The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

So this is the world we live in now, huh? Communications professors at public universities threatening physical violence against reporters in a public university? Professors being forced to re-sign for holding exams when classes are still in session?

Of course, most of this is driven by the President of Mizzou's white privilege.

"This raises some rather obvious questions, like: What is “white privilege”? Why is it that Tim Wolfe’s “white privilege” mattered while that of Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel (salary: $3.1 million for helping men in pads hit each other) and Assistant Professor Melissa Click (gets paid to study Lady Gaga and 50 Shades of Grey) does not? Why is it that “white privilege” only manifests when the left wants it to manifest? Why do low-IQ dolts make up terms that only apply in Cloud Cuckoo Land, but that we all have to pretend to care about? Was Western civilization truly built brick by brick so that those same low-IQ dolts could mewl about their feelings?"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/11/what-is-white-privilege/

Will the President of the Student Body face repercussions for spreading dangerous and incorrect rumors about the KKK being present on campus? Probably not, right?

How does anyone on the planet think this kind of behavior is okay? How does an entire student protest group at Yale not understand the chief principle of Free Speech?

After Yale, Mizzou, raise the voting age — to 25.

Christakis–the liberal Yale Professor who dared to question P.C. orthodoxy–has profusely apologized to the “offended” snowflakes who are now running the progressive asylums universities:

REAPING WHAT PROGRESSIVISM HATH SOWN:

Kevin Williamson on “Yale’s Idiot Children“:

On Friday, I was honored to be a guest of the William F. Buckley Jr. Program at Yale, where I participated in a panel on freedom of speech with the wonderful writer Harry Stein and Professor Bradley A. Smith, a noted law scholar.

The Yale kids did their screaming best to prevent us from having a conversation about free speech — the Yale kids are utterly immune to irony — but the event went much as planned. Coming and going, we were chanted at by idiot children screaming, “Genocide is not a joke!” . . .

If you’re wondering about the genocide thing, so were we. . . . The idiot children were screaming about Lukianoff because he said they were overreacting to Christakis’s criticism that they tend to scream and overreact. Well played, idiot children.

Of course, these idiot children aren’t children. These are young adults who can serve in the military, get married, buy firearms, drink alcohol, etc. They are at the beginning years of adult life, but they are entirely unprepared for adult life. . . .

As for me, I think that they’re clowns, and worse than that, really: They’re bad citizens, and defective people from defective families.
They aren’t motivated by good will, but by fear: of the dawning realization that they, as people, aren’t really all that important, despite having been told all their lives how important they are.

We’re all real sorry about your safe spaces and your pacifier and your stuffed puppy, Caitlyn. Really we are. Yet the perpetual revolution of configured stars continues in its indifference, and the lot of man is ceaseless labor, and though you may find the thought terrifying — and thinking itself terrifying — it may turn out to be the case that the screaming in the dark you do on campus is more or less the same screaming in the dark you did in the crib, the same howl for the same reason.

• Like (+1) 1

http://cornellsun.com/2015/11/08/racial-tensions-build-among-ithaca-college-students-administration/

The second event involved two alumni who made racially insensitive remarks about another black alumna at a college event, Blue Sky Kickoff on Oct. 8, according to The Ithacan.

In an open letter to The Ithacan, Ithaca College Faculty wrote, we were distressed and offended by the fact that one of the guest speakers, Tatiana Sy 09, was repeatedly called the savage by another guest speaker, Chris Burch 76.

Burch referred to Sy as the savage after she made a comment about her savage hunger, referring to her ambition.

The faculty pointed out that this phrase, which they said they found offensive, was also used by the moderator, Bob Kur 70.

Although Burch and Kur seemed unaware of the racist and sexist implications of referring to Sy, who is African-American, in this way, others in the room were not, the Ithaca College Faculty wrote.

The third and final event occurred on Oct. 9 when unaffiliated fraternity, Alpha Epsilon Pi, sent out Facebook invitations to their themed party, Preps & Crooks. According to The Ithacan, the event said theCrooks theme suggests a more 90s thuggish style and bling and Preps theme refers to ones favorite Polo shirt, button down or boat shoes.

Daniella Resto 18 said in article in The Ithacan she felt that this theme and its suggested dress code represented an attack on the minority community.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Can i have some of his black disadvantage? :lol:

RAYSIS!

Edited by joesixpack

Oh, here's the deleted thread :flirt:

No no, I had to make it for the third time and move it here myself.

Three deleted threads combined in to one.

One of those deleted threads originating in PPP.

I'm guessing this one doesn't have much of a shelf life either, though I can't for the life of me reason out why.

They deleted this topic on PPP once before?

Three deleted threads combined in to one.

One of those deleted threads originating in PPP.

I'm guessing this one doesn't have much of a shelf life either, though I can't for the life of me reason out why.

Why did the other 2 on off the wall get deleted? At least move them to ppp. They stayed relatively civil. Very odd

If only there was a leader.

A leader of color.

A leader of color with great speaking skills, who carved out a successful life as a young black man against all odds.

Someone who could inspire everyone to breathe deep and act rationally and create a dialogue and maybe spur actions that aren't so ugly and hurtful and destructive.

Man, if only such a leader existed. This would be a good place for them to lead.

Oh, well.

• Like (+1) 1

A leader of color.

A leader of color with great speaking skills, who carved out a successful life as a young black man against all odds.

Someone who could inspire everyone to breathe deep and act rationally and create a dialogue and maybe spur actions that aren't so ugly and hurtful and destructive.

Man, if only such a leader existed. This would be a good place for them to lead.

Oh, well.

Vote Carson?

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure.

Could be wrong.

I don't think so. The others were all on Off the Wall. I asked for them to get moved here

Uhm, AEPi is a Jewish fraternity. I think ADL needs to weigh in on who's the bigger victim here.

This one event is an indicator at how ridiculous our overly progressive PC culture has evolved into bands of unmitigated morons growing up in an enviornment of artificial outrage by people who aspire to be victims.

If this is the future of America we are all !@#$ed.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Oh, here's the deleted thread :flirt:

It's so stupid that an over-officious jerk blew up the thread twice. Not naming names!

All it needed was to be towed here. Not blown up. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Why did the other 2 on off the wall get deleted? At least move them to ppp. They stayed relatively civil. Very odd

I started both those threads and got told by the OJ that they were polluted and that's why they couldn't be moved (I guess, I never got a straight answer).

They were very civil and it is very odd.

A leader of color.

Oh, well.

Could I use this quote? I love it!

In the meantime, my vote is for Big Sexy, Jason Whitlock. I love this:

http://j.school/post/133025099640/crying-wolfe-exposes-real-problem

Best thing about an Ithaca diploma? It doubles as a handicap parking sticker.

MIZZOU PROFESSOR RESIGNS FOLLOWING OUTRAGE OVER HIS REFUSAL TO CANCEL EXAM: As Ace adds, “So, the woman who called for ‘muscle’ to push around a reporter did not resign (she resigned her ‘courtesy appointment’ at the journalism school, but not her steady gig at the communications school), but this guy did:”

Dr
Dale Brigham, considered one of the most beloved professors at the University of Missouri, has been forced to resign after initially refusing to cancel an exam for students who claimed to feel “unsafe.”

“If you don’t feel safe coming to class, then don’t come to class,” Dr. Brigham told his students. “I will be there, and there will be an exam administered in our class,” he continued, imploring his students to stand up to the bullies on campus. “If you give into bullies, they win. The only way bullies are defeated is by standing up to them.”

Read the whole thing.

Update: “Where does the witch hunt end?”