5-5, 13 points, that last drive. No excuses anymore

Virgil

Just no excuses for this. We were healthy on offense and couldn't get it done. Pats are not defensive world beaters.

I'll give the wind some credit for the deep balls. But we looked lost on that last drive and the second overall was just sad offensively. 3 points in the first half?

Sorry Roman, I know we dropped a TD, but you need to be better than this

Edited by Freddie's Ghost

No targets for Clay and Watkins in the first half. I'm going to say a lot of things tonight.And won't regret any of them tomorrow.That Pats team was ripe.

your qb just started his 8th game against bellichik get real
No. No. 5th year in the league. But EJ is done??Nope. Inexperienced is not flying with me. They have film on him now. And he's getting worse. Edited by Big Blitz

Roman really did not inspire today. Between letting the clock run down while not getting plays in, to running or throwing short on every single first down, the game plan was disappointing. They showed signs of life on O, but they failed to make any adjustments in game at all. And there were open routes downfield all game. Can't excuse Tyrod for missing some of those, as well.

Overall, they didn't capitalize on a number of big opportunities that were there. You can get away with that vs. the Jets. Not vs. the Pats

Roman really did not inspire today. Between letting the clock run down while not getting plays in, to running or throwing short on every single first down, the game plan was disappointing. They showed signs of life on O, but they failed to make any adjustments in game at all. And there were open routes downfield all game. Can't excuse Tyrod for missing some of those, as well.

Overall, they didn't capitalize on a number of big opportunities that were there. You can get away with that vs. the Jets. Not vs. the Pats

Throwing short is called managing the game, as get 3-4 yards on first down and getting 3-4 on second and more than not you should be able to sustain drive. Yet we couldn't, too many three and outs has hampered this team all season.

He was just terrible. It will of course all fall on Taylor as the QB. But, Roman did little to help him. In a word-Brutal

McKelvin lost it for us and has been an underperforming flop and bust. An average rotational safety and a terrible returner. Can say he feels bad all he wants cutting off 2.8 million and using Boobie Dixon for KR and PR along with the safety depth we have makes more sense.

This, exactly!

As much as I like Tyrod Taylor he just doesn't have the experience under his belt to win a game on the road against an undefeated championship team. The biggest difference in this game was the difference between the QB's.

Brady took full advantage when Rambo left the game.

They lost by 7 with a chance to tie on the final drive.

Did you think they'd win? in Foxboro?

Yes. Yes I did.

I'm sorry....but the Pats are not the same without Dion and Julian.

And news flash our Defense is great---we should be built to win on the road. The Pats were also down their 2nd best D player in Collins.

I loved the matchup. Loved the rest we had coming in. Total letdown from Tyrod to Roman to numerous things that show how dreadful our overall football IQ is---we continue to do all the little things worse then anybody.

To me Tyrod had a bad game. There were 3-6 throws he needs to make.

BUT...

Simultaneously he makes a great throw to McCoy. If he catches it this discussion doesn't exist. There is a blatant interference near the goaline. He doesn't turn the ball over and hasn't for 3-4 games. We were in a position to win. He guts it out. If this is his worst game he's a very good option.

So it's Roman's fault that Tyrod missed on so many throws in the game?

Hotrod had a very disappointing game and was instrumental in our loss sadly. Almost all of the long balls were short. Some of the short balls were off as well.

Play calling maybe could have been better, but if Hotrod has his usual game, we very well could have won.

I wish we had pulled him before the last drive. If not then, then definitely after the first duck. He was obviously not able to perform.

This, exactly!

As much as I like Tyrod Taylor he just doesn't have the experience under his belt to win a game on the road against an undefeated championship team. The biggest difference in this game was the difference between the QB's.

Brady took full advantage when Rambo left the game.

yes, and yes.. but i really don't think Taylor was 100% tonight.. in pror games he would have knocked McCoy over at the pylon with a shoulder high strike. just sayin

Yes. Yes I did.

I'm sorry....but the Pats are not the same without Dion and Julian.

And news flash our Defense is great---we should be built to win on the road. The Pats were also down their 2nd best D player in Collins.

I loved the matchup. Loved the rest we had coming in. Total letdown from Tyrod to Roman to numerous things that show how dreadful our overall football IQ is---we continue to do all the little things worse then anybody.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Your 5 wins were cuz TT is the man - throwing or running. Own it. Taking the ball out of his hands tonight resulted in an L. Own that.

TT was an OBVIOUS afterthought in this game plan -L.

You can savor that L with your TT brush off

I. Simply. Cant.

Maybe I should clarify. I made the title this to show where we are at after 10 games. I like Tyrod and this isn't just about his this game ended.

It's about where are as a whole team. Each game has its own individual excuses. Well, here we are at 5-5 and our offensive showing tonight is what we are

To me Tyrod had a bad game. There were 3-6 throws he needs to make.

BUT...

Simultaneously he makes a great throw to McCoy. If he catches it this discussion doesn't exist. There is a blatant interference near the goaline. He doesn't turn the ball over and hasn't for 3-4 games. We were in a position to win. He guts it out. If this is his worst game he's a very good option.

Agreed. Tyrod wasn't good at all but even his worst games would make EJ's top 10 best; I'm just saying if healthy there aren't better options available. I wouldn't rather have Foles or Bradford, two guys fans thought we wanted in the offseason. Keep in mind too that Belichick has a pretty long history of making opposing QBs look bad.

Ball control offense doesn't make sense for our players. This should be a spread or west coast rhythm passing team. Tyrod generally seems like a smart player, I want to see him in an offense that plays to his and the team's strengths more. They should've been throwing more and getting him into a rhythm. Screens to Sammy and McCoy should be attempted multiple times per game. Slants, curls, all that stuff with Woods, Clay. Cut out half of the inside runs and make them quick throws to McCoy and get him in space. And in general the way everyone is used is confusing. No targets for Watkins in the first half. Karlos, the north-south downhill runner, outside on 3rd and inches? Not up the gut two times in a row? Or if you have to go outside, not to Shady!? I wish I could see this offense with a Chan playbook.

Edited by LA Grant

Everyone relax! We were playing with house money in this one. It's a lot to ask to beat n undefeated team on the road, let alone the Pats. Go willing TT is ok, we should be happy that we were maybe two plays from winning this. We certainly weren't overmatched by any stretch. Let's make the adjustment and run through KC next week. GO BILLS!

That was Taylor, not Roman

This offense has a split personality. How can we score 33 or whatever the first time vs these guys and look the way we do against decent defenses like the Dolphins but then we go out there on national TV 2 weeks in a row and look like we have never completed a pass before in our lives. That was painful to watch. Sammy has every reason to be frustrated. This offense is regressing

Yeah. Good plan. Get your slightly built QB killed or beat up worse than he already is. What you're advocating doesn't work in the NFL on any sustained basis and certainly not against a Belichick coached defense. Nice name calling BTW. :rolleyes:

Maybe that poster missed all the times Bellichick shut down Doug Flutie when he was our QB.

Get the ball in Watkins's and Clay's hands as much as possible should be our game plan every week, be it by slants, outs, quick seem hits, screens, end arounds, whatever. These two playmakers have to be given a chance. Done with Felton's blocking also. What a waste. Let's get creative on offense in the passing game already , it is the 21st century and rules favor passes. Can't even look at a wr wrong or it will be a penalty!! Take advantage of the rules and our talent at TE and Sammy!!!!

Stop it

No targets for Clay and Watkins in the first half. I'm going to say a lot of things tonight.And won't regret any of them tomorrow.That Pats team was ripe.No. No. 5th year in the league. But EJ is done??Nope. Inexperienced is not flying with me. They have film on him now. And he's getting worse.

He is who people who left their rose colored glasses at home thought he was. Even his good games are OK and how many times do we have to watch him have 30-50 yards in the first half. He SHOULD get better. But I swear I better not see a "we need to lock this guy up" post. Im not subscribing to a Tannehill deal yet.

They lost by 7 with a chance to tie on the final drive.

Did you think they'd win? in Foxboro?

Not until i saw that that game was dictated by us. We hit Brady 14 freaking times. He threw that ball away more times than i have seen him do it against us. Brady was pulling the old Orton duck and cover. We ABSOLUTELY could have won that one

McKelvin lost it for us and has been an underperforming flop and bust. An average rotational safety and a terrible returner. Can say he feels bad all he wants cutting off 2.8 million and using Boobie Dixon for KR and PR along with the safety depth we have makes more sense.

Stupid players make stupid plays at critical points of the game. Mckelvin is a stupid player & Duke Williams doesn't have a clue out there. Not a clue.

What are you even talking about? McKelvin DID NOT lose that game. If thats what you thought. I dont know what to tell you

So it's Roman's fault that Tyrod missed on so many throws in the game?

Evidently

Yes. Yes I did. I'm sorry....but the Pats are not the same without Dion and Julian. And news flash our Defense is great---we should be built to win on the road. The Pats were also down their 2nd best D player in Collins. I loved the matchup. Loved the rest we had coming in. Total letdown from Tyrod to Roman to numerous things that show how dreadful our overall football IQ is---we continue to do all the little things worse then anybody.

Agree 100%. The play calling and time management by so-called "professionals" making millions of dollars is just mind boggling. And by "mind boggling, I mean bad, inept, and pathetic. Even with Tyrod's below average play, they still could have easily won if the above two issues would have been done efficiently.

Lesean and Sammy uses--which ever you want to say is the best offensive weapon-- was uninspiring at best.

Tyrod has thrown for over 200 yards in a game once since week 4: tonight. And has thrown for 4 total TDs since week 3.

Hard to throw over 200 when you are putting up a quarter of that in the first half. All his yards ALWAYS come in the 4th qtr

This offense has a split personality. How can we score 33 or whatever the first time vs these guys and look the way we do against decent defenses like the Dolphins but then we go out there on national TV 2 weeks in a row and look like we have never completed a pass before in our lives. That was painful to watch. Sammy has every reason to be frustrated. This offense is regressing

First game was inflated against a prevent defense.

And i am SUPER pissed Charles Clay is just a nobody out there. He is a freakin MAN and a mismatch almost every game.

Get the ball in Watkins's and Clay's hands as much as possible should be our game plan every week, be it by slants, outs, quick seem hits, screens, end arounds, whatever. These two playmakers have to be given a chance. Done with Felton's blocking also. What a waste. Let's get creative on offense in the passing game already , it is the 21st century and rules favor passes. Can't even look at a wr wrong or it will be a penalty!! Take advantage of the rules and our talent at TE and Sammy!!!!

Did you see Felton sight seeing on one of McCoys early runs. I swear he should have bought a ticket if he just wanted to watch the game.

Everyone relax! We were playing with house money in this one. It's a lot to ask to beat n undefeated team on the road, let alone the Pats. Go willing TT is ok, we should be happy that we were maybe two plays from winning this. We certainly weren't overmatched by any stretch. Let's make the adjustment and run through KC next week. GO BILLS!

That's one of the problems I have with the offense's play calling. The defense was lights out - one missed tackle by Graham and one bad mistake by Duke Williams. Since we were playing with house money we should have taken a lot more chances when we had the opportunity, especially in the second half. The running game stopped working.

This was the game to go into "shoot out mode" against the Pats. They couldn't match us if we did that.

Edited by snafu