The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

17 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

The problem is that as a staged, targeted hit on a small business owner, it promotes the hypocrisy of the left with little accountability.

The left is trying to make a point. The challenge is that the point they SAY they're making and the point they really ARE making are two different things.

They SAY they're dealing with a bigot because he refuses to do everything the left wants him to do for a homosexual.  This baker, in fact, creates product for many gays. He chooses not to partake in the ceremony, and the left simply finds that unacceptable.

But again, understanding this is all staged, ask yourself: why does the left go after the Christian baker, but not the Muslim baker? Why is it always a Christian baker in these staged events?

Too bad John Adams Franklin Quaker abandoned these shores and can't defend his theory that these issues won't snowball.

• Haha (+1) 1

Anti-Discrimination Laws Are Wielded against a Shelter for Battered Women

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/anti-discrimination-laws-used-against-battered-women-shelter/

There is a concept in Judaism that unnecessary stringency, even in the pursuit of positive goals, can have negative effects. This is similar to the idea of unintended consequences. A recent incident involving a women’s shelter in Anchorage, Alaska, illustrates how, taken to an overzealous extreme, even a sincere attempt to protect the dignity of some can cause tremendous suffering to others. In that case and others, self-righteous bureaucrats have distorted anti-discrimination laws to persecute religious and traditional Americans.

On the night of January 28, 2018, an employee answered a knock on the door of the Downtown Hope Center, a women’s shelter that provides a safe place for battered women and those who have escaped sex-trafficking. She expected to find another woman in need of a safe place to sleep. Instead, she found a biological male in a nightgown. He was drunk and appeared wounded. The biological man, Timothy Coyle, who identified as a transgender woman, Samantha Coyle, had gotten into a fight and been ejected from a nearby homeless shelter.

Sherrie Laurie, the director of the Hope Center, told Coyle that he could not stay there, but she provided him with cab fare and sent him to the emergency room for treatment. Coyle returned the next day, and the Center again informed him that it could not admit him for a number of reasons, including his arrival before the shelter opened for new admissions that day.

Coyle responded by filing a complaint with the Anchorage Equal Rights Commission, under a statute prohibiting discrimination in public accommodations. Yes, you read that right: A man sued a women’s shelter, claiming that it was legally required to allow him to sleep among the women it housed. This case highlights the way in which zealotry can go awry. The attempt to defend one group, transgendered individuals, is undermining attempts to protect the safety and dignity of a second group — vulnerable women.

more at the link:

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I can't remember who it was but I distinctly thought at the time that he reminded me of JA/BF.

i wish peace on earth and goodwill among all posters, i don't judge... :D

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Anti-Discrimination Laws Are Wielded against a Shelter for Battered Women

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/anti-discrimination-laws-used-against-battered-women-shelter/

There is a concept in Judaism that unnecessary stringency, even in the pursuit of positive goals, can have negative effects. This is similar to the idea of unintended consequences. A recent incident involving a women’s shelter in Anchorage, Alaska, illustrates how, taken to an overzealous extreme, even a sincere attempt to protect the dignity of some can cause tremendous suffering to others. In that case and others, self-righteous bureaucrats have distorted anti-discrimination laws to persecute religious and traditional Americans.

On the night of January 28, 2018, an employee answered a knock on the door of the Downtown Hope Center, a women’s shelter that provides a safe place for battered women and those who have escaped sex-trafficking. She expected to find another woman in need of a safe place to sleep. Instead, she found a biological male in a nightgown. He was drunk and appeared wounded. The biological man, Timothy Coyle, who identified as a transgender woman, Samantha Coyle, had gotten into a fight and been ejected from a nearby homeless shelter.

Sherrie Laurie, the director of the Hope Center, told Coyle that he could not stay there, but she provided him with cab fare and sent him to the emergency room for treatment. Coyle returned the next day, and the Center again informed him that it could not admit him for a number of reasons, including his arrival before the shelter opened for new admissions that day.

Coyle responded by filing a complaint with the Anchorage Equal Rights Commission, under a statute prohibiting discrimination in public accommodations. Yes, you read that right: A man sued a women’s shelter, claiming that it was legally required to allow him to sleep among the women it housed. This case highlights the way in which zealotry can go awry. The attempt to defend one group, transgendered individuals, is undermining attempts to protect the safety and dignity of a second group — vulnerable women.

more at the link:

No, a trans-woman sued a woman's shelter.

The question then being...can a cis-woman's shelter discriminate against trans-women?

32 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, a trans-woman sued a woman's shelter.

The question then being...can a cis-woman's shelter discriminate against trans-women?

peace and love to all in their small corner, and i in mine.....

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I also agree. What’s the purpose of the ban?  Who are they trying to “protect”?

In the case of Alex Jones, they are trying to inflame his popularity and drive more people to his channel. 

(because he's controlled opposition, they'd rather make a martyr of a cut-out like Jones who pushes disinformation than make a martyr out of an alternative news source that pushes real information)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I also agree. What’s the purpose of the ban?  Who are they trying to “protect”?

People who's feelings might be hurt.  People who hear him say that Sandy Hook was faked, and get upset by it.

Seems to me that the problem there isn't Jones, as much as it is people who get offended by him because they somehow forgot that crackpots shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

IT’S A BEAUTIFUL THING, WINSTON, THE DESTRUCTION OF WORDS: 

Healthline says, using the medical term ‘vagina’ is not gender-inclusive language, uses ‘front hole’ instead.

I’m looking forward to the next presentation of The Front Hole Monologues.

winston_smith_newspeak_dictionary_featur

UPDATE: James Woods tweets, “The good news is that ‘!@#$’ will still be used for the idiot who came up with this…”

by Ed Driscoll permalink.gif  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, B-Man said:

Bill Maher is wrong about a great many things.

But he’s 100% correct about free speech.

Maher annoys the hell out of me, but as far as I can remember he's always been very consistent on the issue of free speech.

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Healthline says, using the medical term ‘vagina’ is not gender-inclusive language, uses ‘front hole’ instead.

UPDATE: James Woods tweets, “The good news is that ‘!@#$’ will still be used for the idiot who came up with this…”

Wow, someone has sand in their front hole.

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

I’m starting to consider James Woods a national treasure. Unhinged...maybe, but he’s been throwing some funny $&@? Out there lately.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

I’m starting to consider James Woods a national treasure. Unhinged...maybe, but he’s been throwing some funny $&@? Out there lately.

He has no restrictions now. He's been blackballed by Hollywood, after he made enough money not to have to worry about working ever again - he doesn't have to give a !@#$.

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

How dare you assume the orientation of my body.  

My body has infinite possibilities of orientation and I don't limit myself to front and back.

19 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

How dare you assume the orientation of my body.  

My body has infinite possibilities of orientation and I don't limit myself to front and back.

Then by all means, accept that invitation to the "home opener" by Boyst.

29 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If you spin an Asian around enough do they become disorientialed?

From my experience with Asian women (who are invariably spinners) it depends upon whether you spin them clockwise or counterclockwise. It's been awhile and I can't remember which way, but one direction makes their eyes look funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: Instructor tries to quarantine gun owners in back of class.

“A teaching assistant at the University of Utah tried to create a ‘Second Amendment zone’ in a classroom, forcing students who legally carry to stand in a tiny, taped-off area with no desk during class.”

This is the sort of mean-spirited abuse of power one expects from today’s campus left. When taxpayers lose interest in subsidizing it, we’ll be told it’s because of “anti-intellectualism.”

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's gotta be fake.

Nope.

Conor Daly, who wasn’t born when this story was said to have happened, is making his NASCAR debut is this weekend in a second-tier Xfinity Series race at Road America. He showed up with an almost blank car, and his former sponsor for the race, Lilly Diabetes, said this via NASCAR writer Chris Knight:

“Our sponsorship in Saturday’s race is intended to raise awareness of treatment options and resources for people living with diabetes. Unfortunately, the comments that surfaced this week by Derek Daly distract from this focus, so we have made the decision that Lilly Diabetes will no longer run the No. 6 at Road America this weekend.

“We remain committed to our mission of supporting people with diabetes.