Inexcusable Loss Today

Big Turk

The Giants made one play on offense the entire second half, which should have been stopped for no gain by Bradham but instead resulted in a 51 yard TD.

The Bills marched up and down the field the second half, had 2 TDs called back by penalties, a chip shot missed FG which basically caused a whole chain of events, including a 4th and goal stuff instead of kicking a FG and cutting it to a 1 possession game, because of the prior missed FG, they had to go for it. Then they are on the move again when Woods has the ball ripped out.

Undisciplined, unfocused, inexcuseable. The Giants gave us every opportunity to beat them today and we acted like we didn't want to do it. A bad, bad loss to a team we should have beat going away in the second half if we would just stop killing ourselves with stupid plays...

Edited by matter2003

Giants stack 8 at the line, Karlos Willams stuffed.

Giants stack 8 at the line, Karlos Williams 2 yard gain.

That was basically the first half.

Why was the same run play called over and over again?

Playcall needed to be changed mutiple times at the line. No excuse.

Bad loss for sure. Made some stupid mistakes for sure and Bradham missing that tackle was huge but the referees....wow!!

The refs stat line was way more productive in yards and points (taken away) than any player or unit today. When will this end? I can't stand to watch it much more.

Giants stack 8 at the line, Karlos Willams stuffed.

Giants stack 8 at the line, Karlos Williams 2 yard gain.

That was basically the first half.

Why was the same run play called over and over again?

I agree...both sides made masterful adjustments at the half and were really in control but dumb plays and penalties killed us, although the catalyst for this loss is on Carpenter for missing a chip shot FG that completely changed our strategy. Instead of kicking another FG after that to make it 16-9 we have to go for it and get stuffed...game would have been tied at 16 instead of us down 16-10. All from a missed FG from a guy who is normally automatic...

It also helps when two. Touchdowns are called back by horrible penalties that weren't.

Yep. Also carpenters missed kick, and the penalty on the giants field goal that gave them the first down and they got the touchdown right after. Bad refs and terrible focus and discipline by the players too

Yep. Also carpenters missed kick, and the penalty on the giants field goal that gave them the first down and they got the touchdown right after. Bad refs and terrible focus and discipline by the players too

Carpenters miss killed us...game would have been tied instead of us being down 16-10.

Too many dumb penalties but both TDs especially Clay's should have counted. Chop block means below the waist and Icog's block was clearly above the waist. Also the holding call against Darby early was ridiculous.. Still no excuse for this loss. DL played poorly again. Need some changes in D philosophy Rex. You're getting embarrassed. Oh, and I don't recall the LB, but third and three and you miss the friggin tackle with the game on the line and give up a 51 yd TD. Nice.

Edited by Bills Fan of Maryland

The Giants made one play on offense the entire second half, which should have been stopped for no gain by Bradham but instead resulted in a 51 yard TD.

The Bills marched up and down the field the second half, had 2 TDs called back by penalties, a chip shot missed FG which basically caused a whole chain of events, including a 4th and goal stuff instead of kicking a FG and cutting it to a 1 possession game, because of the prior missed FG, they had to go for it. Then they are on the move again when Woods has the ball ripped out.

Undisciplined, unfocused, inexcuseable. The Giants gave us every opportunity to beat them today and we acted like we didn't want to do it. A bad, bad loss to a team we should have beat going away in the second half if we would just stop killing ourselves with stupid plays...

undisciplined and unprofessional. 17 penalties and 135 yards. two touchdowns called back. not a good day whatsoever!

Best loss I've ever seen.

Why?

I'm free.

I realized, on that Tyrod TD run that wasn't, that the league has finally, mercifully, reached the point where I no longer care.

I'm not watching a sport... I'm watching a 3.5 hour beer commercial, interspersed with completely subjective "penalties" designed to keep the game close, and award the teams that "should" win, like the New York metro area Giants.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a waste of time on a beautiful fall day.

I'll respond in length to the person who sent me a PM about the Patriots, and I'll make some final goodbye post after our next win--for 2 reasons.

A) so it resonates with the true Bills fans on here (not social media team members from the league) and not people that think I'm just "bitter" after a loss; and B) so those same social media team members have talking points to bring back to their account managers and maybe the message can start working its way up the ladder.

The person I feel worst for?

Mr. and Mrs. Pegula. Sell now while you can, this league is in a tailspin.

Oh sure, profits will probably keep going up, for now, but kids are dying, schools are closing programs, and the league is awful.

It's been real guys, hate away, but the NFL f*cking blows now, and I'm sorry to be the first to eulogize it, but one of us has to.

Hate to admit it, but I sort of feel the same way. Here in the Pacific NW, Fox cut away during every Bills first half drive to show highlights from other games. Number of times they cut away from NYG drives? Zero.

F 'em.

and of course "fans" like you will come out of the wood work to point it out.......

Must be awfully boring for you when the team wins

Well, he does have the advantage of more having more team losses than wins for over the last 15 years. So he shouldn't have been that bored.

I get so upset with the penalties that give the game to the opponents. I just don't get it. It seems like the refs are looking harder at our team that the opposition. Maybe it's because of our history? I just don't know. To that end if the players know they are going to be held to a closer standard, they need to play with that in mind. To lose two touchdowns to penalties is just to much....

Best loss I've ever seen.

Why?

I'm free.

I realized, on that Tyrod TD run that wasn't, that the league has finally, mercifully, reached the point where I no longer care.

I'm not watching a sport... I'm watching a 3.5 hour beer commercial, interspersed with completely subjective "penalties" designed to keep the game close, and award the teams that "should" win, like the New York metro area Giants.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a waste of time on a beautiful fall day.

I'll respond in length to the person who sent me a PM about the Patriots, and I'll make some final goodbye post after our next win--for 2 reasons.

A) so it resonates with the true Bills fans on here (not social media team members from the league) and not people that think I'm just "bitter" after a loss; and B) so those same social media team members have talking points to bring back to their account managers and maybe the message can start working its way up the ladder.

The person I feel worst for?

Mr. and Mrs. Pegula. Sell now while you can, this league is in a tailspin.

Oh sure, profits will probably keep going up, for now, but kids are dying, schools are closing programs, and the league is awful.

It's been real guys, hate away, but the NFL f*cking blows now, and I'm sorry to be the first to eulogize it, but one of us has to.

I agree. I'm tired of these games not being decided by the players.

and of course "fans" like you will come out of the wood work to point it out.......

Must be awfully boring for you when the team wins

No, it's boring for me when playoff time arrives and, once again, the Bills don't make the playoffs. Don't give me this "fans" crap. Blind homerism isn't any more a sign of a good "fan" than emotional criticism when the wheels fall off. More to the point, doubters of this franchise have been wrong far less than the blissfully ignorant optimists.

Edited by IronyAbounds

Bills' coaching has been terrible in the two losses so far this year. A truly horrid game.

Really? Today the coaches made adjustments in the second half that shut down the Giants completely on offense and we moved the ball up and down the field on offense. Penalties wiped out 2 TDs. Kicker misses an easy FG. Maybe the 4th down call on the goal line? Bradham misses a tackle for no gain and the Giants get a 51 yard TD, literally their only play on offense the entire half that did anything.

Coaches put players in the right positions with the adjustments made in the second half, And they just f'd up repeatedly. Bills should have won by at least 10 based on what happened in the second half. We killed ourselves, over and over and over again.

Edited by matter2003

The Pegulas need to have a conversation with Ryan about getting control of the team. While I'm on Ryan, Jim Schwartz is a better defensive coach.

The penalties on the two called back TDs were not penalties. Urbik called the penalty on himself by putting his hands up. Incognito was above the waist, not a chop block. It should not have come down to this however.

Bills beat themselves, all three phases were bad as was the coaching.

I think not having Watkins or McCoy is a good excuse.

Bills beat themselves, all three phases were bad as was the coaching.

Haven't seen anyone mention it but the play that left me with my jaw hanging open was when the Bills got a lucky break on the kickoff and the ball did not bounce into the end zone. It took a perfect backwards bounce and for a second was just laying there at the two yard line and somehow the Bill's coverage team allow it to be scooped up and returned to the 30. I was flabbergasted.

Edited by Coastie

I don't understand how people can say Rex is responsible for Jerry Hughes or Aaron Willisms getting personal foul penalties

Leadership has a large hand in determining the "corporate culture" of an organization. Rex Ryan has a very foot-loose and freewheeling leadership style that is not conducive to developing self control or mental discipline, at least in my opinion.

That said, Hughes and Williams are grown men and the fact their leadership is undisciplined does not mean they have to be, it just means it is easier for them for to be.