We are not contenders

Don't look now but the Saints may be in line for pick # 1 in the upcoming draft. They can go from Brees to a new franchise QB just like that dolt Irsay.

And who is this new franchise QB the Saints could get with the first pick next year?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure where your going with that

This D right now and next year is in its prime......we start waiting around on a rookie QB and they might be fading by the time that rook QB is ready to play and contibute (lets keep in mind here that MOST rookie QBs take a while)

Your giving up on Tyrod Taylor too soon....the kid is a baller...and EJ is improving with each passing year it seems.

What we DONT have right now is a offensive line that can get 5 yards when we need a first down and move the chains which is SORELY needed

Thank you. Our QB's are here and we need to develop the Oline. Tyrod and EJ are both are fine. Why people want to blow up the team at 3-2 year one of a new coaching staff is beyond me. We are not the best team in the league guess what that takes time and development. I appreciate your voice of reason!

Thank you. Our QB's are here and we need to develop the Oline. Tyrod and EJ are both are fine. Why people want to blow up the team at 3-2 year one of a new coaching staff is beyond me. We are not the best team in the league guess what that takes time and development. I appreciate your voice of reason!

I really think people have lost patience...everyone has got keep in mind there are new players, new coaches, new systems, young QBs...and this is THE FIRST YEAR! If they even make the playoffs it's more than what could reasonably be expected.

I think this is a team that after 5 games is still seeking to nail down its identity. There have been flashes of brilliance and flashes of idiocy. The injuries they are dealing with now show that with certain players in the lineup they can be a dangerous team and when they're out, they struggle. That's fairly common in the league. People mention next man up all the time but rarely is it such a smooth and easy transition. I think this team is in good shape and will continue to grow and develop.

I am as frustrated with certain things just like everyone else is and we all are educated enough on the game to know what they are. Just think about this for a minute and have an open mind. It is a new staff across the board with all new schemes/systems. Couple that with a QB that has only played 5 NFL games and plays tough as hell. Yes, he stunk the first half against the Titans- growing pains. Also, we have a load of injuries on the offensive side and when its all said and done we are 3-2. The team has never quit and almost came back against NE with a load of penalties. If we get healthy, continue to grow, and limit the penalties the second half may just be pretty damn good. Now I am not going to go against what I have said in the past- I don't like the Rex hire but it is what we have and as fans we have to get behind it. That's what makes us Bills fans! Enjoy the win-it was ugly but good teams find ways to win bad teams find ways to lose. We found a way to win- the Bills of the late 80's started to do this and the rest was history and I watched it firsthand.

you are what your record says you are.

playoff seedings say bills are 6th seed.

that means we are contenders.

I like your thought process

Despite growing pains and question marks on offense, when you look at the quality of the defense and the strength of schedule I think it's hard to say we're not contenders for a playoff spot.

Granted, we don't look like SB contenders right NOW, but if we make the playoffs this offense will have played a full season together by then. And one thing that's great to have with an elite defense is a QB who shows up big in the 4th quarter, and so far TT looks to be that guy.

Edited by Rob's House

Despite growing pains and question marks on offense, when you look at the quality of the defense and the strength of schedule I think it's hard to say we're not contenders for a playoff spot.

Granted, we don't look like SB contenders right NOW, but if we make the playoffs this offense will have played a full season together by then. And one thing that's great to have with an elite defense is a QB who shows up big in the 4th quarter, and so far TT looks to be that guy.

maybe even just as important is looking at the rest of the AFC. Outside of NE, Cincy, Denver -- kind of a mess.

The games we have against the Jets may end up being our most critical.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I know it has been a long time since we've seen what constitutes as a "playoff team" but let me clue you in on something: Not every team in the playoffs is perfect. Actually, most of them, especially the wild cards, are flawed in some ways.

But that doesnt mean a 9-7 team like the Giants cant go on to beat the undefeated Pats in the Super Bowl!

Go Bills!

This is one of the worst threads I've seen in a while. Tyrod obviously isn't Manning, Rodgers, or Brady when it comes to passing, but he holds his own and was basically the reason the team won. The guy carried the team on his legs when his receivers weren't getting open and his most reliable rushing option was a guy signed this week. I'm sorry, but you're nuts. Plain and simple.

I really think people have lost patience...everyone has got keep in mind there are new players, new coaches, new systems, young QBs...and this is THE FIRST YEAR! If they even make the playoffs it's more than what could reasonably be expected.

While the D hasn't looked as good as advertised, I agree with NG. We're 3-2 and it's just too early to judge. It's certainly too early to give up. If the playoffs started this upcoming weekend, we'd be in as a wildcard. The sky isn't falling.

No NFL team is truly horrible. So it's really a binary thing. We won. We get to celebrate. Titan fans get to mourn. Life in the Bills Mafia is good today.

The offseason was great and we got pumped by all the moves but this team is the same as it always has been; average.

We either have a great defense or a great offense and until we get them both we are going nowhere as todays victory proved that we could barely beat a marginal team.

until we get a QB that can pass better than he can run and greatly improve the offensive line we are going nowhere.

This team is clearly better than it was last year. We have three key cogs to our offense sitting on the sidelines and we are still 3-2. I still say this team makes the playoffs. Will we destroy every opponent? No. Will we win every game? No. We will win enough to make the playoffs though and that's good enough for me. Your opinion is your opinion, but I have mine as well and I completely disagree.

The offseason was great and we got pumped by all the moves but this team is the same as it always has been; average.

We either have a great defense or a great offense and until we get them both we are going nowhere as todays victory proved that we could barely beat a marginal team.

until we get a QB that can pass better than he can run and greatly improve the offensive line we are going nowhere.

Packer squeaked by the niners last week, Denver hardly got by the raiders. Washington almost beat Atlanta. These games happen every week.

I agree with the overall topic, but not about Tyrod. He has shown me that he is more than capable of leading this team both passing and running. I firmly believe that we have an offensive scheme problem where we only send out 2 WR's, telegraph run or pass, and just don't set our guys up to win.

I've yet to see a throw that TT can't make

TT is a running QB and that is all he will ever be.

We don't know that yet. He is looking more like Russell Wilson then he is Colin Kaepernick / RG3 right now. The kid found a way to win this week!!

Any rookie QB drafted in the first round would need to also go through growing pains, and that first rounder might be better spent on a OT.

Can't we just part with the thought that after your eternal desire for Talleywhacker, and Ryan Mallett that you don't know as much about the QB position then you think you do! :nana:

Can't we just part with the thought that after your eternal desire for Talleywhacker, and Ryan Mallett that you don't know as much about the QB position then you think you do! :nana:

To be fair, BB has had a much more varied list of desired QBs over the years.

Colin Kaepernick

John Skelton

Tyler Wilson

Tyler Bray

Blake Bortles

Johnny Football