Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

I'm pretty sure there's only one EJ Manuel NFL highlight video that exists. I'm sure we've all seen it 100 times.

Now that I think of it, I am surprised the NFL hasn't taken it down after all this time. The guy has only played 14 games so a season long highlight video is about all there can be.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to trade Cassel for a bag of magic beans, though ...

We traded a 7th for him, cut him, signed him at a lower rate, and then traded him for a 5th rounder... Not sure how that's a bad thing....

It's much different than drafting EJ in the first round, then trading him 3 years later for a 5th round pick...

We traded a 7th for him, cut him, signed him at a lower rate, and then traded him for a 5th rounder... Not sure how that's a bad thing....

It's much different than drafting EJ in the first round, then trading him 3 years later for a 5th round pick...

No, we traded a fifth and a seventh for him, and got a sixth in return.

Two things...

That throw to Chandler down the sideline against Baltimore :w00t:

That throw to Stevie against Tampa :w00t:

Come on EJ!

The real shame is that there's no highlight of his throw to ScoChan against NE--that was the best touch pass I've seen in years.

I'm with others in this one: let 'er rip EJ...you've got nothing to lose kid.

Did anyone expect Tyrod to go the entire season without missing at least a game or 2?

EJM can make throws over the middle, and he has a different set of tools than Tyrod. I'm anxious to see how different the offense looks.

I will be really angry if the OC doesn't let EJM air it out a bit, or insists on focusing on the running game if it isn't effective (again).

Edited by HoF Watkins

The offensive line has to play its BEST GAME EVER if the Bills expect to win this game!! Cincy front four is comparable to the Bills.

Yeah, pass protection is my biggest concern, but they can take Cincy out of it if they get the running game going.

And of course the screens and quick slants to Sammy, if we even know how to do those... :D

Yeah, pass protection is my biggest concern, but they can take Cincy out of it if they get the running game going.

And of course the screens and quick slants to Sammy, if we even know how to do those... :D

I hope with some weapons back we can punish them for waiting on this exact game plan. Break some long ones. One thing about everyone in the box..... not much left behind the box. Add in a few accurate long balls and keep them honest.

I hope we see a lot of quick slants tomorrow and pass more than we run. I'd rather use McCoy more as a receiving threat than trying to run up the middle every first down. Manuel is great throwing down the middle and that's an advantage of a bigger guy. I really want to see a fired up Manuel 2.0.

It's not far fetched to see EJ connecting more with Watkins and Woods as his primary targets. Then the local media can spin a story about comparing the Whaley guys versus the Ryan guys —Manuel & Watkins or Taylor & Harvin; if you could only keep one pair, who would you choose?

I hope we see a lot of quick slants tomorrow and pass more than we run. I'd rather use McCoy more as a receiving threat than trying to run up the middle every first down. Manuel is great throwing down the middle and that's an advantage of a bigger guy. I really want to see a fired up Manuel 2.0.

It's not far fetched to see EJ connecting more with Watkins and Woods as his primary targets. Then the local media can spin a story about comparing the Whaley guys versus the Ryan guys Manuel & Watkins or Taylor & Harvin; if you could only keep one pair, who would you choose?

EJ has been pretty good on play action so I expect to see that. I don't think they will run McCoy up the middle. Boom Herron a power guy.

ESPN and nfl.com confirming that EJ will start

@AlbertBreer

Bills' plan all week has been to start EJ Manuel at QB. He got the great majority of first-team reps, expectation is Manuel will be the guy.

@BobHoltzmanESPN

Sources: EJ Manuel expected to start for @buffalobills tomorrow vs Bengals. Tyrod Taylor (knee) tried to convince coaches, but not ready.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It's not far fetched to see EJ connecting more with Watkins and Woods as his primary targets. Then the local media can spin a story about comparing the Whaley guys versus the Ryan guys —Manuel & Watkins or Taylor & Harvin; if you could only keep one pair, who would you choose?

With the Bengals' run defense being as poor as it is so far, why would you game plan to pass more than run?