Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pretend to know how good EJ may have become.

But it will be fun to root for him Sunday and find out.

I'm a fan of anyone who wears Red, White and Navy Blue.

I always knew you were a Pats fan.

Nice post, but you lost about 90% of this board when you used the word syllogism. Anyway, those who have written off EJ will stick to that position even if he leads this team to a Superbowl. Haters gotta hate. Haters gotta be right no matter what.

Yeah, because nobody on this board took 10th grade mathematics. :lol:

i did, but i don't know if i have ever heard that word....i had to google it, when I did, i completely understood what it meant. today is a good day, because i learnt sumfin and it's not even 10:30 AM

Yeah, because nobody on this board took 10th grade mathematics. :lol:

What happens if EJ Manuel comes in and plays great, and the passing games looks sharp? And he has like 300 yds passing? I really like TT and think he has that element of being able to make plays with his legs, I have thought that his passing in a few games hasn't been that sharp (however he has a good completion percentage) specially at the start of games.

What happens if EJ Manuel comes in and plays great, and the passing games looks sharp? And he has like 300 yds passing? I really like TT and think he has that element of being able to make plays with his legs, I have thought that his passing in a few games hasn't been that sharp (however he has a good completion percentage) specially at the start of games.

We could win. It'd be EJ's career day.

I don't pretend to know how good EJ may have become.

But it will be fun to root for him Sunday and find out.

I'm a fan of anyone who wears Red, White and Navy Blue.

For me, an extremely intriguing aspect to this latest turn of events in the EJ Manuel "saga" is that this is the first time we will all see a fully developed (i.e. 3 years) EJ Manuel in a real NFL game where he's playing with real professional coaching.
I’ve been a Manuel supporter since he was drafted and since Taylor is now very doubtful due to injury, I find myself wondering “what if…” because he showed explosive arm talent in those preseason games. A lot of drama has been added to this game for those who had supported Manuel during all of the haters' rants and raves over how horrible he is. Seems we will all get a good read on a final answer this Sunday.

Since many have asked this or something similar, what happens is we have a chance to win and EJ had a really good day. I've seen people toss out 300 yards passing, I've seen people toss out 4 TD's. Here are the stats from EJ's best statistical performance of his pro career:

20/28 for 245 yards, 71.4% Complete, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 76.2 QBR, 121.9 RAT.

He's never eclipsed 300 yards (was close vs Carolina with 296), and he's never thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game. I hope he has progressed as much as the next guy, but your what ifs are based on career highs across the board in his first regular season action of the year. Is it possible? Sure. But we really shouldn't expect it. Best of luck to all the Bills who play Sunday, because Cincy appears to a fairly complete team firing on all cylinders.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

For me, an extremely intriguing aspect to this latest turn of events in the EJ Manuel "saga" is that this is the first time we will all see a fully developed (i.e. 3 years) EJ Manuel in a real NFL game where he's playing with real professional coaching.

i think the term "fully developed" is overselling a bit

Ive been a Manuel supporter since he was drafted and since Taylor is now very doubtful due to injury, I find myself wondering what if because he showed explosive arm talent in those preseason games. A lot of drama has been added to this game for those who had supported Manuel during all of the haters' rants and raves over how horrible he is. Seems we will all get a good read on a final answer this Sunday.

If you really think about it, this is like EJ's first start. He's basically a rookie IMO.

If you really think about it, this is like EJ's first start. He's basically a rookie IMO.

I know that you thought very highly of Marrone, but the time is quickly approaching when EJ gets his second act under Rex and show that maybe Marrone was the one who was holding him back.

I know that you thought very highly of Marrone, but the time is quickly approaching when EJ gets his second act under Rex and show that maybe Marrone was the one who was holding him back.

Maybe. Then again, there's maybe a reason why EJ's second act didn't come week one. Edited by FireChan

Since many have asked this or something similar, what happens is we have a chance to win and EJ had a really good day. I've seen people toss out 300 yards passing, I've seen people toss out 4 TD's. Here are the stats from EJ's best statistical performance of his pro career:

20/28 for 245 yards, 71.4% Complete, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 76.2 QBR, 121.9 RAT.

He's never eclipsed 300 yards (was close vs Carolina with 296), and he's never thrown for more than 2 TDs in a game. I hope he has progressed as much as the next guy, but your what ifs are based on career highs across the board in his first regular season action of the year. Is it possible? Sure. But we really shouldn't expect it. Best of luck to all the Bills who play Sunday, because Cincy appears to a fairly complete team firing on all cylinders.

Check Jim Kelly's stats from his first 14 games. And every other QB who resides on your personal Top 10 Ever list.

You'll see that most, if not all, of them had worse stats in their first 14 games than EJ has.

Before some moron (not you, Hokie) says, "uh hut ... this guy is comparing EJ to Kelly!!!" Save it. Try to be smarter than that.

Check Jim Kelly's stats from his first 14 games. And every other QB who resides on your personal Top 10 Ever list.

You'll see that most, if not all, of them had worse stats in their first 14 games than EJ has.

Before some moron (not you, Hokie) says, "uh hut ... this guy is comparing EJ to Kelly!!!" Save it. Try to be smarter than that.

So you're saying EJ's not gonna have a really good day because it's his 15th start?