QB after Pittsburgh

Starting QB   

323 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start vs. Indy?

Taylor was electric again but for the third week in a row I saw EJ make top tier, NFL caliber throws, that I still don't believe TT or Cassel can make. Perhaps they CAN, but they haven't. Meanwhile EJ has demonstrated he can and has made the same/similar throws to what the other two are making.

I'd accept and support TT as the starter, but definitely strongly pulling for EJ. If Cassell starts I'll just be straight up ticked off.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think Tyrod (and Metz says it is). I'd give it to EJ Manuel.

EDIT: should say giving it to EJ would be a bit of a gut feeling. If I talk logic to myself I'd go Tyrod. But when I coached soccer and I had selection issues I'd always stop myself over thinking it. I made gut decisions even when I couldn't always explain why I felt that way.

EJ did start in the league whereas Taylor has been a backup. They're both neck and neck, but I'd give the nod to starting experience.

THIS!!

Save $5mil on Cassell

Marvelous, record-breaking passing performance from 'the 4 worst QB's in the League'!

..and the winner -and NEEEW starting QB of the Buffalo Bills.. TY-Rod TAAAAAAYLooor!

EJ Manuel has Earned 2nd String -I shall have me a plate of crow..

Matt Simms makes the team as #3

That is all.

It was supposed to say "ya" but autocorrect took over.

To answer your question though, yes.

lol, darn auto-corrupt

^ This basically sums up the way I feel. I don't trust EJ when there is pressure still and his progressions are still slow but he looked way more comfortable than last year. Tyrod is a playmaker and a boom or bust he could get us deep in the playoffs. Regardless next year we need to draft either Connor Cook, Boykin, Hackenberg, Goff or whomever else emerges because its a loaded QB class...unless we win the SB haha

still should draft one

I'll be pulling for whoever they select, but I think Taylor is the best choice by a mile. He just seems so much more comfortable and decisive. EJ has looked good, but he still makes me nervous every time he drops back. Maybe it's PTSD from the last two years. In any case, I think against complex defensive schemes, defensive game plans, and a full cast of defensive starters, EJ gets overwhelmed. Taylor may also but he certainly looks very in control every time he drops back.

TT

MC

EJ

MS

Edited by dubs

No question: Tyrod Taylor. EJ was spectacular but Tyrod has command. He will make our play makers even more dangerous. EJ locked up the #2 today. For the life of me I don't see why Cassel is here. Our offense was a limp d##k with him in the game. EJ =electric, TT = electric, Meh = limp.

On the Hustler scale, Meh couldn't get it up with a crane.

Aww shoot...here comes our new starter...Had to learn a bit more for Marrone & Hackett. Expect Whaley to bring him back right away...

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
#Jaguars cut down to 75: First-round pick Donte Fowler placed on IR. QB Jeff Tuel waived.
1 retweet 0 favorites

Wow, did not expect Tuel to get cut from the Jagoffs.

Taylor was electric again but for the third week in a row I saw EJ make top tier, NFL caliber throws, that I still don't believe TT or Cassel can make. Perhaps they CAN, but they haven't. Meanwhile EJ has demonstrated he can and has made the same/similar throws to what the other two are making.

I'd accept and support TT as the starter, but definitely strongly pulling for EJ. If Cassell starts I'll just be straight up ticked off.

I agree with almost all of this, except that Cassel can't make those throws, TT might be able to, but we've seen EJ do it three weeks in a row now. That is not a fluke.

After much deliberation I think EJ will get the starter job. Both EJ and TT look extremely dangerous in this offense. A big factor is likely going to be the OL IMO. It seems to me that with good OL play(which is what it looks like we have), EJ's strengths(long ball) will be highlighted. If it looked like our OL was going to be not so good, I think that this would play to TT's strengths(escapability).

I also trust our coaches and believe that they won't make decisions being adversely influenced by outdated past impressions(EJ's first 2 years).

Precisely! I'm an EJ fan, and am hoping he gets the nod to start. I'm fine with any of them starting as long as the team wins, and would not like to see a revolving door at the position.

With EJ starting I see Taylor getting some playing time in the wildcat, and 2 point conversions from time to time. Cassel 3rd string or cut to have Simms as 3rd string would be fine with me.

That last sentence really gets me when the insiders here really throw hate / dislike from the FO on EJ basing their opinions from the buffoons with the previous coaching staff.

I have to admit...coming into this QB battle, I had little faith in TT really seizing the job and thought it was going to be between Cassel and EJ. My preference was definitely EJ because Cassel had no upside, but I was fine with who ever won the job.

Taylor on the other hand has really won me over and proved to me has more to offer than originally expected. EJ and TT have really risen to the top and Cassel, like most believe, should be at best 3rd string.

So, its a clear choice between EJ and TT. Here are my thoughts...I admit, I am fine either way, I have a lot of excitement for both. I also recognize that if whoever wins the job starts slow and isn't getting the job done, we have another exciting guy with potential waiting in the wings. So now to my thoughts on the 2:

EJ - Something about this kid makes him elevate when his back is against the wall. I love that about him. He has 3 comeback wins in only 14 starts. All the pressure in the world was on him today and he had NO margin for error, was missing ALL of our starting skill players at WR and RB, and he came out and killed it. This kid rises to the occasion and stays cool and calm. His issue has been starting slow, playing too reserved, and not playing with decisive and quick decision. Roman really seems to have worked on that a lot. Plus this kid does have 14 NFL starts under his belt.

TT - This kid is like a young Vick who doesn't murder animals. He is electric with his feet and he has proven he can beat you with his arm so far. I am very impressed with his play and he's proven my initial doubts of being a real factor in this race wrong. Concerns are about whether or not he will be able to make the progressions through his reads or will he have happy feet and be too eager to run. Today he was great, but I also noticed he had guys wide open and clear throws. Once week 1 comes and he faces the full starting units, full speed, full gamelans, etc those guys wont be so open so often, so I still wonder and worry about his progression through his targets. But hey, can't knock him for rifling perfect throws to wide open players today, but none the less, I don't know how much he's been tested in going through progressions.

Verdict: I am honestly torn. EJ has worked so hard to get to this point, and so has TT. Both have proven they deserved the chance and both have risen to the challenge. EJ's experience of 14 started games is not to be over looked IMO. I almost feel like as close as I have these guys that the 14 starts could be the difference. Then I go back and go through TT the last 2 games and its like damn, how do we not give this kid a chance. I am leaning very slightly to EJ, but honestly, I am fine with either one. Come tomorrow, I may lean towards TT...my mind has changed probably 10 times today lol.

PS: If Cassel is named starter after how EJ and TT have played, I might just throw up. Not that Cassel has been bad, but he hasn't done anything like those 2 guys have...

I have to admit...coming into this QB battle, I had little faith in TT really seizing the job and thought it was going to be between Cassel and EJ. My preference was definitely EJ because Cassel had no upside, but I was fine with who ever won the job.

Taylor on the other hand has really won me over and proved to me has more to offer than originally expected. EJ and TT have really risen to the top and Cassel, like most believe, should be at best 3rd string.

So, its a clear choice between EJ and TT. Here are my thoughts...I admit, I am fine either way, I have a lot of excitement for both. I also recognize that if whoever wins the job starts slow and isn't getting the job done, we have another exciting guy with potential waiting in the wings. So now to my thoughts on the 2:

EJ - Something about this kid makes him elevate when his back is against the wall. I love that about him. He has 3 comeback wins in only 14 starts. All the pressure in the world was on him today and he had NO margin for error, was missing ALL of our starting skill players at WR and RB, and he came out and killed it. This kid rises to the occasion and stays cool and calm. His issue has been starting slow, playing too reserved, and not playing with decisive and quick decision. Roman really seems to have worked on that a lot. Plus this kid does have 14 NFL starts under his belt.

TT - This kid is like a young Vick who doesn't murder animals. He is electric with his feet and he has proven he can beat you with his arm so far. I am very impressed with his play and he's proven my initial doubts of being a real factor in this race wrong. Concerns are about whether or not he will be able to make the progressions through his reads or will he have happy feet and be too eager to run. Today he was great, but I also noticed he had guys wide open and clear throws. Once week 1 comes and he faces the full starting units, full speed, full gamelans, etc those guys wont be so open so often, so I still wonder and worry about his progression through his targets. But hey, can't knock him for rifling perfect throws to wide open players today, but none the less, I don't know how much he's been tested in going through progressions.

Verdict: I am honestly torn. EJ has worked so hard to get to this point, and so has TT. Both have proven they deserved the chance and both have risen to the challenge. EJ's experience of 14 started games is not to be over looked IMO. I almost feel like as close as I have these guys that the 14 starts could be the difference. Then I go back and go through TT the last 2 games and its like damn, how do we not give this kid a chance. I am leaning very slightly to EJ, but honestly, I am fine with either one. Come tomorrow, I may lean towards TT...my mind has changed probably 10 times today lol.

PS: If Cassel is named starter after how EJ and TT have played, I might just throw up. Not that Cassel has been bad, but he hasn't done anything like those 2 guys have...

I agree with this. I was impressed by both TT and EJ and would be ok with either starting. The only question is how will either play when game planned against Cassell is the only QB that did not have a scoring drive in a preseason game and really do not know how you overlook that when you are making a decision.

I want the Qb who can use all the weapons...E.J. has a knack for throwing tds this pre-season. He has worked his butt -off at his accuracy. Seems more confident this year. He is letting it rip instead of aiming the ball. E.J. seems the best at mid to long throws.He can run when needed. Not like T.T. But he can move. I won`t be upset with T.T. but in my mind E.J. has more big play ability.He throws T.Ds.

Holy crap, all the QB's have been great! I'm so surprised & impressed.

My vote is for EJ. Taylor a close second. A lot of people, myself included, said their hope was for EJ to show improvement and demonstrate that he's ready to live up to his promise. He has done that.