Who's going to be the first coach fired this year?

BmarvB

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is 3 games into his first season on a team that lost 1/2 it's entire starting roster it seems to retirement and FA. They have to give him a bit of slack, no?

That would probably be the fair thing, but it has seemed pretty clear he's been in way over his head since he was announced as HC. If they continue to crash and burn I could definitely see him out at the end of the year.

Sean Payton should be fired for hiring Rob Ryan as his DC. His Ds ALWAYS suck mightily. When Buddy was explaining D to Rob and Rex, Rob evidently was not paying attention.

I heard Rob eats wings with Ranch dressing.

Jeff Fisher.

Big expectations in St. Louis this year and a DESIRE to play in a new stadium. If the season goes down the tubes or it's another 6-10 season, he'll be a Dead Man Walking like Pagano.

The game has passed Fischer by and he has failed to adjust to it. He may be the most overrated coach.

I'm curious as to your source on this. My recollection was that he was fired. An internet search found articles saying he was fired. This is the first I've heard otherwise.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Chan-Gailey-relieved-of-duties-as-Buffalo-Bills-head-coach/ab77a208-46ae-4448-adc8-eb8b6500a45b

"Chan Gailey relieved of duties as Buffalo Bills head coach"

Every NFL HC thinks they should get a 5 year plan, and of course they don't. Owners want to see winning results almost immediately now or its the hatchet!

Yea, its the Dolphins for sure, and very soon if they don't start winning!

Edited by Nihilarian

Philbin is getting whacked soon

Gus Bradley is a goner too. Dunno if the Jags will pull the trigger midseason

Goners after the season is over
Gruden: Dan the Fan doesn't like losing. Plus Gruden broke Danny's shiny overpriced QB
Kelly: Back to the NCAA where you can schedule creampuffs and youu don't have to treat your players like grownups
Fisher: He'll leave that franchise in the same sorry state he was brought in to resurrect it from

Hotseat
Pettine: Might save his job if they finish above 500 and Manzel at least looks like he might play someday
Pagano: Rumblings that he is on his way out. If the Colts keep up the lackluster play he's gone

Coughlin* If the Giants miss he playoffs he'll be coaxed into retirement

Not sure if he will be first, but I believe Chip Kelly is gone at some point in the near future. He completely gutted the roster and brought in his own guys and they are not performing. He will be fired soon enough.

This is completely wrong. Kelly led the team to too straight 10-6 records. He realized that the talent he had wasn't going to do better than that and convinced ownership to let him roll the dice to build a super bowl team. Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells are examples of guys that gutted teams to rebuild championships. The Eagles didn't hand the reins to kelly because they didn't trust him. They will give him time to see it through.

This is completely wrong. Kelly led the team to too straight 10-6 records. He realized that the talent he had wasn't going to do better than that and convinced ownership to let him roll the dice to build a super bowl team. Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells are examples of guys that gutted teams to rebuild championships. The Eagles didn't hand the reins to kelly because they didn't trust him. They will give him time to see it through.

I wouldn't be shocked if they removed him from GM duties though. It's hard doing double duty and Chip has simply let go talented players to get nothing back

Philbin is getting whacked soon

Gus Bradley is a goner too. Dunno if the Jags will pull the trigger midseason

Goners after the season is over

Gruden: Dan the Fan doesn't like losing. Plus Gruden broke Danny's shiny overpriced QB

Kelly: Back to the NCAA where you can schedule creampuffs and youu don't have to treat your players like grownups

Fisher: He'll leave that franchise in the same sorry state he was brought in to resurrect it from

Hotseat

Pettine: Might save his job if they finish above 500 and Manzel at least looks like he might play someday

Pagano: Rumblings that he is on his way out. If the Colts keep up the lackluster play he's gone

Coughlin* If the Giants miss he playoffs he'll be coaxed into retirement

What he said!

I wouldn't be shocked if they removed him from GM duties though. It's hard doing double duty and Chip has simply let go talented players to get nothing back

True, but as long as Whaley is around, Chip will always have a market for his discarded RBs.