Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

@john_wawrow

More to come: Speaking to AP, #Bills QB Manuel doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered. pro32.ap.org/article/manuel…

http://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/633385878967177217

#Bills Manuel to AP: "If I play well, it should take care of itself. Whether it's here or whether it's somewhere else, I don't know,"

http://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/633386233322962944

Link to AP story: http://t.co/v9ztueOBsB

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has exhibited the same things that the scouting reports said about him. That class as a whole is nothing special. Decent young man, but not a good NFL QB. Best of luck to you elsewhere and in life in general EJ.

He has exhibited the same things that the scouting reports said about him. That class as a whole is nothing special. Decent young man, but not a good NFL QB. Best of luck to you elsewhere and in life in general EJ.

Okay. Sure.

But this is the first smoke we've seen from anyone in the organization. A fire may be close.

This is just a ripple in the pool. For better or for worse he offers this team more then the other three candidates. Cassel is limited but a game manager who can avoid losing games but will be no more better then Orton. Simms is the QB you'd keep on the PS or as the 3rd on most teams. And Taylor is a flash in the pan and succeeding because its easy to tuck the ball and run when still learning the offense.

To me, I have yet to voice an opinion, but if i am voting for a QB here I am saying none of the above. Brewsters Millions style.

The FO stance has not changed on EJ. They gave him plenty of opportunities.

Best of luck in your next chapter.

Imo

That would be genius. After TT had the worst day of the 3 today. :rolleyes:

EJ Manuel: "I Take My Hat Off To Our DB's" (3:10)

Listen to what EJ had to say for yourself.

Sure he said that, but that doesn't include what he told The AP after he spoke to the rest of the media.

jw

When reading this or any story, you have to ask yourself if the article is written around the quotes and the tone of the interview, or if the quotes are selected to fit the tone of the article.

The full story is out. He was asked if he felt his day's were numbered, and this is the response he gave.

He was then asked if he has thought of "somewhere else," and his response is included in the full version of the piece.

jw

@john_wawrow

More to come: Speaking to AP, #Bills QB Manuel doesn't dispute possibility his days in Buffalo might be numbered. pro32.ap.org/article/manuel…

http://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/633385878967177217

#Bills Manuel to AP: "If I play well, it should take care of itself. Whether it's here or whether it's somewhere else, I don't know,"

http://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/633386233322962944

Link to AP story: http://t.co/v9ztueOBsB

How exactly does his response to this line of questioning indicate he sees the writing on the wall? Really? What is the guy supposed to say? He has no clue, any more than anyone else on this board as to what the thinking is, (Oh, except for LeRoy of course :rolleyes:).

He​ gave the same response ANYONE would give under the circumstances. I just have to play well and let things fall where they may. Big Effen deal! What a story! What was he supposed to say? "Oh no, they're going to start me. I'm winning the competition, can't you idiots see that?"

How exactly does his response to this line of questioning indicate he sees the writing on the wall? Really? What is the guy supposed to say? He has no clue, any more than anyone else on this board as to what the thinking is, (Oh, except for LeRoy of course :rolleyes:).

He​ gave the same response ANYONE would give under the circumstances. I just have to play well and let things fall where they may. Big Effen deal! What a story! What was he supposed to say? "Oh no, they're going to start me. I'm winning the competition, can't you idiots see that?"

I can't help but imagine you've poised all these questions already convinced that zero answers exist.

Still to order to pack his belongs, however seems to me it will be an uphill climb for him. Preseason games are so vanilla on defense game planning and offense game planning, so going against backups did spark my interest. Even starting the next preseason game won't be like regular season game. Personally I would like to see the choice made on the Qb soon, and let that individual get timing down, and to allow coaches to set players for who ever it is.

He could say any number of other things....like, "I'm still in this competition. Just have to keep playing well."

n response to a bunch of media people peppering him with questions about how come he is playing with the threes? He has already said what you suggested, today in fact. At some point, in response to a media that can't wait to see him whacked, you finally have to say look, all I can do is what I can do. If what you people are insinuating is true, things will work themselves out. BFD!! Oh, he knows he's on his way out now!! LMAO! What a story!

n response to a bunch of media people peppering him with questions about how come he is playing with the threes? He has already said what you suggested, today in fact. At some point, in response to a media that can't wait to see him whacked, you finally have to say look, all I can do is what I can do. If what you people are insinuating is true, things will work themselves out. BFD!! Oh, he knows he's on his way out now!! LMAO! What a story!

You may be right. I don't try to read between the lines too much with these snippets of quotes. And I do agree that some members of the media try to push a certain story line instead of just reporting the facts. Joe B is the worst, IMO.

I'd like to hear that interview myself, but it does seem that he's just saying "I'm taking care of business and things will work themselves out."