Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a doctor (not a head coach or a player), let me repeat, a doctor, clears a player to be able to practice and play on Sunday, then that means the player is healthy enough to play. Plain and simple. I highly doubt that they would risk their career just so the Bills come out with a victory on Sunday.

Every player is 100% in pain in the NFL like Rex said, but injuries are different. This is the NFL and you expect toughness from players and expect them to play through pain. I mean, usually when us "regular folks" have a cast on our arms, we're pretty much limited on the day to day stuff we do. These guys have casts and then go rush the passer still.

At the end of the day, hamstrings are tricky as someone else said but if the doctors said, hey, you're good to go, then my guess is he's good to go.

I'm no doctor but I think in the case of hamstrings, doctors rely on lot on the observations of the patient.

If Shady's anxious to get back on the field because it's a big game, he might lie to the doctor and say everything feels great. In which case, the doctor will clear him to play.

Hopefully Shady didn't do that.

This is my concern

I feel like Shady is being pressed into action because Karlos is in concussion protocol......and if Karlos was PLAYING we would still be resting Shady

That is a bad bad thing

Agree entirely, John.

So much for my hunch that they would shelve him until after the bye.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm no doctor but I think in the case of hamstrings, doctors rely on lot on the observations of the patient.

If Shady's anxious to get back on the field because it's a big game, he might lie to the doctor and say everything feels great. In which case, the doctor will clear him to play.

looking back at his comments from a couple weeks ago, I doubt that's the case. He said he won't play until he's 100% so that he can play to his style of cutting and making people miss. He says he knows he isn't a plow through the line type of RB. If he can't do what he's good at, he won't play. Apparently he thinks he can. And he's right in line with the time frame.

Highly doubt he would lie about it and pretty sure most doctors are capable of determining a hamstring injury with a physical examination (assuming he was truthful during the exam).

Edited by The Wiz

see above. I don't think he is of that mindset. He doesn't want to play until he can do what he does best. Not sure why folks don't think he's ready.

looking back at his comments from a couple weeks ago, I doubt that's the case. He said he won't play until he's 100% so that he can play to his style of cutting and making people miss. He says he knows he isn't a plow through the line type of RB. If he can't do what he's good at, he won't play. Apparently he thinks he can. And he's right in line with the time frame.

My concern is that he missed basically the same amount of time from when he originally injured it to the first game of the season and that wasnt enough time to heal it and this after he said he "made it worse."

I hope its not an issue moving forward but I have my doubts.

I agree. Shady did say himself that if he's not 100%, he's not going to play. I know this is what players say all the time but I guess it's my job as a fan to believe his word.

These guys are making a ton of money so put them in and give them the freaken ball.

I tend to agree with the stoic approach of playing with pain. If pain was the only consideration. But hammy problems are serious and easily re-injured.

If it's not healed, he can't play. He won't be effective, he'll aggravate the injury, and he'll spend the next month or more on the sideline.

If that's the case, the coach's need to keep him out. He may never be 100% this season and I want him in there, but it's just not worth it right now Give him 3 more weeks of rest.

Does this mean he never should play this season?

Why 3 weeks, why not 4 just to be sure , or 5 to be really really sure....

If that's the case, the coach's need to keep him out. He may never be 100% this season and I want him in there, but it's just not worth it right now Give him 3 more weeks of rest.

why 3 more weeks? is that a magical number? Players play hurt. This is a big game. You're right. He will probably not be 100% this year....neither will most players.

We're likely looking at a "pitch count" for Shady.

how about we call it a snap count? pitch count I believe, is a baseball term