Losing 2 of your first 3 home games...

LabattBlue

Teams that want to challenge for the playoffs don't lose 2 of their first 3 at home. 60,000 suckers bought this sales job.

IMO, there's was no reason for the fans to not believe in this team. The talent is top notch and the coaches should be competent enough to win the games they are supposed to win.

Losing those games is a killer though. We were supposed to take care of those so we could have a little buffer for a tough road stretch. Doesn't look good.

Let's rephrase then.

Teams that want to challenge for the playoffs don't prepare poorly, play undisciplined over-emotional football and get out coached in 2 of their first 3 at home...

Cool. You're not a sucker. You think the season is over too like the OP.

Cool. You're not a sucker. You think the season is over too like the OP.

I don't think the season is over any more than you apparently want to see rainbows and sugarplums in two poor home efforts.

Until they act line professionals every game, on the field during the 60 minutes they're in competition, all the good intentions and potential are just talk. They have to decide right now if they want to be all hat, no cattle (i.e., like Rex) or play like the team they say they are but haven't shown consistently enough over the first four weeks...

You have to call it as it is. This was a pathetic effort and an inexcusable loss. Every year we see 8 in the box and run into it over and over. The 3-and-outs were ridiculous. And a billion dollar Dline can't pressure against a banged up OLine?This is a .500 team, just like our record says. I hate to say it, same old Bills.

I don't think the season is over any more than you apparently want to see rainbows and sugarplums in two poor home efforts.

Until they act line professionals every game, on the field during the 60 minutes they're in competition, all the good intentions and potential are just talk. They have to decide right now if they want to be all hat, no cattle (i.e., like Rex) or play like the team they say they are but haven't shown consistently enough over the first four weeks...

:lol: Rainbows and sugarplums! Where did I say we didn't play poorly. Sorry I'm not the overreaction type. Enjoy your miserable night. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

"Let's rephrase then.

Teams that want to challenge for the playoffs don't prepare poorly, play undisciplined over-emotional football and get out coached in 2 of their first 3 at home..."

^Agreed.

Just because the team doesn't win every Sunday and people criticize the play, officiating and coaching doesn't necessarily mean that they are a troll. People that just come on here to say "F#$% The Bills - they suck"...now that is definitely troll-worthy.

Sometimes (and in most cases with the Bills) the truth hurts...

The team was most DEFINITELY out-coached and out-classed by two SB winning coaches at home, which says that they are not "there" as much as some Bills fans would like to believe.

Coughlin is a damned good coach, I don't care how lousy they may have looked coming into this game. He had his team properly prepared & the Bills simply outplayed themselves with dumb penalties, bad special teams and poor tacking at inopportune times.

While I wouldn't go as far as say that 60,000 fans were duped by a sales job, I will say that I had lower level seats cheaper than ticket price in hand last week and decided to sell them. For some reason, I just had a bad, bad feeling about this game...

I hope that people don't think that I am not a "real fan" because I did this as I have watched the Bills for over 27 years win or lose. After you spend that much time watching football, you can get a pretty good idea on when you know when a team is "special".

I think that they still have the making to be a really good team & I think that Rex can pull everything together, but he and the players just need to be....a little better prepared, more disciplined and not take dumb penalties at critical times in a game - especially against former playoff and SB winning teams.

That's a real good way for a coach to get run out of town after just a season or two.

Edited by Sabesfan71

:lol: Rainbows and sugarplums! Where did I say we didn't play poorly. Sorry I'm not the overreaction type. Enjoy your miserable night.

Not miserable at all. Just disappointed with another game day flame out by the coaching staff and the undisciplined play of so many vets who have to know better.

BTW, accusing people like the OP and myself who don't agree with your POV of thinking the season is over is pretty laughable...

Not miserable at all. Just disappointed with another game day flame out by the coaching staff and the undisciplined play of so many vets who have to know better.

BTW, accusing people like the OP and myself who don't agree with your POV of thinking the season is over is pretty laughable...

If you agree that 60,000 fans are suckers for buying into this team, I couldn't give a f%@$ less about your awful opinions Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

If you agree that 60,000 fans are suckers for buying into this team, I couldn't give a f%@$ less about your awful opinions

I'm only speaking to the first sentence by the OP, which is the heart of the matter.

The second was just Labatt's usual hyperbole.. :lol:

I'm only speaking to the first sentence by the OP, which is the heart of the matter.

The second was just Labatt's usual hyperbole.. :lol:

Apologies. We were definitely arguing different things. The team definitely needs to do better. Be smarter.

I think that we can all agree that the Bills could have and should have won this game.

So freaking disheartening that they didn't which always leaves us fans upset...let's just all have a drink, take a deep breath, and hope that the Bills can come back next week and play more disciplined, smarter football! :thumbsup:

I think that we can all agree that the Bills could have and should have won this game.

So freaking disheartening that they didn't which always leaves us fans upset...let's just all have a drink, take a deep breath, and hope that the Bills can come back next week and play more disciplined, smarter football! :thumbsup:

I don't agree that the Bills should have won the game. They were beaten from start to finish. It's not like they let this one slip away.

Teams that want to challenge for the playoffs don't lose 2 of their first 3 at home. 60,000 suckers bought this sales job.

And im one of them. I could be spending my money somewhere else if they dont get to the playoffs this year I wont drop a dime on them next year.

The Bills beat 2 crappie teams and lost to 2 teams going to the playoffs. ....Same old story

This is what I am starting to think now too.

I thought this team was going to be different. I thought they might be something special. But nope. Not special. Couldn't win without those 2 key players on offense.

Maybe with Watkins and Shady this game ends differently. I don't know though. All that money on the Defensive line and a coach who is supposed to be a master of bringing pressure....and this is what we get?

Sorry. It's just one game. But this team stuck a dagger in what I thought they were going to be by losing to the friggin Giants at home. It was the Giants for Christ's sake. The Giants...

This team is not ready. You have to play better than that. How can we not score two touchdowns today.........sad game....poor coaching today on both sides of the ball and poor play..

• 2 weeks later...

What? We were outplayed in all 3 phases.

1-3 at home with all 3 losses coming against teams that are going to the playoffs this year (yes, the G-Men are going).

...now it's 3 out of 4. 98 points against in the 3 losses. So much for being one of the best defenses in the NFL.

They are among the best, it's the coaching that's holding them back now.

1-3 at home with all 3 losses coming against teams that are going to the playoffs this year (yes, the G-Men are going).

They are among the best, it's the coaching that's holding them back now.

There's always something holding them back. If not coaching than it's injuries or the refs or _________________.

All we need to do is go 8-2 and we are in the playoffs.

To youe posy

#1 - I can also see 8-2. 7-3 still gets the Bills to 10-6.

Jags, Dolphins, @ Jets, @ Patriots, @ Chiefs, Texans, @ Eagles, @ Washington, Cowboys and Jets.

#2 - The dreaded P word. Yes, the Bills have the 6th best record in the AFC to this point and 12th in the NFL.

Who would have thought the Ravens would have tanked so much!

Edited by NOVABillsFan

Agreed. Yes, it sucks losing 3 home games (against 2 of the best teams in the AFC).

Damn those schedule makers!

Last year we beat 2 playoff teams with Kyle Orton, Hackett Jr., and Coach Moron. One at home and one on the road. I'm tired of excuses. Edited by reddogblitz