RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both injured already. They made the move anyway..

Karlos wasn't "injured" playing football, he had a health issue that was addressed. Shady's recovery is clearly progressing well, hence my statement.

You're an odd bird. You'll grab every opportunity to be contrarian about a move by the Bills' FO.

I'll bet!

great 3rd down back, best blocking RB, and fast enough to outrun most of that steelers secondary for 41 yards.Locker room leader, team leader

Its stuff like this that I just don't get because it sure didn't look like the guy hit the wall to me.

He is a real professional. He doesn't fumble, jump offside, hold, draw personal fouls or drop passes. He will never cost you a good play or a game by making a stupid mistake. He will never cost you your QB for the season because he whiffed on a blitzing LB. He'll never get arrested or suspended for violating the substance abuse policy. And he can still break tackles and wring every inch out of every play you give him. How on earth is Brown still on the roster and Freddie is not?

This isn't about letting old favorites go, this is about letting your leading RB of last season go who iswas clearly still the best RB on the roster after Shady.

Clearly?

Did you see Karlos in that 1st game? The kid runs possessed...I don't think it's clear at all...

The Bills are just loaded at RB and Freddie is the oldest...Can he still play? Absolutely...It's not like this was an easy decision for the Bills...But I doubt they thought Williams would look as good as he has...And Boobie is a ST's animal...Fred just got squeezed out...I hate it too...But I don't think it's going to make any difference on the field... B-)

i wouldnt be surprised if they keep 3.

but with 4, if karlos and boobie are gameday actives in order to get special teams reps, and spot touches/goal line, and the 4th guy is an inactive but pops up as primary back up in case of injury (brown) it seems like a better fit than fred in that role still. both on the field, and in the cap. just tossing out a possible scenario on 4 men where fred isnt the answer.

I would be on board with that more if Boobie was still desperately needed on ST. He used to be. But I think we are stacked now. Boobie's a decent runner but they are going with Karlos I think as a battering ram more than Boobie. I think we only keep three. Then sign a guy for PS. Cierre Wood looked decent in his limited time.

I don't think there will still be 6 RB on the roster after the cut-down to 53. I think you called it - it's a "cut early to see if you can catch on elsewhere" move. The class thing, which none of us yet know if it happened, would be to call Fred and say "Fred, we don't see a place for you on the 53. That being the case, what would you prefer? We could retire you as a Bill. We could hang onto you in case someone else is injured before the cut to 53. Or we could cut you early and give you the best chance to catch on elsewhere". So hopefully he made his choice and said "I think I can still play, give me my best shot at that".

i think thats a reasonable take on the conversation that probably happened yesterday.

Posted a thread for this, but here's the fan site we created so you can share your message to the team. We'll have the news contacted and hopefully we'll get the comments over to Fred this week:

http://welovefred.com/

stiff-heart.gif

Dude..... when did you register that domain?

And did you do it just for SEO purposes/company publicity?

!@#$ you Whaley, and !@#$ you Ryan. You just released your number 2 back for a fumbler and an unproven rookie with questionable (to be charitable) character. Can't wait to see Fred in a Cheats jersey, leading them to victory at the Ralph with Janeane at the helm.

All the best to you Fred Jackson. Sucks that now you'll be delivering for someone else. You will never be forgotten in Buffalo. See you at your WOF ceremony.

He is a real professional. He doesn't fumble, jump offside, hold, draw personal fouls or drop passes. He will never cost you a good play or a game by making a stupid mistake. He will never cost you your QB for the season because he whiffed on a blitzing LB. He'll never get arrested or suspended for violating the substance abuse policy. And he can still break tackles and wring every inch out of every play you give him. How on earth is Brown still on the roster and Freddie is not?

I agree with this. But as someone said elsewhere, they'd likely deactivate the 4th RB on gameday, because Dixon and Williams play special teams. So you'd have a situation where Jackson is being shelved every week. You're better off shelving Brown and letting Jackson catch on somewhere where he'll have a chance to play.

I love most of this but this part is untrue. Freddie had a lot of fumbles over the past two years. 8 of them in fact. Some of them were really bad ones too.

!@#$ you Whaley, and !@#$ you Ryan. You just released your number 2 back for a fumbler and an unproven rookie with questionable (to be charitable) character. Can't wait to see Fred in a Cheats jersey, leading them to victory at the Ralph with Janeane at the helm.

All the best to you Fred Jackson. Sucks that now you'll be delivering for someone else. You will never be forgotten in Buffalo. See you at your WOF ceremony.

No way is he WOF worthy.

I would be on board with that more if Boobie was still desperately needed on ST. He used to be. But I think we are stacked now. Boobie's a decent runner but they are going with Karlos I think as a battering ram more than Boobie. I think we only keep three. Then sign a guy for PS. Cierre Wood looked decent in his limited time.

oh, i agree that boobie isnt safe. its another guy thats a pretty penny without a role that would fit the expenditure, potentially. if they are 100% that karlos and mccoy are healthy, 3 backs, plus the FB, plus all the gadget guys that can get touches out of the backfield seems like plenty to carry the load.

Dude..... when did you register that domain?

And did you do it just for SEO purposes/company publicity?

Haha, no. I bought it when he was about to be released back in March. We got a lot of signatures and made the news. It's just something to show the team how the community feels about Fred. Nothing SEO/publicity wise. Just put it together to get people to vent.

We knew it was happening sooner or later. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it. But hell, I lived through the unceremonious dumping of Bruce and Thurman. I can deal with it.

Fred had a hell of a career, all things considered. Too bad he spent so much time stuck behind first-round picks he ultimately outperformed.

I concur 100%.

you are "hoping" he lets us down?

What's with the insult? "Unlike you, Yolo, I call them like I see them" Huh?

After 30K posts I'd expect you to be less sensitive. The way I wrote it could be confusing but the way it was meant that Bills fans hoping that Karlos will be good will let them down. FWIW, I don't have to hope, Karlos is a guy who averaged 4.6 when he was counted on as being the guy and then lost his spot to a true freshman and had fumbling issues. He runs straight up and down. He's not good. Hope on!