Wawrow Article Indicates EJ Sees Wall's Writing

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I don't think either have Cassel or Taylor. I have not been at any training camp practices., so all I know is what I've read. I have however watched Friday's game a couple of times and what I saw in Cassel and Taylor are one dimensional QBs, that a coach like Bill Beiichick will easily game plan for. They can't lose twice to the Patriots and go anywhere. What I'm confused about is what I saw in that game, which was the best pass of the night was thrown by Manuel. I'm confused about the scrimmage. The scrimmage was touted by Ryan as being very important, it appeared to be won by Manuel. Yet somehow the hand writing is on the wall?

I'm lost too! I'm trying to figure out what EJ did wrong in the scrimmage/preseason game that made him fall out of contention. What the other two did that made them so favorable.

It's fair to say that I'm pulling for EJ, but I trust the coaches will choose the right QB for the job, whichever guy it is.

I think you see people defending against "naysayers" for the same reason people defend against "EJ apologists" or "EJ superfans"...the fact that it is still completely unknown.

This is simply OPTIMISTS VS. PESSIMISTS

:thumbsup: Nailed it!!!

Oh for God's sake, can't people around here just grow up for a change?

hahahahahaha good one Rubes!

The offense Roman is installing is very young QB-friendly, in that it specifically is designed to protect and take the pressure off of the QB. If Roman doesn't believe that EJ can be successful in this type of offense, than I have serious concerns about whether EJ can be successful in any offense, anywhere. EJ is in his third offseason in the NFL; he's also played QB a long time between college, high school, etc. He should be getting it by now. Instead, he's being beaten out by the likes of Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor. I think we're all starting to see the writing on the wall.

i'm not going to read his mind. I asked a question.

he answered it.

i followed up for clarification.

and he provided the answer.

all i know is that he's never used the words "somewhere else" before.

jw

i understand the line you have to walk, and figured that you probably couldnt delve toooo far into the topic here.

A lot of folks here think Sal Capaccio at GR-55 is one of the more football knowledgable members of the local media.

Yesterday on the air he said that no one wants to admit it, no one wants to talk about it, but this is now officially a 2 horse race, with EJ not being one of the 2 horses.

He said anyone who has attended all Bills practices and seen EJ's consistently bad body of work to date would know this.

I'm lost too! I'm trying to figure out what EJ did wrong in the scrimmage/preseason game that made him fall out of contention. What the other two did that made them so favorable.

Those were only 2 of the 15 or so days in camp so far. He was good in both but by most accounts has fallen behind most other days. The whole package is analyzed (over and over) as with every player. The games are just a part of what is factored in.

A lot of folks here think Sal Capaccio at GR-55 is one of the more football knowledgable members of the local media.

Yesterday on the air he said that no one wants to admit it, no one wants to talk about it, but this is now officially a 2 horse race, with EJ not being one of the 2 horses.

He said anyone who has attended all Bills practices and seen EJ's consistently bad body of work to date would know this.

i think from an outsider its just surprising that its THAT bad. weve seen a mixed bag on sundays, with some nice flashes like youd expect out of a respectable backup. that a guy that seems to be an acceptable backup is that distant from two guys that are not established starters is tough to reconcile some times for those of us that rely on connecting the dots from various reports instead of being there. especially since it seems like a situation where any ties would go to EJ as the young prototype that you are stuck paying no matter what - so there must be some actual spacing in the coaches minds (unless they follow rotation and make EJ week 3 starter and really mess with everyone) Edited by NoSaint

To paraphrase an old coach, you only watch the plays, you don't watch film.

The fans have no idea how the players execute the designed plays and who makes the mistakes, despite it being "obvious" on the field. There's clearly still a major hole in EJ's development that the staff is limiting his time with the ones to see what the other QBs can do with it.

The coaches probably realize what they have with the guy - a decent backup quality QB whose realistic ceiling is 7-8 wins. There's definitely room in the league for those guys, just not for two of them on one team.

Hey jw - I was listening to the Albany 104.5 The Team hosts yesterday and they were live from Bills' Training Camp. They were saying how 90% of the media (TV, radio guys probably) think EJ is gone and is the worst of the three QB's. They then went on to say how an out of towner told the media group "EJ was ok and can still win the job" and he was basically laughed off the field by the local media pack. Give us some "inside information" (if you can). You hang out with Bulldog/ Shoope, Joe B., Sal Cap., etc. (maybe not by choice but you are in their midst) Are these guys being a little cocky/unpleasant?

maybe it has do to with all the practices that coaches watch

I don't understand how fans are still thinking EJ is the best of the bunch.

I don't see what the big deal is in this thread.

EJ was asked if "somewhere else" was a possibility, and he responded honestly.

What's the news?

People may need to face up to their demons?

This is just a ripple in the pool. For better or for worse he offers this team more then the other three candidates. Cassel is limited but a game manager who can avoid losing games but will be no more better then Orton. Simms is the QB you'd keep on the PS or as the 3rd on most teams. And Taylor is a flash in the pan and succeeding because its easy to tuck the ball and run when still learning the offense.

To me, I have yet to voice an opinion, but if i am voting for a QB here I am saying none of the above. Brewsters Millions style.

I still cannot get the vision out of my head when Orton got down well shy of the markers last year. I always thought Orton played like a sissy. Cassel wont do that. He will play hard every week and I believe is much better than Orton.

I'm treating this like the Kromer case. Wait and see. There was a large rush to judgement there and many declarations that he would be gone.

If we just relax and drink our coffee/beer then we won't have to speculate.

This team is predicated on deception on both sides of the ball; there is no reason to think they wouldn't treat the media and us the same way.

He won't be cut, could be traded, but I think he's wearing a Bills jersey on opening day even if he isn't starting.

Edited by YattaOkasan