Source: EJ Manuel to start Sunday for Tyrod Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Tyrod was running with the ones for awhile today but Sammy seems to think EJ will start and do well:

"I'm pretty sure he's been watching Tyrod every play and what he's been doing well and not doing well and learn from it. I think this game he's going to come in and light it up because he had that time to sit and watch Tyrod make plays. Now, he can say 'Tyrod can make plays, I can make the same.' I think he's going to have a monster game. He's going to go out there and throw a lot of passes, make the right corrections at the line. He's going to do well."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/14/watkins-sees-ej-manuel-having-a-monster-game-vs-bengals/

Edited by hondo in seattle

Here is one for the stat fans!

The last time Andy Dalton, and the Bengals faced a Rex Ryan defense in the Jets two years ago. The final score was 49 to 9, and Dalton threw 5 TD's that game.

It might not matter who is starting at QB for Buffalo.

Dingdingding!!!!

Tyrod starts, but doesn't use his legs. we lose.. Tyrod starts, becomes the rushing offense, and we probably STILL lose... In this scenario, I start EJ, and allow Tyrod's knee time to heal.... Who knows? -Maybe EJ channels some old FSU swagger, and pulls it out... Bottom line: EJ is expendable, and I'd rather have a healthy Tyrod for the rest of the season...

Edited by #34fan

"Insider Buzz: Bills GM Could Be on Hot Seat If EJ Manuel Struggles in Week 6"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579047-insider-buzz-bills-gm-could-be-under-fire-if-ej-manuel-struggles-in-week-6

that is absurd: whaley has, for the most part, crushed the draft and FA, but thanks, B/R!

It's Bleacher Report, the toilet stall wall of sports websites. You or I could submit an article naming ourselves as the dark horse candidates to replace Rogue Dogue.

I apologize if this is redundant to another post as I haven't read through them all....start EJ. I find it hard to believe that a less mobile TT is better than the alternative. Hey EJ did win some games. I think having a QB that might be able to run a more robust number of plays (roll out or heaven forbid a QB draw) would be better. Not to mention the mental hesitation a guy has to have playing banged up. EJ is going to have to put it all out there and play with such tenacity that I think would prefer that despite talent edge to TT.

Either way the D has to show up like they did last week. Like some posts it may not matter what's on offense this week if the D gives up long drives again resulting in TD's.

Go Buffalo!

Now I think we've officially entered the game playing phase. Now Cincy has no idea who to truly prep for.

Im honestly tired of this game. Why not focus on the game Sunday. The only grievance I have against Rex is this mind crap... DOESNT WORK. Good teams gameplan to beat whoever is lining up. The Bengals will be ready to play. They know Taylor is hurt and they know EJ may play. This is not a big enough advantage. And if he is stunborn enough to play a guy with an MCL strain well... that says alot about him as well.

I'd say it depends. If HE is the one winning the game then there would be a good case to be made to stick with him. If the team is winning the games and EJ is just there then you would probably go back to your starter.

Double edge sword for me. If we see a Sammy sighting. If we see a re emergence of Woods. If the balls is flying. I think we keep him in the plans if Tyrod goes down again. I want EJ to be our guy but I feel that we should just either let Tyrod prove that he can be a QB this year. I think his job is safe this year no matter how well EJ could do. Rex, to me is just that stubborn.

Woods says:

A lot of guys are open. Were just trying to be an open target for Tyrod theres a lot going on in the pocket. Defenses are throwing a lot of stuff at him. But just trying to be open. When the balls in the air, were trying to get it. But other than that, were just trying to be an open target for him.

Woods is pretty clearly saying that Tyrod doesn't always find the open guy.

I know EJ was not a master at finding the open receiver in previous years but seemed pretty adept at it this preseason. Could EJ possibly be an upgrade in this regard???

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/13/receiver-woods-more-than-happy-to-throw-a-block-when-necessary/

~ Half a foot taller makes a difference. I think all things considered. EJ SHOULD be the better qb. The only clear advantage for taylor is his 4.4 speed. EJ has the stronger arm, taller, and bigger. If he learned to trust what he sees and became a clear cut leader of men... Sky would be the limit. Neither of them are consistently accurate but they both have displayed pinpoint accuracy at times. I just dont see where Taylor is a world better like a lot here do. I think its more they like the nee shiny toy. Happened with Flutie JP Trent Fitz and if EJ flames out and we acquire another "guy" Taylor's going to eventually be added to that list.

Im honestly tired of this game. Why not focus on the game Sunday. The only grievance I have against Rex is this mind crap... DOESNT WORK. Good teams gameplan to beat whoever is lining up.

If a few sentences out of Rex's mouth can make the opposing team spend even half a day preparing for a guy who won't play then why not do it? It might not be a huge advantage but a coach will take any and all advantages he can get, no matter how insignificant.

Hey if EJ starts and plays lights out, it would be hard to take him out. I said in preseason, it sucks that we don't have a "franchise" QB, but on the flip side it's nice that if one of our QBs gets hurt, the backup can come in and do just as good or better....

Don't think you have to worry about that. Cincy is good, EJ not so much.

It's Bleacher Report, the toilet stall wall of sports websites. You or I could submit an article naming ourselves as the dark horse candidates to replace Rogue Dogue.

... But it's actually jason cole who is the reporter here, and he is pretty good. The catch is that he doesn't actually say anything all that egative or make any real predictions. He poses what ifs.

Im honestly tired of this game. Why not focus on the game Sunday. The only grievance I have against Rex is this mind crap... DOESNT WORK. Good teams gameplan to beat whoever is lining up. The Bengals will be ready to play. They know Taylor is hurt and they know EJ may play. This is not a big enough advantage. And if he is stunborn enough to play a guy with an MCL strain well... that says alot about him as well.

Double edge sword for me. If we see a Sammy sighting. If we see a re emergence of Woods. If the balls is flying. I think we keep him in the plans if Tyrod goes down again. I want EJ to be our guy but I feel that we should just either let Tyrod prove that he can be a QB this year. I think his job is safe this year no matter how well EJ could do. Rex, to me is just that stubborn.

every coach does that. It's no skin off his nose to make them prepare for both. Any potential edge that could be gained is worth him taking one minute to say he's not ruled out yet - which is likely the truth anyway.

every coach does that. It's no skin off his nose to make them prepare for both. Any potential edge that could be gained is worth him taking one minute to say he's not ruled out yet - which is likely the truth anyway.

Yeah. The fact that Tyrod is practicing, even if limited, on the first day, is a good sign.

I keep seeing people freak out over people being out Wednesday when you see Harvin taking every Wednesday off.

Yeah. The fact that Tyrod is practicing, even if limited, on the first day, is a good sign.

I keep seeing people freak out over people being out Wednesday when you see Harvin taking every Wednesday off.

Yep, and Tyrod has prepared against a Bengals D, which hasn't had much turnover in scheme or personnel, twice a year for his entire career. Regardless of who's behind center you've gotta assume he has some pointers.

start EJ. I find it hard to believe that a less mobile TT is better than the alternative.

i suppose its all a matter of how much less mobile he is, which none of us know. hes been "less mobile" with his ankle injury, and i dont think anyone would accuse him of being unable to move around.

Well sorry, not to dog pile bit it's a weak argument. The syllogism seems to be:

A) with EJ we can only beat terrible teams

B) Cincy is not a terrible team, therefore

C) We will not beat Cincy with EJ at QB.

And that conclusion might be right, if for the wrong reasons. What other people are bring up are things like:

1) Sometimes good teams have bad days and get upset, especially on the road.

2) No one has seen EJ as a full starter in this offensive system, that is very different from what he played in last year and therefore it is difficult to determine how good he might be.

3) Cincy has been playing a lot of struggling opponents, and while good might be as good as the media makes them out to be.

The next step is to debate these points and refine the argument.

This lesson in logic is brought to you by WWiP.

Nice post, but you lost about 90% of this board when you used the word syllogism. Anyway, those who have written off EJ will stick to that position even if he leads this team to a Superbowl. Haters gotta hate. Haters gotta be right no matter what.

Edited by BuffaloBob