The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

They took it down because they couldn't verify the blogger's authenticity, but not because it was both ignorant and repugnant? In other words, the author wasn't valid, but the concept was.

Pathetic.

They took it down because they couldn't verify the blogger's authenticity, but not because it was both ignorant and repugnant? In other words, the author wasn't valid, but the concept was.

Pathetic.

The bigger takeaway (for me) was that until now their bloggers were all unvetted.

The bigger takeaway (for me) was that until now their bloggers were all unvetted.

As far as I'm concerned, whether legitimate professional or fictitious amateur, retarded is still retarded.

But I get your point.

I always assumed that. I actually assume that most "online only" media outlets have a "we provide a framework so anyone with a computer and half-assed opinion can start a blog" policy.

So the American flag is political?

Maybe not political, but a fan at sports events today get a healthy dose of patriotic indoctrination and war celebration.

I was at the Texas Rangers at Seattle Mariners game yesterday. Before the game they had the traditional Star Spangled banner. OK (although I did see one Colin Kapernick circa 2016 protestor). Then at the 7th inning stretch it's everybody back up for more removing hats/hand over your heart action for "God Bless America". Then later, a military person comes out and AGAIN everyone stands up and cheer (they do this at Bill's games too) as they played the Army Dog song. Yay war!!

And this was the day AFTER Miltary Appreciation Day at the ball yard.

How much is enough?

Maybe not political, but a fan at sports events today get a healthy dose of patriotic indoctrination and war celebration.

I was at the Texas Rangers at Seattle Mariners game yesterday. Before the game they had the traditional Star Spangled banner. OK (although I did see one Colin Kapernick circa 2016 protestor). Then at the 7th inning stretch it's everybody back up for more removing hats/hand over your heart action for "God Bless America". Then later, a military person comes out and AGAIN everyone stands up and cheer (they do this at Bill's games too) as they played the Army Dog song. Yay war!!

How much is enough?

As a military historian, it's been one of my constant observations of American culture: our society is heavily infused with militaria. Not that we're militarized, mind you, but even anti-war Americans have an unseemly worshipful attitude towards the American military.

As a military historian, it's been one of my constant observations of American culture: our society is heavily infused with militaria. Not that we're militarized, mind you, but even anti-war Americans have an unseemly worshipful attitude towards the American military.

Of course your country is infused, the military is a vital career path for many, with the odds being you will not face combat.

Thank goodness for those of us in satellite countries that wouldn't last 3 seconds in battle against US enemies...

That and here in Seattle we have a bigly defense contractor (Boeing). War is good for bidness.

20 years ago I knew a lot of good Americans whose lives and pensions were fully funded by making the tools of the trade for Nam.

And again, I am grateful for the US having to police the world, even if the best of intentions haven't ended up the best...

Of course your country is infused, the military is a vital career path for many, with the odds being you will not face combat.

Thank goodness for those of us in satellite countries that wouldn't last 3 seconds in battle against US enemies...

Thanks for that woefully ignorant and stupid analysis. Can you explain quantum chromodynamics next?

How much is enough?

I've gotta say that I thought the God Bless America in the 7th was just going to be for the rest of 2001 after 9/11, and think it's ridiculous and I have a feeling all the players, etc. do, too.

Free speech is a tool of white supremacists, and Heather Mac Donald is a fascist, a white supremacist, a warhawk, transphobe, queerphobe, classist, that questions black people's right to exist:

Students: Free Speech is for Bigots, College Must Apologize for Hosting ‘Fascist’ Heather Mac Donald

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/students-free-speech-is-for-bigots-college-must-apologize-for-hosting-fascist-heather-mac-donald/

Free speech is a tool of white supremacists, and Heather Mac Donald is a fascist, a white supremacist, a warhawk, transphobe, queerphobe, classist, that questions black people's right to exist:

Students: Free Speech is for Bigots, College Must Apologize for Hosting ‘Fascist’ Heather Mac Donald

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/students-free-speech-is-for-bigots-college-must-apologize-for-hosting-fascist-heather-mac-donald/

The answer from the college should be: Feel free to disenroll if you don't like the values we represent. Further, know that any interruptions in the future will result in your arrest, our willingness to testify against you in your prosecution, and your immediate dismissal from our school.

Students: Free Speech is for Bigots, College Must Apologize for Hosting Fascist Heather Mac Donald

/CriticalRaceTheory