Tyrod's first 5 games

First things first: I'm not comparing the players now, and I'm not saying that Tyrod will definitely develop into a franchise QB, let alone a top 5 QB. However, there are people who think Tyrod has had maybe 2 good games and that have complained about his performance thus far. I have compiled the stats from the first 5 games of another QB who had time to sit before starting. Let's let the season play out and see what we have.

QB = Aaron Rodgers

CMP ATT YDS YPA TD INT RSH YDS YPC TD W/L
18 26 201 7.73 1 0 5 30 6.0 0 L
18 22 178 8.09 1 0 8 35 4.4 1 W
24 38 328 8.63 3 0 4 25 6.25 0 W
22 39 290 7.44 0 0 5 10 2.0 1 L
14 27 165 6.11 2 3 2 8 4.0 0 L
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
96 152 1162 7.64 7 3 24 108 4.5 2 2-3

QB = Tyrod Taylor

14 19 195 10.26 1 0 9 41 4.6 0 W
23 30 242 8.07 3 3 5 43 8.6 1 L
21 29 277 9.55 3 0 3 12 4.0 0 W
28 42 274 6.52 1 1 6 15 2.5 0 L
10 17 109 6.41 1 0 8 76 9.5 1 W
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
96 137 1097 8.01 9 4 31 187 6.0 2 3-2

5 games in and that is proof?

I support TT fully, but 5 games in by no means any proof. Look at RGIII for example. Light out his rookie season. Then what happened

example # 2 Kapernick

example #3 Sanchez -- 2 CCG's you can't argue that much.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I support TT fully, but 5 games in by no means any proof. Look at RGIII for example. Light out his rookie season. Then what happened

example # 2 Kapernick

Proof of what? All I said is that his stats warrant more opportunities.

First things first: I'm not comparing the players now, and I'm not saying that Tyrod will definitely develop into a franchise QB, let alone a top 5 QB. However, there are people who think Tyrod has had maybe 2 good games and that have complained about his performance thus far. I have compiled the stats from the first 5 games of another QB who had time to sit before starting. Let's let the season play out and see what we have.

BuffaloHokie13, I admire your optimism. I try to have that too. I'm behind TT and hope his career does take off here. It better soon because there is no shortage of "fans" who will savage him and his reputation if it doesn't.

Go Bills!

BuffaloHokie13, I admire your optimism. I try to have that too. I'm behind TT and hope his career does take off here. It better soon because there is no shortage of "fans" who will savage him and his reputation if it doesn't.

Go Bills!

I really don't think he'll ever be Aaron Rodgers, but I'd like to find out what he is :)

We went through this with EJ (and still do to an extent)

It's much too early to get into comparisons... he's 3-2, has had a couple good games, a couple games where he struggled, it'll take a long time to truly figure out if we have something, imo.

OK, but is there some outcry that TT hasn't warranted more opportunities? I think most fans can't wait for TT to return so they don't have to watch EJM anymore.

IDK why, but there are folks who think EJ should finish out the year. There are folks who think we need to bring in Ryan Mallett. There are folks who think that Tyrod has reached his 'ceiling'. There are folks to who think the NFL figured him out after 2 games. And there are folks who think that Tyrod should be some perfectly polished product because he held a clipboard for Flacco for 4 years. In the end, he hasn't been nearly as bad as some seem to think, and he needs to play out the season.

We went through this with EJ (and still do to an extent)

It's much too early to get into comparisons... he's 3-2, has had a couple good games, a couple games where he struggled, it'll take a long time to truly figure out if we have something, imo.

I'm with you. This was more a response to people saying his time holding a clipboard should have slowed down the game for him and made him a polished product like the comparison was when he finally started. Here's hoping we give it some time and make a proper assessment.

I really don't think he'll ever be Aaron Rodgers, but I'd like to find out what he is :)

he could end up great, or you could find a dumpster fire that started his first 5 games well.... all this really says is you like him a lot, and who knows what his future is. we all kind of knew both those things already.

example # 2 Kapernick

The analogy to RGIII is nonsensical. Mike Shanahan got Griffin "killed" and the following season started him without his participating fully in training camp and not playing in any exhibitions, which led to him getting injured again early on. Griffin has never been the same since Shanahan ruined him. That's a big difference between a healthy, young player and a significantly limited player following serious injuries. Also, when Griffin returned, they attempted to totally change his game, which he had difficulty adapting to. So it's apples and oranges.

Why are so many now dumping on Taylor? We wouldn't have three wins if it wasn't for him. He's played exceptionally well for someone who never started previously. It therefore must be the ecstasy with EJ. Good luck with that.

OK, but is there some outcry that TT hasn't warranted more opportunities? I think most fans can't wait for TT to return so they don't have to watch EJM anymore.

Search Gug or TakeittoTasker's posts and you will understand why this is being posted

I personally dont like post Tyrod's numbers to a future hall of famer

- His work to date does not warrant that

and

- it is not fair to compare the two players....at this point in their careers Aaron Rogers is clearly the better player

The analogy to RGIII is nonsensical. Mike Shanahan got Griffin "killed" and the following season started him without his participating fully in training camp and not playing in any exhibitions, which led to him getting injured again early on. Griffin has never been the same since Shanahan ruined him. That's a big difference between a healthy, young player and a significantly limited player following serious injuries. Also, when Griffin returned, they attempted to totally change his game, which he had difficulty adapting to. So it's apples and oranges.

Why are so many now dumping on Taylor? We wouldn't have three wins if it wasn't for him. He's played exceptionally well for someone who never started previously. It therefore must be the ecstasy with EJ. Good luck with that.

If I might chime in

Was Shanahan a QB killer or RG a coach killer?

A couple of items to ponder -

Where is Shanahan this season and why is RGIII 3rd string?

Who tried to make RGIII a pocket passer when he is a running QB? IIRC (and I may be wrong here) that is what RGIII and his dad wanted for him. To not run so much and pass from the pocket.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

QB = Aaron Rodgers

18 26 201 7.73 1 0 5 30 6.0 0 L

18 22 178 8.09 1 0 8 35 4.4 1 W

24 38 328 8.63 3 0 4 25 6.25 0 W

22 39 290 7.44 0 0 5 10 2.0 1 L

14 27 165 6.11 2 3 2 8 4.0 0 L

96 152 1162 7.64 7 3 24 108 4.5 2 2-3

QB = Tyrod Taylor

14 19 195 10.26 1 0 9 41 4.6 0 W

23 30 242 8.07 3 3 5 43 8.6 1 L

21 29 277 9.55 3 0 3 12 4.0 0 W

28 42 274 6.52 1 1 6 15 2.5 0 L

10 17 109 6.41 1 0 8 76 9.5 1 W

96 137 1097 8.01 9 4 31 187 6.0 2 3-2

One thing I like about TT is that none of his INTs have been on bad reads or instances in which he stared down a receiver. Two were high (NE), one was an inaccurate desperation heave before the half (NE), and one was a good throw in which the DB made a great, great play (NYG; Clay could have come down with it himself, actually). He's a much different player than Manuel in that respect.

Remember how good Ryan Fitzpatrick look in beginning of 2011. First five games 4 wins and 1 lost. 10 tds and 4 int. just 1 fumble and only sacked 3 times. One of those wins were against NE. I thought we got our QB. Look how that year finished. By the way Taylor did start one game with the Ravens in 2012. He lost to the Bengals in the final game of the year. Got in seven games that year. He played in 11 games total at Baltimore, mainly as a runner. Used him to run for first downs. Did get some time on the playing field before he came here. I know its not a lot , but it wasn't just sitting on the bench. Harbaugh had him in the game plan during season.

Well there's been a lot of talk about drafting QB's and tanking for 2016 and not taking Carr and Bridgewater etc. I'm extremely pumped about TT and don't know why any other Bills fan wouldn't be. He's shown he can make all the throws in and out of the pocket, is a true leader, has that X factor, can put the team on his back, and has been great at every level he's ever played.

Whatever you think he is now, the more experience he gets, the better he will get imo. Obviously he needs to improve in certain areas and I'm sure he knows this and will work to do so.

Remember how good Ryan Fitzpatrick look in beginning of 2011. First five games 4 wins and 1 lost. 10 tds and 4 int. just 1 fumble and only sacked 3 times. One of those wins were against NE. I thought we got our QB. Look how that year finished. By the way Taylor did start one game with the Ravens in 2012. He lost to the Bengals in the final game of the year. Got in seven games that year. He played in 11 games total at Baltimore, mainly as a runner. Used him to run for first downs. Did get some time on the playing field before he came here. I know its not a lot , but it wasn't just sitting on the bench. Harbaugh had him in the game plan during season.

Flacco played the first 2 series of that game. After those series they pulled Ray Rice and Torrey Smith, along with Flacco.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

; Remember how good Ryan Fitzpatrick look in beginning of 2011. First five games 4 wins and 1 lost. 10 tds and 4 int. just 1 fumble and only sacked 3 times. One of those wins were against NE. I thought we got our QB. Look how that year finished. By the way Taylor did start one game with the Ravens in 2012. He lost to the Bengals in the final game of the year. Got in seven games that year. He played in 11 games total at Baltimore, mainly as a runner. Used him to run for first downs. Did get some time on the playing field before he came here. I know its not a lot , but it wasn't just sitting on the bench. Harbaugh had him in the game plan during season.

Not as the starting QB.....which is just a whole other animal

Hey, I love the guy so far.

Just not in the first half of some games.

Great escape-ability, and has a strong arm with decent accuracy. The entire problem is...where is now, and why did he miss two games? Running QB's don't last long in this league, and are often injured. I think RG3 is a perfect example of what happens to a running QB who suffers severe leg injuries, and what happens after.

RG3 developed something other NFL players call the "yips", and he just gets so rattled that he can no longer focus as a starting NFL QB. Looks like something similar is happening to Colin Kaepernick too.

Is he the answer at QB for Buffalo? Kinda way to early to tell just yet. IMO

I just hope he is able to play against Miami. No way we can beat the Fins and Jets with Manuel at the helm. He better rest up the rest of this week and next week to make sure hes ready to go!

I believe EJ defeated the Fish and JETS in the past. What rational do you have that he can't do it again? Please do not answer with because he sucks.

just checked to make sure I remembered correctly.

2014 season MIA 10 @ BUF 29

2013 season NYJ 14 @ BUF 37

Edited by NOVABillsFan

I believe EJ defeated the Fish and JETS in the past. What rational do you have that he can't do it again? Please do not answer with because he sucks.

He has regressed since last year, he just lost to the Jags because of his own terrible mistakes, and both of those teams are better than they were last year

He has regressed since last year, he just lost to the Jags because of his own terrible mistakes, and both of those teams are better than they were last year

let us agree to disagree.

EJ's 4 TD's & 3 INT's in 2 games (Andrew Luck type numbers) which were twice as many points than Taylor in his last 2 games.

By your rationale I could say that Taylor regressed after his first 3 games.

Week 1 - 27 points - Taylor good

Week 2 - 32 points - Taylor horrible game until the 4th QTR

Week 3 - 41 points - Taylor

Week 4 - 10 points - Taylor not so great

Week 5 - 14 points - Taylor not so great

Week 6 - 21 points - All EJ does is suck

Week 7 - 24 points (31 w/pick 6) - All EJ does is suck

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

let us agree to disagree.

EJ's 4 TD's & 3 INT's in 2 games (Andrew Luck type numbers) were twice as many points than Taylor in his last 2 games.

By your rationale I could say that Taylor regressed after his first 3 games.

Are you also NOVABillsFan? Just curious.

IDK why, but there are folks who think EJ should finish out the year. There are folks who think we need to bring in Ryan Mallett. There are folks who think that Tyrod has reached his 'ceiling'. There are folks to who think the NFL figured him out after 2 games. And there are folks who think that Tyrod should be some perfectly polished product because he held a clipboard for Flacco for 4 years. In the end, he hasn't been nearly as bad as some seem to think, and he needs to play out the season.

I'm with you. This was more a response to people saying his time holding a clipboard should have slowed down the game for him and made him a polished product like the comparison was when he finally started. Here's hoping we give it some time and make a proper assessment.

I am perfectly content with the way TT has played this year & I am excited to see how he finishes the season. I don't ever want to see manuel under center in a meaningful game for the Bills again.

yep. he sure did.

i dont care who starts. But who ever does better win. and the team had better play as hard and smart as they can.

I am Tyrod fan and an EJM fan. put them both on the field ala ravens.

If I might chime in

Was Shanahan a QB killer or RG a coach killer?

A couple of items to ponder -

Where is Shanahan this season and why is RGIII 3rd string?

Who tried to make RGIII a pocket passer when he is a running QB? IIRC (and I may be wrong here) that is what RGIII and his dad wanted for him. To not run so much and pass from the pocket.

Shanahan was not a good coach. Denver certainly determined that once the guy who made Shanahan a name, John Elway, retired. MS had no business taking a badly injured Griffin, playing on literally one leg, and feeding him to the dogs. He was getting blasted in that game all because Shannie badly needed a win, at all costs. And when Griffin finally went down it, it was basically gross negligence personified. RGIII is third string because the Redskins will undoubtedly attempt to trade him after this season or cut him. He's due a big bonus, which they are not about to pay but will be forced to pay it if he plays and gets injured. That's why he's not playing.