Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

If you take a step back this entire scenario was the most predictable outcome up to this point that there could have been.

I would have never predicted all 3 quarterbacks to play as well as they did in the first preseason game. That has confused matters a little bit no doubt, at least for all the people who don't expect the Bills to carry 3 QB's on the roster.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex: In the first episode of Coffee with the Coach presented by Tim Hortons, Ryan explained that in keeping the best 53 players on their roster he sees more than just two QBs on the regular season squad.

No, were going to keep 53 really good players and I have a funny feeling that means three quarterbacks, said Ryan.

Putting aside all the noise concerning EJ and listening only to what Rex and Roman have said I honestly feel they'll keep EJ...In the interview with Roman last week on Murph's show he seemed to be very impressed with EJ's skill set but said he just needs to learn the Offense...Rex has been complimentary about EJ for the most part as well...

Now...I fully understand that Rex and Roman are not going to talk about cutting EJ right now...But I just think they see the same upside in EJ most of us see...And I think the fact that Roman has only had him for a short period of time factors in here...He had Kaep for a full year plus before they were comfortable leaving him in there...EJ is still a young, inexperienced QB...TT may have only been a back-up, but he has two full seasons on an NFL roster, getting real NFL coaching (yes that was a jab at Marrone and the boy wonder), over EJ...And Cassel has been around forever...EJ needs time...He's not quite ready...

The way I see it...and granted I could be totally wrong...EJ is just a bit more than a rookie because he's learning a new system that I'm 100% sure is more complicated than the last one he was in...And I still maintain his ceiling is better than either Cassel or TT...I think Rex and Roman understand that after working with EJ for a few months now, and they'll be willing to be patient with him knowing the payoff could be big down the road... We'll see soon enough I guess... B-)

I would have never predicted all 3 quarterbacks to play as well as they did in the first preseason game. That has confused matters a little bit no doubt, at least for all the people who don't expect the Bills to carry 3 QB's on the roster.

While that maybe true I was talking about the whole scenario because the EJ doubts and the TT doubts still exist as well as is the game manager good enough.

es-titanic-jack-rose.jpg

there was totally room for two on that piece of wood.

Putting aside all the noise concerning EJ and listening only to what Rex and Roman have said I honestly feel they'll keep EJ...In the interview with Roman last week on Murph's show he seemed to be very impressed with EJ's skill set but said he just needs to learn the Offense...Rex has been complimentary about EJ for the most part as well...

Now...I fully understand that Rex and Roman are not going to talk about cutting EJ right now...But I just think they see the same upside in EJ most of us see...And I think the fact that Roman has only had him for a short period of time factors in here...He had Kaep for a full year plus before they were comfortable leaving him in there...EJ is still a young, inexperienced QB...TT may have only been a back-up, but he has two full seasons on an NFL roster, getting real NFL coaching (yes that was a jab at Marrone and the boy wonder), over EJ...And Cassel has been around forever...EJ needs time...He's not quite ready...

The way I see it...and granted I could be totally wrong...EJ is just a bit more than a rookie because he's learning a new system that I'm 100% sure is more complicated than the last one he was in...And I still maintain his ceiling is better than either Cassel or TT...I think Rex and Roman understand that after working with EJ for a few months now, and they'll be willing to be patient with him knowing the payoff could be big down the road... We'll see soon enough I guess... B-)

Sounds like they are investing in developing him. Weird.

i think it comes down to reliability, who can "manage" the offense the best.

that of course leads to the belief it might be Cassel.

that said, it doesn't have to be him. the Bills are intrigued as to whether Tyrod (and EJ early in camp) can provide that efficiency while adding another dimension to the offense. we'll see if Tyrod can carry over what he did against Panthers backups last week into this week, facing Browns starters.

jw

Thanks. That's how this is looking to me. Tyrod seems to have impressed them and is being given a real shot, not just a lip service QB competition, to see if he can build on last week and take command of the offense. I'd say the ball is literally in his hands to take the job.

"an article was written about it to get people talking" - Me

I understand (grasp) that is the purpose of the article.

I think you are seeing some of my comments as sarcasm when they are not.

I like you dude. You're coming off as genuine and aren't trying to create a commotion. He's on you and won't stop - so I do think trying to get your point across is a futile mission. I however do understand what you're saying.

It is a great country and a great privilege for grown men to be able to gather together on a random Tuesday afternoon and debate whether the words "somewhere else" constitute something being newsworthy or not.

Thank you to all you American veterans out there! Thank you for our freedom! You guys rock! :worthy:

I don't know. It's possible we would have been better off under the Nazis, rather than have this discussion.

Please tell me that you don't mean to question someone else's motive for posting a snide remark while including the bold snide remark in your post?

I agree that there's no need to take shots at anyone, including jw, but that message is (IMO) better delivered without that very-obvious political slant.

It wasnt meant as a political statement, fact is Fox News makes up things whatever their motives behind it and fact is that AP doesn't.

The same people who got over RJ and got over JP will get over EJ.... and if/when the Bills make another big investment in another flawed QB, they will fall in love all over again. Rinse and repeat.

For me it isnt about EJ but about the total mismanagement and lack of patience to develop a qb. Commit to a guy like the Dolphins did snd we may end up with a decent qb which will be a major improvement over what we've had since Kelly...

It wasnt meant as a political statement, fact is Fox News makes up things whatever their motives behind it and fact is that AP doesn't.

For me it isnt about EJ but about the total mismanagement and lack of patience to develop a qb. Commit to a guy like the Dolphins did snd we may end up with a decent qb which will be a major improvement over what we've had since Kelly...

Leave it out; it's unnecessary and adds nothing to the discussion besides the appearance of some type of unrelated agenda.

Come on, John. Readers all over the place have lost the sense of journalism. If they don't agree with what you're reporting, you must be a muckraker. If you write what they want to hear, you're a tremendous reporter. The cable news networks are to blame, serving up entertainment packaged as "news", mutilating the intelligence of Americans.

Thank you, I should have worded the comparison between AP and Fox News like this.

I completely agree with this...And I think Tannehill is a perfect example...Look at his rookie season and compare that to EJ's first 14 games...It really was not until last season that Tannehill started showing the consistency necessary to be a legit NFL QB...

I mean...Lets face it...EJ has not had a ton of help in getting where he needs to go...It all started with the Kolb injury...Then he hurts his knee more than once as a rookie...Then he gets benched after 4 games in only his second season...Not to mention the run first offense that can't run the damned ball worth a crap, etc...

That's not to say EJ does not deserve some of the credit for his problems, but it's not like he's had it easy either...I think if the right mind (like Roman) takes the time and has patience with EJ he could pay back the investment big time... B-)

Leave it out; it's unnecessary and adds nothing to the discussion besides the appearance of some type of unrelated agenda.

The point I was trying to make was worded 10 times better by Scribo and that point is of value to the discussion imho.

I'm so sick of your anti-JW agenda, and belief that you're capable of guessing i have any type of agenda. i'm officially crossing you off my short list of people on this board.

jw

Seriously, John? Do your homework, Man!. Be sick of whatever you like, but do your homework - there's a long list of people on this board!

I completely agree with this...And I think Tannehill is a perfect example...Look at his rookie season and compare that to EJ's first 14 games...It really was not until last season that Tannehill started showing the consistency necessary to be a legit NFL QB...

I mean...Lets face it...EJ has not had a ton of help in getting where he needs to go...It all started with the Kolb injury...Then he hurts his knee more than once as a rookie...Then he gets benched after 4 games in only his second season...Not to mention the run first offense that can't run the damned ball worth a crap, etc...

That's not to say EJ does not deserve some of the credit for his problems, but it's not like he's had it easy either...I think if the right mind (like Roman) takes the time and has patience with EJ he could pay back the investment big time... B-)

That what so many people just don't get. ALL QBs are inconsistent when they start their careers. ALL have good games, bad games, ints, etc. The only way to work through that is with playing time and having the confidence of the team behind you.

EJ hasn't been as good as some, but he's also been better than some other guys. What he really needs is playing time to know if he's the guy. What I don't know is do the Tannenhill's of the league have an intangible quality, a certain grasp of the playbook, or some such thing to warrant a team giving them those few years and EJ doesn't?

The one thing I do know is Tyrod, if he starts, will struggle too this year. He just doesn't have enough time to be a consistent QB yet. Will the team and the fans give him that time and allow him to work through the struggles? I certainly hope so. But, i doubt it.

In a way, I'd feel much better about the direction of the team if they end up keeping all three, i.e., keep EJ as the #3 QB. It would give me comfort in their patient outlook (but desire to win now with the roster they have), and their faith in their scouting process. QBs are assets, and if you get one with the physical tools of EJ you should do everything you can to salvage that player's career. Cutting bait after two years just seems shortsighted to me.

If he ends up at #3 this season, he's gotta be the best #3 in the league.

And this business better get the fire burning in his belly. I almost think that's what Rex is going for here.

Edited by mastershake