Ronald Darby - how will he do?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else worried?

Have to be concerned.

Could he be wrong ? Sure.

Am I concerned ? No because (1) It is way too early to tell (2) Ryan was leaving him on an island He failed (3) Ryan was testing defensive schemes to test their communication skills They failed (4) CB is a tough position to play Exactly

All that and you aren't concerned?

Give the kid time. Geesh.

When does the season open?

Still lots of time for him to develop.

See my response above.

Agreed. Jeez the world is so impatient these days.

See my response above.

No different then McKelvin. It took him a few years to learn to play pro CB

September 13

I'm a little concerned, but will be very interested in seeing how he bounces back in the next preseason game. They really need McKelvin back. I suppose if he really struggles, they could go with Robey or Brooks or just slide Graham back over to the #2 position. Guess we will see.

I'm not concerned yet. Rex is purposefully putting this kid all alone on an island. I'd like to think that proper scheming and giving him help will hide some of his flaws. People had concerns with Gilmore, A. Williams and McKelvin. I trust Donnie Henderson to coach Darby up the same way he did the others.

"Concerned" is a bit different than "worried" in this situation, IMO.

So, yes, I'm concerned about Darby. I'm concerned about every player, especially the younger guys who have yet to play/limited experience in the NFL.

Worried? Not particularly, at this time.

Edited by The Dean

I'm definitely concerned...At least for the short term...Indy is coming...

I don't buy the excuses I'm hearing about the kid because he seems so completely lost when the ball is in the air to his man...I mean...Every CB can look bad at times...But then there's Darby...It's like a whole different level of looking bad with the ball in the air...I think he can pretty much run with anyone...But he's not playing the ball at all when it's up for grabs...He's completely getting out-positioned even though he seems to be in the general area...Plus...ticky-tack or not...He's getting too many PI's...He's a rookie...I actually expect those calls to go against him...He's not going to get away with squat until he can prove he can play...

Do I think he's going to be OK in time? Sure...But right now he makes me very, very nervous... B-)

As I've said in another thread, I do believe Rex has intentionally thrown Darby to the wolves in preseason to see what he can handle and how he reacts. I don't for one moment think Rex will risk his first game as Bills HC by leaving Darby on an island against Luck.

I'd be less worried if his first two starts weren't Luck and Brady. I think he has a lot of talent (the two picks against Indy) but I was really hoping that we'd be able to bring him along slowly.

Would anyone be shocked if we rotated Graham or Aaron Williams back to CB and used Darby as the nickel?

Definitely concerned. The young man struggled mightily.

That said, they haven't game planned and they didn't give him any help.

I think it will be a different story in the regular season, but it is something to keep an eye on.

I'd love to see them pick up a starting quality CB or Safety on the wire.

McKelvin will hopefully be back soon too. So they should be OK.

No different then McKelvin. It took him a few years to learn to play pro CB

He will make mistakes he will get better

That was basically what I was going to say.

Another thing to consider is they aren't even game planning yet. Other than the Cleveland game where pettine and Rex has a blitz contest I don't think we have seen what the defense is really capable of.