We are not contenders

I actually think the Bills will beat Cincy and beat them in convincing fashion creating a lot of playoff and super bowl buzz only to be brought back down to earth with a loss to Jax in London the following week

:lol:

just like beating the Packers last year and then losing to the Raiders the next wk ( :wallbash: still bugs me)

Thats perfect....our O line needs serious work but lets trade up for a QB this year.....with the picks we need for the Offensive line

QB is more important than line. Would you rather have a young Roethlisberger or a great lineman?

I willing to let the rookie sit next yr while Taylor gets abused and we can still draft for Oline this and the next yr

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

just like beating the Packers last year and then losing to the Raiders the next wk ( :wallbash: still bugs me)

QB is more important than line.

I willing to let the rookie sit next yr while Taylor gets abused and we can still draft for Oline this and the next yr

Lets make sure to waste this Defense while your at it

bad plan

Take a look at the standings. The AFC South is a disaster. So is the North and the West ain't much better. There's a lead dog in each of those divisions and not much else. There will be contenders for the wild card, no question about it, but the pack in the middle isn't as convincing as recent years.

A win is a win. As Aaron Rodgers says, R-E-L-A-X.

We don't have Aaron Rodgers (of course if we didn't trade for JP we could have but that is water under the bridge)

Lets make sure to waste this Defense while your at it

bad plan

the one that played better under Pettine and Schwartz?

You sound VERY gleeful about it. What's the point of this thread. I think everyone realizes the Bills might not be as good as we had hoped. But it's a long season and they have a friendly enough schedule. If they make the playoffs it's likely to be as the 6 seed.

Corrected. But he right about WE since that includes him. What should we do trade Williams to whoever has rights to Skeleton? That Barbarian does not think we have a chances gives me confidence since we have seen how wrong he has been in past and anyone objective will think he will continue being wrong in future.

I hope Goff stays number 1 QB and we can trade up for Connor Cook, who finally is getting rythem with WRs, reminds me a lot of Rivers with Roethlisbergers play extending ability.

I'm a huge Roman fan, the QB and line not so much (except for Richie)

Buffalo Barbarian. Its not the QB's fault the team isn't playing up to its ability just yet.

A bunch of injuries to its star players, and in the first year of the Rex Ryan experiment. I don't think anyone is elated about the season so far, and most are just happy the team is 3-2, and still in position to do something this year.

This is a new coaching staff, and many things will still need to be worked out before having a panic attack. I'm fairly certain that the GM, and coaching staff are focusing a keen eye on the offensive line and will resolve to obtain what they need to make that power run game work.

The starting QB just played in his fifth NFL game and is still a work in progress, as are the the players to the schemes. All three phases of this years team can get better, and I think they will. Just be happy the team is only one game out of first place!

The Bills could be the 1-4 Ravens, the 1-3 Dolphins, the 1-4 Texans, the 1-4 Jags, the 1-4 Chiefs, the 0-5 Lions, the 1-4 Saints, the 1-4 49ers.

Don't worry, be happy for at least another six days :D

Buffalo Barbarian. Its not the QB's fault the team isn't playing up to its ability just yet.

A bunch of injuries to its star players, and in the first year of the Rex Ryan experiment. I don't think anyone is elated about the season so far, and most are just happy the team is 3-2, and still in position to do something this year.

This is a new coaching staff, and many things will still need to be worked out before having a panic attack. I'm fairly certain that the GM, and coaching staff are focusing a keen eye on the offensive line and will resolve to obtain what they need to make that power run game work.

The starting QB just played in his fifth NFL game and is still a work in progress, as are the the players to the schemes. All three phases of this years team can get better, and I think they will. Just be happy the team is only one game out of first place!

TT is a running QB and that is all he will ever be.

Corrected. But he right about WE since that includes him. What should we do trade Williams to whoever has rights to Skeleton? That Barbarian does not think we have a chances gives me confidence since we have seen how wrong he has been in past and anyone objective will think he will continue being wrong in future.

Yawn

We don't have Aaron Rodgers (of course if we didn't trade for JP we could have but that is water under the bridge)

the one that played better under Pettine and Schwartz?

Im not sure where your going with that

This D right now and next year is in its prime......we start waiting around on a rookie QB and they might be fading by the time that rook QB is ready to play and contibute (lets keep in mind here that MOST rookie QBs take a while)

Your giving up on Tyrod Taylor too soon....the kid is a baller...and EJ is improving with each passing year it seems.

What we DONT have right now is a offensive line that can get 5 yards when we need a first down and move the chains which is SORELY needed

The offseason was great and we got pumped by all the moves but this team is the same as it always has been; average.

We either have a great defense or a great offense and until we get them both we are going nowhere as todays victory proved that we could barely beat a marginal team.

until we get a QB that can pass better than he can run and greatly improve the offensive line we are going nowhere.

Key word is beat. The 90's Bills won many a close, ugly game. And so do most winning teams. The other team gets paid too. 5 games in dude. Calm down. We have seen some warts. We have also seen a lot of good, including from Taylor. The biggest issue is consistency throughout all of the units. And offensively, until we get everybody healthy and playing together for a stretch, we might continue to see ups and downs. Offensively, their best football is potentially ahead of them going into the stretch run.

Edited by purple haze

TT is a running QB and that is all he will ever be.

Yawn

You got the powerball numbers too? I think you're off base here. Not saying he will ever be a Rogers or Brady, but he's shown well from the pocket. He's shown well under pressure. He's bought times with his legs and made plays down field. We've seen him do this. He hasn't done it consistently, but his completion percentage is still very good for someone with inconsistencies. And as bad as he looked against N.E. and the Giants or today for long stretches, he also made enough plays to have the Bills in the game (Giants - penalties killed two TD's), with a chance to tie the game at the end (Patriots), or win outright (Titans).

Let it play out. We shall see what he is or isn't. That happens over time, not in five games, whether it's for the perception that he is the guy or he isn't.

Edited by purple haze

You got the powerball numbers too? I think you're off base here. Not saying he will ever be a Rogers or Brady, but he's shown well from the pocket. He's shown well under pressure. He's bought times with his legs and made plays down field. We've seen him do this. He hasn't done it consistently, but his completion percentage is still very good for someone with inconsistencies. And as bad as he looked against N.E. and the Giants or today for long stretches, he also made enough plays to have the Bills in the game (Giants - penalties killed two TD's), with a chance to tie the game at the end (Patriots), or win outright (Titans).

Let it play out. We shall see what he is or isn't. That happens over time, not in five games, whether it's for the perception that he is the guy or he isn't.

12-27-29-43-68

Key word is beat. The 90's Bills won many a close, ugly game. And so do most winning teams. The other team gets paid too. 5 games in dude. Calm down. We have seen some warts. We have also seen a lot of good, including from Taylor. The biggest issue is consistency throughout all of the units. And offensively, until we get everybody healthy and playing together for a stretch, we might continue to see ups and downs. Offensively, their best football is potentially ahead of them going into the stretch run.

I'm calm my post was not made in haste or anger or glee.

Im not sure where your going with that

This D right now and next year is in its prime......we start waiting around on a rookie QB and they might be fading by the time that rook QB is ready to play and contibute (lets keep in mind here that MOST rookie QBs take a while)

that we are wasting it this year.

Dareus and the core are locked up for yrs and we can draft more, the D will be fine.

Most of us got a bit too enthusiastic after the Colts game, a little too down after the Pats game and then road that same roller coaster through the Fins and Giants games. After this week, most of us are thinking we have an average team on our hands. But, as down on the Titans as most have been, they're not a terrible team and that win, as close as it was, is still a win that can set this squad up with the confidence to step their play up a notch. The game plan in the first half for the offense was terrible, so don't put that on the players, but once adjustments were made, that was a really good game to watch in the second half. I'm not handing out the Kool-Aid, but I still tune in on Sundays to support the team I have always put my hopes in.

Most of us got a bit too enthusiastic after the Colts game, a little too down after the Pats game and then road that same roller coaster through the Fins and Giants games. After this week, most of us are thinking we have an average team on our hands. But, as down on the Titans as most have been, they're not a terrible team and that win, as close as it was, is still a win that can set this squad up with the confidence to step their play up a notch. The game plan in the first half for the offense was terrible, so don't put that on the players, but once adjustments were made, that was a really good game to watch in the second half. I'm not handing out the Kool-Aid, but I still tune in on Sundays to support the team I have always put my hopes in.

I do the same haven't missed a week since I started watching back in 79 (expect for when I was in the Navy) my wife thinks i'm crazy

So it must be true lol

Hey....we all have our misses

indeed, I've said numerous times I missed that one but no one remembers the hits

BB - I was frustrated as well, but have to remember how good is any team that loses it's top 2 RB, and top WR. The defense caused all of those punts, becuase it was effective. Could they have been better, yes, but they were on the field for 90% of the first half.

Henderson has to improve, and thankfully we went from atrocious to just not good in terms of penalties.

If we get our guys back and still look like yesterday, then BB, I'll sign up for what your selling. Until then, I'm going to be patient.

BB - I was frustrated as well, but have to remember how good is any team that loses it's top 2 RB, and top WR. The defense caused all of those punts, becuase it was effective. Could they have been better, yes, but they were on the field for 90% of the first half.

Henderson has to improve, and thankfully we went from atrocious to just not good in terms of penalties.

If we get our guys back and still look like yesterday, then BB, I'll sign up for what your selling. Until then, I'm going to be patient.

I'm patient but not hopeful.

I think getting those players back will help but TT needs to become a much better passer which I don't see happening