Carucci doesn't expect any offseason changes...

YoloinOhio

Except for continuing to add personnel to align with the new schemes

It is only (some) fans who are upset to the point of calling for wholesale change after 1 season - everyone else ( FO, coaches, owners, players) is still building the team. Because the fans are the only ones who have actually endured the drought.

It is hard for fans, media, etc. to separate the drought from what is happening now. To look at this team differently than the one in 2010, 2005, and 2000 because the outcome was the same. But it is, obviously, different.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/16/vic-caruccis-3-bills-thoughts-how-warm-is-ryans-seat-how-warm-is-whaleys-seat-is-anyone-else-upset-besides-fans/

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TBNSports

.@viccarucci's 3 #Bills thoughts: Rex on hot seat? Whaley? Who's upset -- besides the fans? http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/16/vic-caruccis-3-bills-thoughts-how-warm-is-ryans-seat-how-warm-is-whaleys-seat-is-anyone-else-upset-besides-fans/

CWWgBGMUYAEguxL.jpg
@ChrisTrapasso

I totally agree with @viccarucci: Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley should definitely be retained by #Bills.

My brain wants to give Rex/Roman and company at least three years. Continuity is important.

My heart tells me to burn it all down.

Same dilemma here. Teams don't win by constantly tearing it down and rebuidling. On the other hand, if we're convinced that Rex will never take us where we want to be, I'm not sure why we would want to keep him around even a minute after the season ends.

Same dilemma here. Teams don't win by constantly tearing it down and rebuidling. On the other hand, if we're convinced that Rex will never take us where we want to be, I'm not sure why we would want to keep him around even a minute after the season ends.

Who's we? I don't think everyone shares your opinion. Specifically - i don't think TP shares your opinion.

Good luck trying to sell fans on another year of the Rex Ryan show. His defensive genius knows no bounds. All of the sychophants that say he needs to stay, all in the name of "continuity", should enjoy watching the bloviating gasbag rip apart what was once (just last year) an extremely good defensive unit.That's what we call "upheaval"- and it flies in the face of "continuity". And after this snake oil salesman guides the Bills to yet another non-playoff season in 2016, what then? There will be some who will advocate for a third year. Meanwhile,the team that fired this podophiliac is on the cusp of a playoff berth; and their defense is exponentially better without windbag Rex than it was with him. God it sucks being a Bills fan!

Who's we? I don't think everyone shares your opinion. Specifically - i don't think TP shares your opinion.

That's why I prefaced it with "if." It was meant to be a general statement, and I've said it before in the context of all of the previous coaches. Once it becomes clear that someone isn't the right coach, there's no sense in keeping them around just for continuity.

It is only (some) fans who are upset to the point of calling for wholesale change after 1 season - everyone else ( FO, coaches, owners, players) is still building the team. Because the fans are the only ones who have actually endured the drought.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/16/vic-caruccis-3-bills-thoughts-how-warm-is-ryans-seat-how-warm-is-whaleys-seat-is-anyone-else-upset-besides-fans/

If there are no changes in management, there won't be a change in W-L record next season.

Some fans see that. Others see what they want because to them criticism of the team is not what "real" fans do. That is, unless it becomes blatantly obvious said team is bad.

The Pegulas use consultants all the time. They look for outside input. I would not be surprised if they already have one or more "secret czars" evaluating the team. As much as I place much of the season's failings on Rex, Terry and Kim have probably been told dumping him now is a bad look.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

My brain wants to give Rex/Roman and company at least three years. Continuity is important.

My heart tells me to burn it all down.

Same here. I was very disappointed with the hire and I really don't believe that Rex is going to change and all of a sudden become a competent head coach, so I hate the idea of letting the team spin their wheels for another 2 - 3 years.

At the same time, I don't want an owner/GM who can't make up their minds and want to tear everything down every year like the Browns. I disagreed with the hire, but the from an owner/GM point of view, they made the decision to hire Rex and that decision has to come with time to get things on the right track.

If there are no changes in management, there won't be a change in W-L record next season.

Some fans see that. Others see what they want because to them criticism of the team is not what "real" fans do. That is, unless it becomes blatantly obvious said team is bad.

Do you consider a change in management to be a football Czar ala Polian or like Casserly wJets this year? IMO those types of people would not have gone for REX and would have advised against it. As a matter of fact, both didn't like the fit-they were right so far. And, I'm afraid they may be right long term. It is a tough situation for Pegula.

This, plus yes, as VC states, the fans are just sick over this season..

^^^^^^