Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

I'm NOT criticizing the guy.

I'm just saying that people shouldn't expect some fans not to prod him if they think that it makes him play better.

I don't know if you caught his comments........but he basically said the criticism made him play better.

I don't believe that to be the case....I think he's just a nice guy that was just saying something he thought made him look better in light of the negativity......but HE said it.

As for the criticism of Sammy prior to him spouting off about having his agent call Rex........like I said, if anything it was muttering under the breath.

Most fans ADORE Sammy and as we saw with SJ13 when these fans love you they will overlook a mountain of other issues to have something to love.

Anyone who was at the game heard the Sammy chants......and that is saying something considering his comments.....which hit home in an area where great paying jobs are at a premium.

Agree with everything you've said - but he's what, 20? Edited by Coach Tuesday

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made Grimes look baaaaad

Next up....."the island"

He really did. And I like Grimes a lot.

This is one of those matchups that sucks on TV because so much of it will be played off screen and down the field. I wish I could be at the stadium to watch this one. Maybe for the rematch I'll get there.

He really did. And I like Grimes a lot.

This is one of those matchups that sucks on TV because so much of it will be played off screen and down the field. I wish I could be at the stadium to watch this one. Maybe for the rematch I'll get there.

The NFL and networks should allow for viewers to have a choice of views including the All-22 perspective.

The NFL and networks should allow for viewers to have a choice of views including the All-22 perspective.

I've been waiting for that for years! I remember a few years ago it was discussed (maybe during the last round of TV contracts), but teams were worried it'd make their QBs look bad if fans saw the all-22 and realized how often there are guys open. I'm not sure I buy that excuse (if it was even a real one) but I remember reading about that at the time.

@TBNSports

ESPN just showed @sammywatkins' bobble-and-catch again. See it from many different angles: http://galleries.buffalonews.com/default.aspx?id=5181#/0

The thing that was amazing about that catch was how confidently he snatched it out of the air after two bobbles. He didn't panic like most WRs do when they make a mistake. He refocused and just snatched it out of the air and kept running.

The thing that was amazing about that catch was how confidently he snatched it out of the air after two bobbles. He didn't panic like most WRs do when they make a mistake. He refocused and just snatched it out of the air and kept running.

Yep. I'm not sure how many people saw him talk about the catch but he said he completely lost it in the sun, and just put out his hands where he thought it would land and the ball hit them, then he could try to catch it. If true, and there isn't much reason not to believe him, that is incredible.

Yep. I'm not sure how many people saw him talk about the catch but he said he completely lost it in the sun, and just put out his hands where he thought it would land and the ball hit them, then he could try to catch it. If true, and there isn't much reason not to believe him, that is incredible.

That's astounding if he really did that--I mean, that's unbelievable.

Yeah I thought he was going to drop it. In slow motion it's insane, I think the first bounce goes behind him, and it seems like he just calmly taps it back in front of him. So good. Even better when you realize the sun was in his eyes.

Anyone in the sun sections at the game Sunday know how brutal that sun was and he had to look directly into it to try and track the ball. i wore my hat sideways half the game, it was ridiculously bright....

That's astounding if he really did that--I mean, that's unbelievable.

For some reason I can't copy the interview. It's on bills mobile app. It's the post game interview with Sammy.

He talks about it at 4:25 into the interview. The whole six minutes are worth watching, especially for anyone who thinks he's a diva.

EDIT. HERE it is...

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sammy_Watkins_Keep_believing_in_us/d4b04fbb-3585-47b0-bf7a-699653838cdb

If you watch the interview keep it going to hear him describe the second TD. That's pretty remarkable, too.

Edited by Kelly the Dog