Playoff Machine is up. Have fun

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real "negative" to come out of the Pats*** game was the potential Taylor injury. Otherwise, it's very clear to see that the Bills are pretty close to being what we would call a "good" team, worthy of a playoff spot.

There are many scenarios to get the Bills in at 9-7 or even 8-8. Bottom line -- they control their own destiny.

I plugged in off the cuff predictions.

I have Buffalo at 10-6 in the 6th spot... but it has KC in the 5th with the same record even though Buffalo has the head to head? Pittsburgh out with identical record. Indy out at 9-7. Jets, Miami, Oakland all fade

Im assuming those are to be flip flopped. The Bills will play the 4th seeded Houston Texans 10-6. KC Plays Denver 12-4. NE 14-2 and Cincy 13-3 get byes.

Buffalo beats the Texans and move on to New England

in the NFL I have the Giants winning the east easily, and Vikings and Seattle with the WC spots. Atlanta first out at 10-6 losing the tie with Minnesota. Carolina/Arizona with byes. Carolina's 1st loss in week 15 @ Giants

Edited by May Day 10

The Book of Revelations speaks of certain signs that the end is near...the ESPN Playoff Machine is one of them.

Very good.

in the NFL I have the Giants winning the east easily, and Vikings and Seattle with the WC spots. Atlanta first out at 10-6 losing the tie with Minnesota. Carolina/Arizona with byes. Carolina's 1st loss in week 15 @ Giants

I didn't even look at the NFC side. :blush:

edit -

Carolina #1, Az #2, GB #3, NYG #4, Min #5, Tampa #6

Putz #1, Cin #2, Den #3, IND #4, BUF #5, KC #6

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I have Buffalo at 10-6 in the 6th spot... but it has KC in the 5th with the same record even though Buffalo has the head to head? Pittsburgh out with identical record. Indy out at 9-7. Jets, Miami, Oakland all fade

Im assuming those are to be flip flopped. The Bills will play the 4th seeded Houston Texans 10-6. KC Plays Denver 12-4. NE 14-2 and Cincy 13-3 get byes.

Buffalo beats the Texans and move on to New England

It's probably using common games or conference record with the three way tie (I forget which)

just like every year, we will look back at a very winnable game that we lost and that will be the reason we're not in. 2015 edition: Jaguars.

Last year: Raiders

The 2015 edition: isn't over yet. Lets hope / pray they hold up.

IMO - Losing games early to stinkers can be overcome. Losing games in Nov and Dec to stinkers will KILL you.

WRT 2014 I can point to multiple games as well as the Raiders game.

WK 10 Bills 13 Chiefs 17 :death:

WK 11 Bills 9 Miami 22 :death: :death:

just like every year, we will look back at a very winnable game that we lost and that will be the reason we're not in. 2015 edition: Jaguars.

Last year: Raiders

Yeah I hear ya. But playing around with this thing if the Bills win their 3 afc games remaining 2 of which our at home I think the Bills will get in. With that being said I don't know if we get by the chiefs this week.

If you go by Power Rankings, we get in losing to the Chiefs and winning out thereafter. Pittsburgh has a hard schedule an Houston is not going to keep pace. Feel slightly reassured we can still do this but as usual it comes down to taking care of business.

I put in what I expect to happen each week, got the following:

AFC: NFC:

1. NE (16-0) 1. CAR (14-2)

2. CIN (14-2) 2. GB (13-3)

3. DEN (11-5) 3. ARI (13-3)

4. INDY (9-7) 4. NYG (10-6)

5. PIT (11-5) 5. MINN (10-6)

6. BUF (10-6) 6. ATL (10-6)

Based on that I like Arizona over NE in the SB. Also, based on those records the Bills will get pick 26 in the draft, and the top ten are:

1. TENN (3-13)

2. BAL (3-13)

3. SF (4-12)

4. CLE (4-12)

5. SD (4-12)

6. WAS (5-11)

7. CHI (5-11)

8. NO (5-11)

9. MIA (5-11)

10. PHI (5-11)

I think the Bills finish 5-1 to go 10-6

Wins:

KC, HOU, PHI, NYJ, DAL

Loss:

WSH

But I don't think it's crazy to see 6-0 there either.

say what? did you get free seeds in DC a few months back?

Lose to Dallas maybe. Lose to Washington? I'm planning on being there for that game. I might get luxury box seats from my neighbor.

If you go by Power Rankings, we get in losing to the Chiefs and winning out thereafter. Pittsburgh has a hard schedule an Houston is not going to keep pace. Feel slightly reassured we can still do this but as usual it comes down to taking care of business.

IMO the Power Rankings is the worst scenario because they have personal bias that affects the #'s.

Try Win % then eliminate the 2 or 3 ties Buffalo has and your in good shape

I think the Bills finish 5-1 to go 10-6

Wins:

KC, HOU, PHI, NYJ, DAL

Loss:

WSH

But I don't think it's crazy to see 6-0 there either.

I want what you got!

I put in what I expect to happen each week, got the following:

AFC: NFC:

1. NE (16-0) 1. CAR (14-2)

2. CIN (14-2) 2. GB (13-3)

3. DEN (11-5) 3. ARI (13-3)

4. INDY (9-7) 4. NYG (10-6)

5. PIT (11-5) 5. MINN (10-6)

6. BUF (10-6) 6. ATL (10-6)

Based on that I like Arizona over NE in the SB. Also, based on those records the Bills will get pick 26 in the draft, and the top ten are:

1. TENN (3-13)

2. BAL (3-13)

3. SF (4-12)

4. CLE (4-12)

5. SD (4-12)

6. WAS (5-11)

7. CHI (5-11)

8. NO (5-11)

9. MIA (5-11)

10. PHI (5-11)

So do you have the Bills winning this week?

you have to be a real Negative Nancy not to be able to plug in reasonable Bills wins to see they get a WC.

The machine does most of the work for them too.

Heck, if you go by power rankings (I know you disagree with that criteria a bit though) we lose to the chiefs and still make it in as a 6 seed

Bills playoffs start this week, they have to beat KC, NYJ and Houston or they are out.

No they don't. They have to win 5 of the 6 (doesn't matter who they lose to in that scenario) OR win 4 of the 6 with both defeats against NFC opponents.

Edited by GunnerBill

If you look at all the most likely scenarios, it's all going to come down to us and Pitt. We win out or lose tomorrow and win the next 5- we are in unless Pitt wins all remaining games. However, we can lose tomorrow and lose another and as long as Pitt loses two, we are in. Luckily, they play Seattle in Seattle Sunday, They also go to Cinci and have Broncos come to town. So they have it fairly tough. If we lose to KC Sunday it is crucial we get a Pitt loss too. My money is on them losing Sunday and to Cinci. We can lose to KC and Washington and still go in.

If you look at all the most likely scenarios, it's all going to come down to us and Pitt. We win out or lose tomorrow and win the next 5- we are in unless Pitt wins all remaining games. However, we can lose tomorrow and lose another and as long as Pitt loses two, we are in. Luckily, they play Seattle in Seattle Sunday, They also go to Cinci and have Broncos come to town. So they have it fairly tough. If we lose to KC Sunday it is crucial we get a Pitt loss too. My money is on them losing Sunday and to Cinci. We can lose to KC and Washington and still go in.

That is true so long as our second loss is not Houston or the Jets - it has to be an out of conference loss.

Edited by GunnerBill

I didn't realize that.

In that case, our season isn't over if we lose tomorrow.

It most definitely isn't. We can even get in if the second loss is the Jets (although I am not sure that is all that realistic a scenario). We have to have 1 of the next 2 and actually the Houston game is bigger for me. Kansas City are going to get to 10 or 11 wins - I am convinced they get in. I think Houston are a team who if they beat us can still get to 9... they have the Saints at home, Tennessee on the road and Jacksonville home. So if we lost to Houston we need every other game because otherwise that head to head hurts us badly.

If we lose Sunday, I don't think we lose to Houston. I am just looking at what are the most likely scenarios. It is more likely that we beat Houston at home. So a loss to KC and to any other team other than Houston to go 9-7 and we are still extremely likely to get in. Given the probable scenario that Pitt will lose at least two of the three likely losses they have.ahead.

I got the Bills at 10-6 and out of the playoffs on the basis of losing to the Chiefs who also finish 10-6. Steelers take the #5 seed at 12-4

AFC South comes down to week 17 Jagoffs @ Texans

NFC Norris produces 3 playoff teams with the division going down to week 17 Min @ GB

Edited by /dev/null

I think it's going to come down to the final week of the season unfortunately. Win and we are in. Lose and we need KC to lose too and then we hold the tie breaker over the Jets. So basically we need to win on Sunday or we aren't making the playoffs. No pressure though!