We are not contenders

The offseason was great and we got pumped by all the moves but this team is the same as it always has been; average.

We either have a great defense or a great offense and until we get them both we are going nowhere as todays victory proved that we could barely beat a marginal team.

until we get a QB that can pass better than he can run and greatly improve the offensive line we are going nowhere.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound almost gleeful about it. What's the point of this thread. I think everyone realizes the Bills might not be as good as we had hoped. But it's a long season and they have a friendly enough schedule. If they make the playoffs it's likely to be as the 6 seed.

The offseason was great and we got pumped by all the moves but this team is the same as it always has been; average.

We either have a great defense or a great offense and until we get them both we are going nowhere as todays victory proved that we could barely beat a marginal team.

until we get a QB that can pass better than he can run and greatly improve the offensive line we are going nowhere.

When did we have a great offense? What team is great on offense without their top two RB and top WR? Did you truly believe we should have easily been 4-1 or 5-0 after these first five games?

You sound almost gleeful about it. What's the point of this thread. I think everyone realizes the Bills might not be as good as we had hoped. But it's a long season and they have a friendly enough schedule. If they make the playoffs it's likely to be as the 6 seed.

really gleeful? what in there sound like glee

the point is there is no reason to be excited about this team and until we lose enough to get the right QB, it will be same old Bills.

Believe me I'm not happy about this and was drinking the Rex-aid and would love to win this year but it's not going to happen. I'm actually getting tired of Rex's bravado when he is just blowing hot air to make us or the players feel good. Heck the players bought into the Hype so much that thought they were better than NE and in the games we won they took the foot off the throat because "well we got this" Or when Rex said if we would have beat NE 50 - 0 if it was for fan support, I just rolled my eyes, I wish he would stop the nonsense but that's just Rex and we will probably end up like his old Jets team (unless we get that QB)

When did we have a great offense? What team is great on offense without their top two RB and top WR? Did you truly believe we should have easily been 4-1 or 5-0 after these first five games?

It was better under Chan but the Defense was horrible (maybe I should have said at the time the offense or defense was much better than the other)

I think if someone told me the bills would be 3-2 after 5 games and were without Watkins and McCoy for pretty much 3 games, I would sign up for that

yeah but our loses and todays lucky win show we aren't there and neither is TT, he is getting worse each week in passing.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

AMEN! Anyone objective can only come to this conclusion.. We will not beat Cincy!

Tim-

I actually think the Bills will beat Cincy and beat them in convincing fashion creating a lot of playoff and super bowl buzz only to be brought back down to earth with a loss to Jax in London the following week

really gleeful? what in there sound like glee

the point is there is no reason to be excited about this team and until we lose enough to get the right QB, it will be same old Bills.

Believe me I'm not happy about this and was drinking the Rex-aid and would love to win this year but it's not going to happen. I'm actually getting tired of Rex's bravado when he is just blowing hot air to make us or the players feel good. Heck the players bought into the Hype so much that thought they were better than NE and in the games we won they took the foot off the throat because "well we got this" Or when Rex said if we would have beat NE 50 - 0 if it was for fan support, I just rolled my eyes, I wish he would stop the nonsense but that's just Rex and we will probably end up like his old Jets team (unless we get that QB)

It was better under Chan but the Defense was horrible (maybe I should have said at the time the offense or defense was much better than the other)

yeah but our loses and todays lucky win show we aren't there and neither is TT, he is getting worse each week in passing.

How was today's win "lucky"

Take a look at the standings. The AFC South is a disaster. So is the North and the West ain't much better. There's a lead dog in each of those divisions and not much else. There will be contenders for the wild card, no question about it, but the pack in the middle isn't as convincing as recent years.

A win is a win. As Aaron Rodgers says, R-E-L-A-X.

Other than today, the offense has been better than I anticipated. I think Roman is a quality OC and Taylor has been better than I thought he would be. The defense and the defensive game plans have been a bit disappointing to me. NE and the Giants out coached us. The penalties suck.

The Chiefs might have something to say about that.

I hope Goff stays number 1 QB and we can trade up for Connor Cook, who finally is getting rythem with WRs, reminds me a lot of Rivers with Roethlisbergers play extending ability.

Other than today, the offense has been better than I anticipated. I think Roman is a quality OC and Taylor has been better than I thought he would be. The defense and the defensive game plans have been a bit disappointing to me. NE and the Giants out coached us. The penalties suck.

I'm a huge Roman fan, the QB and line not so much (except for Richie)

I hope Goff stays number 1 QB and we can trade up for Connor Cook, who finally is getting rythem with WRs, reminds me a lot of Rivers with Roethlisbergers play extending ability.

I'm a huge Roman fan, the QB and line not so much (except for Richie)

Thats perfect....our O line needs serious work but lets trade up for a QB this year.....with the picks we need for the Offensive line