We are not contenders

Look up the 1990 season, the best Bills team ever. Got blown out at Miami week two. Were pushed around all over the field weeks 4 and 5 against Denver and Oakland but somehow won those games. But then started thinking they were as good as their record and started playing up to their record. Wining games you may have deserved to lose are the best wins you can have.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look up the 1990 season, the best Bills team ever. Got blown out at Miami week two. Were pushed around all over the field weeks 4 and 5 against Denver and Oakland but somehow won those games. But then started thinking they were as good as their record and started playing up to their record. Wining games you may have deserved to lose are the best wins you can have.

The Bills could be 5-0! Almost stole the Patriots game and if Bradham makes the tackle against Jennings last week, who knows? Bottom line, they're 3-2 in a conference that has plenty of traditional playoff teams that have worse records than the Bills. They're in the middle of it all with a team that is hopefully getting healthy.

Edited by KellyToTasker

I think if someone told me the bills would be 3-2 after 5 games and were without Watkins and McCoy for pretty much 3 games, I would sign up for that

Exactly. The team we saw yesterday had three major offensive playmakers hurt and right now we are one of six AFC teams with winning records. And we lost to a team projected to go 16 and 0 and to a very good giants team. We would need a ton of help to beat NE for the division title. But I think we are in big contention for the wild card.

I actually think the Bills will beat Cincy and beat them in convincing fashion creating a lot of playoff and super bowl buzz only to be brought back down to earth with a loss to Jax in London the following week

Whatever you're smoking, I'd like to get some of it! LOL

Whatever you're smoking, I'd like to get some of it! LOL

Guess you should just let Rex and the fellas know that there's no need to show up then. Just call the game off, THE CINCINNATI BENGALS are now unstoppable and Andy Dalton = Brady . Sorry, not buying it.

Any given Sunday people. And our team has YET to find it's true self...yesterday was a step in that direction.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

AFC teams with 3 AFC wins:

NE

Bengals

Broncos

Colts

Jets

Bills

Why aren't we contenders? We didn't even have 3 of our best offensive starters.

Because our eyes, our eyes man! ;)

Seriously though, beating Cincy would be awesome, but I am not holding my breath!

Tim-

Don't be fooled. Titans were injury free, came off a bye week, at home with a good game plan (had 2wks) versus a Buffalo team missing its 2 best offensive players and using a 3rd string and street RB. Not to mention our starting QBs 2nd ever road start.

In the prediction thread, I knew it was going to be close.

Don't be fooled. Titans were injury free, came off a bye week, at home with a good game plan (had 2wks) versus a Buffalo team missing its 2 best offensive players and using a 3rd string and street RB. Not to mention our starting QBs 2nd ever road start.

also - some credit for their defense which is very underrated especially the front 4. I don't know why people try to diminish wins because they think the other team isn't as good. The Titans are a decent team. They have a very good D, good QB and good playmakers. Anyone else watch the Broncos struggle against the Raiders all day and needed a pick 6 to win? It's the NFL, all wins count the same especially road wins in the AFC!! Edited by YoloinOhio

There's no room for logic on these witless threads, but thanks for trying. :thumbsup:

Don't look now but the Saints may be in line for pick # 1 in the upcoming draft. They can go from Brees to a new franchise QB just like that dolt Irsay.

I heard talk on the radio yesterday AM (Fox Sports Network Winchester VA radio station) that Sean Payton may be out in NO next season and may end up in Miami.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You sound almost gleeful about it. What's the point of this thread. I think everyone realizes the Bills might not be as good as we had hoped. But it's a long season and they have a friendly enough schedule. If they make the playoffs it's likely to be as the 6 seed.

It's so bizarre. People seriously get off trying to be the 'first one' to call what is going to happen, especially negative predictions. Newsflash to these people: NO ONE CARES WHETHER YOU ARE RIGHT OR WRONG. Just shut up and enjoy each game as it comes.

AFC teams with 3 AFC wins:

NE

Bengals

Broncos

Colts

Jets

Bills

Why aren't we contenders? We didn't even have 3 of our best offensive starters.

Because there are 10 more games to go. Lessons learned year after year. You can't pass judgement in early October.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

:lol::lol: :lol: are you Serious !? the chances of the QB running for a first down on 3rd and a mile are just about Zero, or that the Titans punting a million times or how we couldn't move the ball at all except for a few moments

Good player make a good play....and it's lucky.....?

Im not sure where your going with that

This D right now and next year is in its prime......we start waiting around on a rookie QB and they might be fading by the time that rook QB is ready to play and contibute (lets keep in mind here that MOST rookie QBs take a while)

Your giving up on Tyrod Taylor too soon....the kid is a baller...and EJ is improving with each passing year it seems.

What we DONT have right now is a offensive line that can get 5 yards when we need a first down and move the chains which is SORELY needed

Rookie OL tend to have a learning curve similar to that of QBs. Sure, the occasional guy is good right out the gate, but usually they take a year or two to really get acclimated.

Because there are 10 more games to go. Lessons learned year after year. You can't pass judgement in early October.

isnt that what this thread is about? The title says "we are not contenders" In October. Is that not passing judgment in October? Aren't they contenders until they aren't contenders? Edited by YoloinOhio

:lol::lol: :lol: are you Serious !? the chances of the QB running for a first down on 3rd and a mile are just about Zero, or that the Titans punting a million times or how we couldn't move the ball at all except for a few moments

I guess Cincy was lucky and the Giants were lucky, the Browns were lucky...the only team that won was not lucky was the Pats and that's because they cheat!

I actually think the Bills will beat Cincy and beat them in convincing fashion creating a lot of playoff and super bowl buzz only to be brought back down to earth with a loss to Jax in London the following week

The only super bowl buzz will be by a fan forum. Anyway you cut it this is not a superbowl team. IMO the coaching is the reason. But also it's hard to ground and pound behind a crap o- line. henderson flat out sucks.

The offseason was great and we got pumped by all the moves but this team is the same as it always has been; average.

We either have a great defense or a great offense and until we get them both we are going nowhere as todays victory proved that we could barely beat a marginal team.

until we get a QB that can pass better than he can run and greatly improve the offensive line we are going nowhere.

I gotta respectfully disagree.

The defense is elite. We have a QB who has taken care of the ball and has a penchant for big plays. We have a great running game, when healthy.

To me, this team is still a 11, 12-win team.