Patriots cheating at coin flips ?

papazoid

Just when you think the Pats have exhausted all possible avenues for cheating, deception, and overall scumbaggery, they once again find a way to outdo themselves.

It would appear that the Patriots have somehow found a way to even cheat the coin toss. the Pats have won 19 of the past 25 coin flips. The odds of that happening are 0.0073 - less than three quarters of one percent.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/11/4/9672716/the-patriots-cheat-at-coin-flips-too

Next thing you'll tell me is that they will get 3.5 on a dice roll?

where is the outrage over the Colts monkeying with the injury report (Luck = hurt ribs)? By the rules, its cheating. Colts* I say, Colts*. They suck and they cheated!

Linky

(sorry if this was already discussed, I haven't been here much the last week or so)

Belicheck has figured something here...weighting the coin before its given to the ref????

I actually was thinking about this the other day...may seem small but i think having the ball to open the second half can be a big deal. Hate that it rests with luck and luck alone.

I think they should just give the home team option at start of every game....and only throw the coin to start overtime.

can't find it now, but read something a week ago that said the Bills had the lowest win % (last in league) for the coin toss over the last so many years.

Of course. How could it be otherwise?

When you're cursed, you're cursed.

where is the outrage over the Colts monkeying with the injury report (Luck = hurt ribs)? By the rules, its cheating. Colts* I say, Colts*. They suck and they cheated!

Linky

(sorry if this was already discussed, I haven't been here much the last week or so)

Or the Bills with Tyrod Taylor. Rex said Taylor has been injured since camp but he wasn't on the injury reports for the first several games. Same Ol' Bills* ?

Just when you think the Pats have exhausted all possible avenues for cheating, deception, and overall scumbaggery, they once again find a way to outdo themselves.

It would appear that the Patriots have somehow found a way to even cheat the coin toss. the Pats have won 19 of the past 25 coin flips. The odds of that happening are 0.0073 - less than three quarters of one percent.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/11/4/9672716/the-patriots-cheat-at-coin-flips-too

Their maths is a little out....should be 0.0053 (1 in 189.5)

Obviously this is still way outside expected norms.

Integrity of the game has been compromised.

Allegations will continue until one sticks.

The Only way to gain back integrity is for them to admit there actions and seek forgiveness from the league or they need to be eliminated from the league.

This team is the C. Tan of the NFL, and it's embarrassing.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/182575-patriots-cheating-at-coin-flips/?do=findComment&comment=3754960

.0053 is (approx) the probability of winning exactly 19 out of 25 flips.

.0073 is (approx) the probability of winning at least 19 out of 25 flips. (i.e. 19 or 20 or ... or 25)

Either way it stinks.

Those are the odds for exactly 19 of 25. They calculated the odds of 19 or more out of 25.

The math ain't wrong, the article's inaccurately worded.

Those are the odds for exactly 19 of 25. They calculated the odds of 19 or more out of 25.

The math ain't wrong, the article's inaccurately worded.

It's the Patriots, it's not inaccurately worded you just cannot compete with that level of articulation.

Linky

well, why wouldn't they? they are just not very good at it yet,

Practice practice practice.

and of course, sign in blood. right here _, and here _ and again here _.

welcome to the Netherworld, Indy.

You're right!

My wife was looking for a fun and relevant activity for her stats students to work on for a Friday lesson (tomorrow). This is perfect.

post-11408-0-92633900-1446772504_thumb.png

Edited by judman

I might be considered a Pats apologist but this is just weird. Amazing, and weird.

I'm the first one to assume that the Patriots will look for a way to cheat at any and everything, but ... from a statistics perspective, this is not a highly unusual result when looking at 32 teams. You're going to have a big bell in the middle, but one or two teams out at both extremes of the tail. Sorry, but this one is a big nothing.

of course :flirt:

I hope Brady comes out and says that he gambles on football too when they ask him about this. :lol:

ModernCoinMagic.gif

they are clearly paying the refs off

Brady is on the juice or some special sauce put together by his personal trainer. Maybe he is using the stuff that ben carson shills, excuse me Ben has nothing to do with nanotech.

"Balance in all things in life is a good thing," he said. "Obviously having your body in balance is really important. Certainly keeping your arm in good shape. And it kills me to see all these pitchers having Tommy John surgery, knowing that could be avoided. Hamstring pulls and groin injuries, so many of these things that I just shake my head and I go, I can't believe that this still happens in today's day and age. That's why Alex and I started TB12, because I felt based on the care that I received over 10 years, I can't — this is what my calling will be after football, is to educate people, and what it really takes."

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/10/tom_brady_is_fired_up_about_nu.html

Great now he will play till he is 50 :angry: