Week 6: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sammy Watkins returns and then I see him get up after a play in this game and act hurt, I am not going to be happy. The guy might be a little bit of a wuss from what I have seen so far. It's either that or his body is as frail as an old woman with osteoperosis.

He was nursing injuries and limping off the field every other game last year. Now this year, every week it's been one thing or another. The most important ability is availability and Sammy has been far from ideal in that category.

From what I have seen in his year and a quarter in the league, I'm not sure his body can hold up. Once he returns from this injury, I am going to be keeping a close eye on him. If he gets injured again in a short period of time, then I would say his career is seriously in jeopardy.

I hope he comes back and is a tough guy and proves to be a durable player. However, from what I've seen thus far, I would be quite surprised if that happened.

You mean like how he played through every game last year with injured ribs and was one of the best offensive rookies in the league? Yeah, I'm sick of that.

You mean like how he played through every game last year with injured ribs and was one of the best offensive rookies in the league? Yeah, I'm sick of that.

Hahaha. Everybody plays through stuff. Most guys don't talk about it after every game or stand up after every third play holding what is sore and making sure the world knows they are not 100%. So far he's been doing it again this year. I see a pattern. I hope it's just an unlucky stretch in his first 20 games. We'll see.

But yeah, I am sick of that.

Give me at least two of the following for Sunday: Sammy, Shady, Special K.

I'm not sure what I can do to help the team win, but I'm ready and willing if my number is called. j/k

BTW, when was it decided that we would give Karlos my name?? C'mon Man!!

man those reviews from seahawks game, WRs were getting wide open, some serious blown coverages. Surprised Legion of Boom looked so bad. Our secondary will play better than that. For one reason I like our man scheme vs bengals instead of seahawks zone Edited by JTSP

Well, this wasn't my take on the Bengals. Interesting note from one of our own:

Dean Kindig â@TCBILLS_Astro

#Bills next week is a pick-'em. Bengals beat Raiders (2-3), Chargers (2-2), Ravens (1-4), Chiefs (1-4), and Seahawks (2-3). Combined, 8-16.

Bills have beat Colts (3-2), Dolphins (1-3), Titans (1-3). Combined, 5-8. We haven't beat any good teams either.

The Seahawks were a Megatron fumble at the 1 to losing to the train wreck that is Detroit. They were man handling Cincy most of that game and some RB named Rawles ran for 169 yards.

I'm not buying Bengals stock....especially the O just yet. Seattle had that game up until the 4th when it was their OFFENSE that disappeared.

The Bills led by Trent Edwards were a 5-1 team once. The NFL....every game seems like it's a new season. The only constant is the Patriots* are going to roll you.

So no....I don't think the '91 Redskins are coming in here. Far far from it. I actually think the Steelers are going to find their way back on top in that division....somehow.

If Watkins and Karlos are playing I expect to win. Time to man up Sammy. Look at what your QB is doing while hurt. Go ball.

Edited by Big Blitz

man those reviews from seahawks game, WRs were getting wide open, some serious blown coverages. Surprised Legion of Boom looked so bad. Our secondary will play better than that. For one reason I like our man scheme vs bengals instead of seahawks zone

Cary Williams is horrible and the Seahawks play a very vanilla D up front - the problem is the Cincy OL is too good to expect to just line up and get pressure with the front 4. Gotta mix it up and try to get Andy to get rattled and throw the ball to the good guys.

A good blueprint is what Pettine did on TNF last year. One of the worst games I have seen Dalton play.

Edited by YoloinOhio

man those reviews from seahawks game, WRs were getting wide open, some serious blown coverages. Surprised Legion of Boom looked so bad. Our secondary will play better than that. For one reason I like our man scheme vs bengals instead of seahawks zoneCary Williams is horrible and the Seahawks play a very vanilla D up front - the problem is the Cincy OL is too good to expect to just line up and get pressure with the front 4. Gotta mix it up and try to get Andy to get rattled and throw the ball to the good guys.

A good blueprint is what Pettine did on TNF last year. One of the worst games I have seen Dalton play.

This.

Oakland, the Chargers (just beat by Vick and made Josh McCown look like Dan Marino), the Ravens minus Suggs have been a mess, the Chiefs have been horrible, then Seattle's meltldown. That's who they've beat. 3 of those games at home and probably the 3 'toughest.'

I'm not taking them lightly. I don't take any team lightly. But they haven't seen anything CLOSE to the defense they'll see Sunday---which will be far more exotic and led by someone who dials it up better then the DC that replaced Quinn in Seattle.

Edited by Big Blitz

@TCBILLS_Astro

Most QB Hurries, DE Pairs: 1-Seahawks (Bennett-Avril) 2-Vikes (Robison-Griffin) 3-#Bills (Williams-Hughes) 4-Bengals (Dunlap-Johnson)

Get out of here with those facts. The Bills pass rush sucks this year. Ryan clearly does not know what he is doing. On a serious note, the Bengals ranking here is of serious concern given how our tackles have struggled at times this year with pressure from the edge.

@StillTalkinTV

Sabre teases, teasing Bills announcers for big Sunday battle and a "Minority" report prior to cancellation http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/10/13/ch-2-has-dueling-sabre-teases-dedes-wilcots-to-call-big-bills-bengals-game/

Inquiring minds want to know: Since the 3-2 Buffalo Bills game with the 5-0 Cincinnati Bengals is the only one Sunday involving AFC teams with winning records, will CBS send one of its top announcing teams to the Ralph? The quality of the match-up has no bearing this early in the season on who calls the games. A CBS representative confirmed Monday that play-by-play man Spero Dedes and analyst Solomon Wilcots (an ex Bengal) are still assigned to call their third Bills game of the season. Market size has a lot to do with that. Buffalo is the 53rd market in the country, Cincinnati the 36th market.

ICYMI, the MMQB had quite a bit on the Bengals this week with another feature due from Robert Klemko today:

@theMMQB

.@SI_PeterKing's MMQB column is up, leading with the heroics of the Ohio quarterbacks: Josh McCown and Andy Dalton. http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/12/nfl-week-5-monday-morning-quarterback-peter-king

Elsewhere in Ohio…

The MMQB had Robert Klemko on site at Seahawks-Bengals, and he’ll have a detailed report from Cincinnati on Tuesday. This morning, I want to focus briefly on the progress of the Bengals.

Simply, Sunday’s game was not one this team would have won in the past three or four years. I wrote about the Bengals—specifically, Andy Dalton—on Friday in my Game Plan column, and said there were four reasons why Dalton was playing at the highest level of the position, in the rarified air to be able to compete with Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Dalton has a tight end he trusts, Tyler Eifert. He’s tremendously more accurate and confident on his deep balls, in part a result of working so hard to refine his mechanics; he’s tightened them up, made them more compact, and all without compromising on his deep balls. The depth of his offensive weapons is as good as any quarterback has in football. And the Bengals have good team shrinks for Dalton, pumping him up when so many in the public are down on him for his 0-4 playoff record.

Believe in the Bengals

By Robert Klemko - The MMQB

Cincinnati is 5-0 for the first time in Marvin Lewis’s 13-year tenure. Pessimists will still point to the franchise’s recent playoff futility, but the true measure of growth isn’t just wins and losses

cincinnati-bengals-650-mmqb.jpg?itok=9Ln

ICYMI, the MMQB had quite a bit on the Bengals this week with another feature due from Robert Klemko today:

@theMMQB

.@SI_PeterKing's MMQB column is up, leading with the heroics of the Ohio quarterbacks: Josh McCown and Andy Dalton. http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/12/nfl-week-5-monday-morning-quarterback-peter-king

Believe in the Bengals

This kind of hype generally comes before a defeat...

Cinci now favored by 2 1/2 to 3 depending on the book. That opening line of pick em made no sense to me whatsoever. If I were a bettor I would have jumped in on it. I have a feeling line will close near Bills plus 3 to 3 1/2

Edited by norton20

Cinci now favored by 2 1/2 to 3 depending on the book. That opening line of pick em made no sense to me whatsoever. If I were a bettor I would have jumped in on it. I have a feeling line will close near Bills plus 3 to 3 1/2

Early $$ on Cincy after their comeback win over the Seahawks. They're 5-0 and the Bills have key players who might not play. It makes sense that the Bengals are favored at this point.

They are a very well constructed and balanced team. The Bills can certainly beat them, but they better be on their best game with regard to scheme and execution in all three phases.

Yes, I agree. I just think that all teams are human, and all teams eventually have a letdown--even if it's a minor one.

Coming off a huge emotional win, in a very physical game that went to extra time, and having to travel to what's a very difficult place for most teams to win, against another physical team, with the hype machine in full throttle is the kind of environment where teams are ripe to lose.

If the Bills' offense takes the first half off, they're going to be in big, big trouble. The Bengals are going to score points. The Bills cannot afford another slow start that puts them in a two TD hole at halftime - they're not built for that type of game.

Agreed. They need to come out hot on offense the way they did against NE and Miami. Much of that will (IMO) rely on having Sammy and Karlos or Shady in the lineup.

If we hold McCoy out until after the Bye, he has three weeks more to get healthy. He's not going to be ready for the Bengals, and then it is the Jags in London, and Miami at home.

We then get a bye before NE. If he can be completely healthy, he can make a difference for us. Watkins and K. Williams could really make an impact this week. We'll see.

If we hold McCoy out until after the Bye, he has three weeks more to get healthy. He's not going to be ready for the Bengals, and then it is the Jags in London, and Miami at home.

We then get a bye before NE. If he can be completely healthy, he can make a difference for us. Watkins and K. Williams could really make an impact this week. We'll see.

Great points. I'd also pickup another RB this week. According to PFF, neither Dixon, Wood nor "Boom" created any missed tackles last week. Kick the tires on Trent Richardson or Monte Ball perhaps. If K. Williams can't play, or gets injured, we are in big trouble.

You want Urbik to face Geno Atkins? I don't. :unsure:

Nope. I don't want anyone on our O-line to face him at this point! (perhaps Incognito)

Sharps bet on Monday for next weeks games,, squares on Sunday.

The bye is after the London game and before the Miami home game.

That's followed by a short week road game (Thursday) against the Jets, after which is MNF on the road against NE with 11 days rest.

is Sammy back at 100%? or is he a decoy in this game? we aren't getting production from the other guys, we need a breakout game from him. or at least double coverage on him so we can hit the other guys

He should be ready to be fully implemented into the gameplan. The Bills need him.

is Sammy back at 100%? or is he a decoy in this game? we aren't getting production from the other guys, we need a breakout game from him. or at least double coverage on him so we can hit the other guys

I'll draw a parallel to the Giants' last drive on Sunday night. If OBJ stays on the sideline for the entire series, Giants don't complete the comeback.

We've seen Sammy's influence just by being on the field. Bills don't have another WR who commands respect. To me it's not a coincidence the pass game has gone to crap in the two games he's been out.

They are a very well constructed and balanced team. The Bills can certainly beat them, but they better be on their best game with regard to scheme and execution in all three phases.

I agreee. Cincy looks like the team we are trying to build into. I would really love to have a full healthy roster for this, especially McKelvin considering how well theyve been spreading the ball, but getting Sammy and Karlos back would be huge.