being brought in. Rex has to change Rex.

His dopamine receptors, his dealer, his bookie, and the mob guy who controls them.

Pettine can be passing game coordinator but his run schemes sucked and sucked in Cleveland too.

true that Pettine's run D was bad, but we had worse LB's then, and overall we still had a better D than this season. Of course, the ideal situation is for Pegula to make Rex hire Schwartz back and remind Rex he is a HC, not the DC.

This is Rex's defense. Thurman has input, but Rex is most likely running it. That's why I don't see Pettine or anyone else being brought in. Rex has to change Rex.

people keep saying this, but Pettine was with Rex in NY. And Rex continually points out that Thurman calls the plays.

True; he left on his own accord.

I will say that based on what we heard of marrone's temperament and relationship with the FO, I don't think he would fit into the Browns organization, where it seems like the power of the coach and GM are going to be severely diluted.

He would be a great fit. The stuff about his temperament is pure BS...a myth perpetrated by the Buffalo media who had an irrational hatred for him because he was...God forgive...a little on the curmudgeonly side. They vilified him when they should have been praising him. Two stupid fumbles vs. KC or he's 10-5 and likely in the playoffs. I'm here in Syracuse and have a longer "history" with him than most Bills fans. Like I said, pure BS. At what point do some Bills fans just admit they were wrong about him. Why is he considered across the league as a top candidate still??? He had it turning around and he got run out of town. Not at all a popular opinion, I know. But it's more likely than not the truth.

He would be a great fit. The stuff about his temperament is pure BS...a myth perpetrated by the Buffalo media who had an irrational hatred for him because he was...God forgive...a little on the curmudgeonly side. They vilified him when they should have been praising him. Two stupid fumbles vs. KC or he's 10-5 and likely in the playoffs. I'm here in Syracuse and have a longer "history" with him than most Bills fans. Like I said, pure BS. At what point do some Bills fans just admit they were wrong about him. Why is he considered across the league as a top candidate still??? He had it turning around and he got run out of town. Not at all a popular opinion, I know. But it's more likely than not the truth.

The nicest thing I can say about St. Doug is that he certainly knows how to hire a great agent who spreads his name as if he is the number one candidate for each job.

Other than that, I stopped defending him the day he quit on my team.

Marrone is verbose with almost no substance.

@tomecurran

All owners considering Doug Marrone as a head coach should read a Marrone PC transcript first. Blizzard of words with no point at all.

They also may want to interview some people at OBD drive about him. Not just football people and PR persons, but people like the receptionist . . . .

That front office structure sounds like a disaster...

The Bills have struggled but the Browns are a total train wreck and what sucks most for their fans is that everyone just got fired but the owner is already set things up to be a mess all over again

Edited by TheFunPolice

They also may want to interview some people at OBD drive about him. Not just football people and PR persons, but people like the receptionist . . . .

Why? What's your point? Do you have verifiable evidence he was inappropriate with the secretary. This would be big news. Please share it. Otherwise you're just validating my point about the irrational character assassination he was victimized by while leading the team to its first winning record with a great defense and a total crap of offense that he was able to get nine wins out of. But...like I said, if you have actual evidence that he was abusive to a secretary I personally would like to see it. Your turn.