Cris Carter Tells Rooks "Get Fall Guy if you Get in Trouble"

This is just sad. Cris Carter and many of these players continue to allow the NFL to manifest in to a cesspool of character. It makes the great guys like Coy Wire and Jordan Gay, and so many more good people.

Remember the issues his son has? Oh, yeah, those!

Cris Carter is my most hated guy in all of sports, with the possible exception of Marchand. Carter is a total scumbag and always has been, and this is another in an endless series.

Warren Sapp is on the list, also.

This is just sad. Cris Carter and many of these players continue to allow the NFL to manifest in to a cesspool of character. It makes the great guys like Coy Wire and Jordan Gay, and so many more good people.

Remember the issues his son has? Oh, yeah, those!

Warren Sapp is on the list, also.

I think Sapp mostly just does stupid and says stupid things more than just being a dirtbag. Obviously Hernandez takes the title of biggest scumbag but I didn't even count him.

I think Sapp mostly just does stupid and says stupid things more than just being a dirtbag. Obviously Hernandez takes the title of biggest scumbag but I didn't even count him.

you've not heard much about him? about him not signing autographs for kids? being an !@#$ to fans? treating women like ****?

a girl i knew growing up befriended him. at first, at least. she's 28-29 now and was 21-22 at the time. Sapp met her while out West in Cali and would talk with her often. Met her while out at a bar with some other women. Then eventually started coming on very strong with her. Her friends, a few of which were famous, pulled her away. He cornered her in a room and basically explained he gets what he wants. He was married, of course.

I guess it is well known in the social circles he gets near.

you've not heard much about him? about him not signing autographs for kids? being an !@#$ to fans? treating women like ****?

a girl i knew growing up befriended him. at first, at least. she's 28-29 now and was 21-22 at the time. Sapp met her while out West in Cali and would talk with her often. Met her while out at a bar with some other women. Then eventually started coming on very strong with her. Her friends, a few of which were famous, pulled her away. He cornered her in a room and basically explained he gets what he wants. He was married, of course.

I guess it is well known in the social circles he gets near.

That is scumbag behavior for sure, but not on the level of Carter, IMO. A lot of guys, pro athletes or not, are azzholes to women or kids or other guys.

It's also amazing the NFL allowed this video to be out with that piece of advice on it. Someone is going to lose their job. That is just pitiful of the NFL.

That's some quality advice right there...

Disgraceful. Cris Carter has been a turd for many years, good to see that though he might be sober now his ****ty attitude hasn't changed.

That is scumbag behavior for sure, but not on the level of Carter, IMO. A lot of guys, pro athletes or not, are azzholes to women or kids or other guys.

It's also amazing the NFL allowed this video to be out with that piece of advice on it. Someone is going to lose their job. That is just pitiful of the NFL.

Either that or someone at the NFL has a conscience and made sure the video didn't disappear like so many other videos do at the home office.

Cris Carter is my most hated guy in all of sports, with the possible exception of Marchand. Carter is a total scumbag and always has been, and this is another in an endless series.

I agree. The other day he was spewing his typical garbage and the only thing running through my head was how much he looks like one of the puppet heads in Genesis' "Invisible Touch" video. Put some more makeup on, clown face.

People talk about the culture of a club often enough, but perhaps this video shows that there is a culture to the NFL as a whole that needs addressing. That video actually makes me think about the Pats and Brady running with the same culture of "it's OK to do bad things as long as you don't get caught". Who knows? Perhaps how the NFL has handled deflategate is showing that they are finally wanting this culture to change.

I live in Columbus now and most talk on local radio here was that CC has always been a big DB even when he played for Ohio State.

always.

But he's an assistant coach at St Thomas Aquinas in Florida so they need to be nice for recruiting purposes, lol

Edited by YoloinOhio

CC presents himself as a "voice of reason" on radio & TV. What a tool.

Don't encouage players to grow up and to stop acting like idiots. But find a fall guy? What an unbelievably stupid thing to tell a group of young men that are team mates. Talk about introducing divisiveness in the locker room.

I'll guaran-damn-tee that CC would never be the fall guy.

CC presents himself as a "voice of reason" on radio & TV. What a tool.

Don't encouage players to grow up and to stop acting like idiots. But find a fall guy? What an unbelievably stupid thing to tell a group of young men that are team mates. Talk about introducing divisiveness in the locker room.

I'll guaran-damn-tee that CC would never be the fall guy.

The point is the fall guy has to be some un-famous lackey in your entourage. Not a teammate

There is a certain investigation w/a superstar hockey player... I bet he wishes he "had a fall guy" and took CC's advice. Maybe it will be like Duke LAX and they will find some other guy's junk too. Wow, wouldn't that be convenient.

The entitlement culture is everwhere. Blame the ball boy, videotaper, or even the old favorite: alcohol!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I think he should have the Blazer taken away. As much as I dislike Brady the football issue is less serious than this. So many of these players do so much damage to others and he's telling them how to get away with it. The league should bar him from any association with the NFL for the rest of his life.

I think he should have the Blazer taken away. As much as I dislike Brady the football issue is less serious than this. So many of these players do so much damage to others and he's telling them how to get away with it. The league should bar him from any association with the NFL for the rest of his life.

That's a bit extreme. I don't think this is worthy of him losing his blazer. It WAS a stupid thing to say.

But I'm sure ESPN execs will have a sit down with him. And the NFL should bang the gong and get him off the stage. His days as a motivational speaker should end, IMO.

I've always disliked Carter; he is the stereotype of the "I'm a star athlete; kiss my feet" mentality and just oozes douchiness. This video is two years old and apparently that "speech" hasn't been repeated, but the attitude of "you need to be untouchable so find a lackey" is hardly a surprise coming from him.

Complete ass.

I guess you can use this as your benchmark or standard: OJ Simpson still has his gold jacket. *

*unless it has already been pawned.

Edited by Corp000085

Am I the only one that thinks it was kind of funny? In a lot of ways it is pretty good advice. If you have a crew you need a fall guy. People that are saying he should lose his jacket or be banned from the NFL should really get over themselves. Stupid thing to say. It is also stupid for the NFL to put a guy in front of a bunch of rookies who was a coke head & DB all his life & tell them how to act in the NFL. What was Aron hernandez or Ray Caruthe not available?

So, wouldn't the better message have been, don't do dumb things and you won't need a "fall guy"? Moron.....

The guy who allowed and oversaw this? Everyone's favorite Brady penalizer, Troy Vincent.

Seriously, dude, are you on their payroll? Someone earlier (JG, I think) mentioned Patriot* sock puppets--I laughed it off at first, but....

Edited by MattM

To some extent, I blame both the players union and the NFL for allowing this. Instead of rolling out the HOF guy, (though Carter does not belong), they should roll out the Ryan Leafs, Aaron Hernandez or Lawrence Phillips type - people who had a chance, drafted higher than most, but failed via bad decisions... Make them watch 'Rand University' or the Marcus Dupree story on 30 for 30 - cautionary tales...not some buffoon like CC or Warren Sapp - two guys who got more chances than the kids watching in those seats will likely get. More draftees end up driving trucks or other blue collar work as opposed to slipping on the Gold Jacket. Let them face that reality and stop dangling the ultimate prize in front of them.

As to Carter - He doesn't belong in the Hall. Good for him that he straightened his troubled life out, but he's a poor example of leadership. He's a clown, more cliche' than substance. I would never let him be my example of what hard work yields - he was gifted a collage career and given 3rd and 4th chances in life because of his talent. Hard work is Fred Jackson, or (don't hate), Tom Brady - people who worked for their lot in the NFL.

So, wouldn't the better message have been, don't do dumb things and you won't need a "fall guy"? Moron.....

Seriously, dude, are you on their payroll? Someone earlier (JG, I think) mentioned Patriot* sock puppets--I laughed it off at first, but....

Um ... no. I'm just calling attention to the fact that Vincent is an idiot. Even the harshest Brady critics must recognize that by now. One can not like the Pats and still think the prospect of Vincent holding decision-making power to be foolish ...

Am I the only one that thinks it was kind of funny? In a lot of ways it is pretty good advice. If you have a crew you need a fall guy. People that are saying he should lose his jacket or be banned from the NFL should really get over themselves. Stupid thing to say. It is also stupid for the NFL to put a guy in front of a bunch of rookies who was a coke head & DB all his life & tell them how to act in the NFL. What was Aron hernandez or Ray Caruthe not available?

its obviously really dumb to stand up there in your HOF jacket and give the guys that advice at an orientation type of event.... but yea, i feel like i see similar sentiment frequently in the form of "jeeeeeeze he couldnt atleast get one of his friends to carry the weed, or gun, or drive the car, or....."

Im assuming CC just didnt get the difference between saying that in the aftermath of a player getting arrested with something on him, and the setting he was in.

Um ... no. I'm just calling attention to the fact that Vincent is an idiot. Even the harshest Brady critics must recognize that by now. One can not like the Pats and still think the prospect of Vincent holding decision-making power to be foolish ...

Please list a bunch of things that Vincent has done in this job that makes him an idiot. I'm not saying he i or isn't, just curious as to what you think all these idiotic things he has done are, in this or other cases.

its obviously really dumb to stand up there in your HOF jacket and give the guys that advice at an orientation type of event.... but yea, i feel like i see similar sentiment frequently in the form of "jeeeeeeze he couldnt atleast get one of his friends to carry the weed, or gun, or drive the car, or....."

Im assuming CC just didnt get the difference between saying that in the aftermath of a player getting arrested with something on him, and the setting he was in.

That is from fans saying incredibly irresponsible and stupid things, too. Regardless of whether or not that would help a player skate from getting in trouble.