Fred Jackson expected to sign with Seattle(update-signed)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salary aside (we'll never know the real answer to that question), my assumption is they think there is real long term value in at least one of the two current vet backups such that they didn't want to lose them, as there is obviously a numbers game at the RB position. I still think Brown has a future. The Bills are trying to build a long-term winner, this isn't (hopefully) a one year window. Final cuts will be interesting.

But yeah, I agree. There are going to be times I'm wishing it was Freddie lining up in the backfield.

That is my take too, money was a minor consideration.

I really wanted to see Freddie as a Bill in the playoffs, but this isn't a sentimental business. Brown is the most similar to McCoy, Boobie plays all facets of ST, and Karlos has great potential while adding to ST now. Keeping Freddie means losing one of the other players, and dressing him for games means not dressing a very good ST player.

So the latest seattlepi sportswriter thing is that Cam Chancellor's holdout is making it hard for the Seasnakes to sign Jackson:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015/09/02/report-kam-chancellor-holdout-holding-up-seahawks-deal-with-rb-fred-jackson/

Giving the same salt-shaker to them that I give to our media, can anyone explain this to me?

I know Chancellor is holding out 'cuz he doesn't like the deal he signed, but I'm not up enough on the Seasnakes to understand their cap situation and so forth

So the latest seattlepi sportswriter thing is that Cam Chancellor's holdout is making it hard for the Seasnakes to sign Jackson:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2015/09/02/report-kam-chancellor-holdout-holding-up-seahawks-deal-with-rb-fred-jackson/

Giving the same salt-shaker to them that I give to our media, can anyone explain this to me?

I know Chancellor is holding out 'cuz he doesn't like the deal he signed, but I'm not up enough on the Seasnakes to understand their cap situation and so forth

The snakes are playing the card that reads........"Kam your holdout is preventing us from signing the close buddy of Marshawn......the identity of our team". :cry::rolleyes:

Apparently the Kam Chancellor contract deal is holding up Seattle's deal with Freddy. certainly odd. C'mon Seattle, get your :censored: together and sign this guy before Whaley changes his mind (or worse, Bellicheat gets his hands on him).

Edited by Uffalo Ills