Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

I just want to see the special shady

Not the "im gonna gut it out because my team needs me" shady

We got a glimpse of him in the NE game. His cuts looked sharp and he had a burst. Of course, the next week he looked horrible so perhaps him going all out in NE caused a setback.

Like others I'm worried that going out there now is going to result in another setback. I'd rather play it safe and just wait until after the bye particularly since when hurt Shady shows up he's not much of a help at all. If he doesn't have a burst (and can't safely do it) it does the team no good to be out there and risks further injury.

Edited by MDH

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my concern

I feel like Shady is being pressed into action because Karlos is in concussion protocol......and if Karlos was PLAYING we would still be resting Shady

That is a bad bad thing

I understand your concern John but everyone here knows Shady is an entirely different type of back than Karlos. How do you know if Karlos was playing we'd still be resting Shady? Or is that just your opinion?

This is Cinci, not Miami or Tenn.

Here's my .02: while I respect everyone's input & opinion on this Board and specifically on this topic, there are few things which seems apparent to me:

• there are lots of armchair physicians on TBD who think they know how an injured hamstring heals and what the risk of re-injury is;
  • hence, LOTS of premature & unfounded speculation
  • other opinions suggesting that Shady is only playing b/c he wants to "gut it out", esp, with Karlos being out. News flash: as another poster pointed out, if the MEDICAL STAFF clears Shady to play, then he does; this decision is not made in a vacuum
  • Many people here seem to forget the simple fact that when Shady knew his injury made him a liability, he was smart enough to remove himself and avoid further damage
  • Judging by how he has just said how good he feels, plus being cleared by the MDs, should give us all we need to know

<p>

Here's my .02: while I respect everyone's input & opinion on this Board and specifically on this topic, there are few things which seems apparent to me:

• there are lots of armchair physicians on TBD who think they know how an injured hamstring heals and what the risk of re-injury is;
  • other opinions suggesting that Shady is only playing b/c he wants to "gut it out", esp, with Karlos being out. News flash: as another poster pointed out, if the MEDICAL STAFF clears Shady to play, then he does; this decision is not made in a vacuum
  • Many people here seem to forget the simple fact that when Shady knew his injury made him a liability, he was smart enough to remove himself and avoid further damage
  • Judging by how he has just said how good he feels, plus being cleared by the MDs, should give us all we need to know
thank you

Yes. Great post. We do have a lot of Miss Cleo's on this board.

I think Sammy and Shady have watched the shitshow offense the past 2 weeks(- 3 sensational runs by Tyrod and Hogan's catch) and have had enough. They watch the defense kicking butt, and then our offense constantly(9 consecutive) 3 and outs. They are begging "put me in coach" "10 targets to me" to make this offense go

LeSean McCoy: "I'm Ready To Play" (2:27)
RB LeSean McCoy talks about the status of his injury and also for the game against the Bengals.

Magnitude of Sunday's game spurs McCoy to play
LeSean McCoy vowed to not play again until his hamstring was 100 percent, but the importance of Sunday's AFC matchup with undefeated Cincinnati has convinced him he has to suit up with his teammates.

I think Sammy and Shady have watched the shitshow offense the past 2 weeks(- 3 sensational runs by Tyrod and Hogan's catch) and have had enough. They watch the defense kicking butt, and then our offense constantly(9 consecutive) 3 and outs. They are begging "put me in coach" "10 targets to me" to make this offense go

i believe there is definitely an element of truth to that.

Agree with all the other stuff but here's the rub: we heard this before the 1st game and the MDs cleared him yet he didn't look particularly good in the early games and re-injured himself. So while it should give us all we need to know, there is room for some doubt. Once bitten twice shy.

Agree with all the other stuff but here's the rub: we heard this before the 1st game and the MDs cleared him yet he didn't look particularly good in the early games and re-injured himself. So while it should give us all we need to know, there is room for some doubt. Once bitten twice shy.

sometimes players may force the issue because the teams needs them. This is not an easy game to play and sometimes you need to gut it out and keep your fingers crossed at the same time. It all comes down the fact that they really need to win this game. The most important game is always the one next on the schedule.

From this article: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/16/buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-lesean-mccoy-probable-return

Doctors diagnosed McCoy with a Grade 2 pull on Oct. 9, and predicted he would be out for three to four weeks. But just one week after that diagnosis, McCoy could be headed back to the field to play the undefeated Cincinnati Bengals in Week 6.

Guess I missed that he had that diagnosis last week. I thought that timeline was given when he was first injured.

<p>

Im ready for some shady