Jets vs. Fins, 10/4 - Who to root for?

Wazzu Bill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First London game of the year, Jets vs. Fins this Sunday 10/4 at 9:30am ET.

attachicon.gifFitzTanny.gif

Who to root for? Realistically I do not see either team being a serious threat to the wild card. But it is a long season and the first 3 weeks do not always reflect the December push.

Personally, I would like to see the Fins come out on top, putting both teams at 2-2. We already beat them once, giving us an edge for a possible tiebreaker.

mathematically, a Fish win is better for us

First London game of the year, Jets vs. Fins this Sunday 10/4 at 9:30am ET.

attachicon.gifFitzTanny.gif

Who to root for? Realistically I do not see either team being a serious threat to the wild card. But it is a long season and the first 3 weeks do not always reflect the December push.

Personally, I would like to see the Fins come out on top, putting both teams at 2-2. We already beat them once, giving us an edge for a possible tiebreaker.

Fitz has the penchant for self-destruction in the 2nd half of the season. I would like the Jets to lose now as Miami may not turn it around.

Does it make me a bad person to root for a terrorist bombing where no one is actually killed but a lot of minor injuries and abrasions and stuff that will eventually heal?

I don't know, but I was thinking about posting in the "will NE*** hit the wall this year?" thread with the comment, "no, but I hope the team bus does."

It's a no brainer. Fish so they are both 2-2. What amazes me is how could the NFL allow a divisional game in London? That is not fair to either team. London should always be non-divisional games.

Yeah, it's almost as bad as playing a divisional game in Toron....never mind.

From CBS Sportsline

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25321228/nfl-week-4-picks-dolphins-over-jets-cowboys-beat-saints

You can tell the writer wanted to call the game a tie but afraid his editor would not allow him to:

Dolphins-fans-09-28-15.jpg

The Dolphins haven't been playing much defense -- or offense this season. (Instagram/@mini_beast24)

NJ Jets (2-1) at North Cuba (1-2) in London, 9:30 a.m. ET (CBS): For the second year in a row, the Phish are trying to see if they can make their season completely collapse before Week 4.

In 2014, North Cuba started 1-2 after losses to Buffalo and Kansas City that were so bad, coach Joe Phi(sh)lbin was thinking about benching Ryan Tannehill.

Anyway, I'm taking the Phish, but only because I think their season's going to implode if they lose and it's way too early for that to happen. If you've followed the Phish since Phi(sh)lbin was hired, you know he doesn't let his team implode until the final three or four weeks of the season. Dolphins 20-17 over Jets.

Edited by Koolaid

I find it amusing that so many people would prefer a Dolphins victory. As if a) if we are really a playoff team that somehow a Jets week four victory over the Dolphins is gonna end up being the obstacle we just can't overcome and b) that it's not at least a 50% shot that five weeks from now the Dolphins are better than the Jets anyway.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Fitz has the penchant for self-destruction in the 2nd half of the season.

Yep, once arm fatigue and weather start to play roles his effectiveness slides.

I find it amusing that so many people would prefer a Dolphins victory. As if a) if we are really a playoff team that somehow a Jets week four victory over the Dolphins is gonna end up being the obstacle we just can't overcome and b) that it's not at least a 50% shot that five weeks from now the Dolphins are better than the Jets anyway.

Every little bit helps. Granted, in week 4 it's tough to know exactly what will benefit the Bills the most come season's end, right now it looks like the Phins winning is better for the Bills.