Ronald Darby - how will he do?

So it seems that just a little Safety help can work wonders, as most of us suspected. Wasnt a major change to Rex's gameplan, and Darby looked good out there.

Was never burned. Got his head around to play the ball. And was in position to make picks and break up catches with no pass interference. Letting that Safety help on one side allowed him to do this.

Kid played a very good game. Like I said, concerned, but never worried.

This won't be the last time he is tested, this year. And at some point I expect he will get burned. But what CBs don't get burned once in a while?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid played a very good game. Like I said, concerned, but never worried.

This won't be the last time he is tested, this year. And at some point I expect he will get burned. But what CBs don't get burned once in a while?

For sure. He'll have his ups and downs like all rookies, and all CBs do. But at least it isnt open season on him every game. :thumbsup:

So it seems that just a little Safety help can work wonders, as most of us suspected. Wasnt a major change to Rex's gameplan, and Darby looked good out there.

Was never burned. Got his head around to play the ball. And was in position to make picks and break up catches with no pass interference. Letting that Safety help on one side allowed him to do this.

Good game by Darby but it wasn't safety help it was pressure.

Luck was just winging passes up for grabs much of the time.

He ended up under throwing a lot of passes....including the Darby interception.....that he normally delivers with accuracy.

And much of it was unnecessarily rushed......anticipating more pressure than there was.

The edges were regularly collapsed in a hurry but he actually had a decent pocket to step up into quite often.

Had Dareus been playing, he'd have had a much rougher time of it.

This game exemplifies just how much talent the Bills have.

Their best player on offense had zero receptions for zero yards and their best player on D didn't even play and they thoroughly dominated a team that many expect to be in the SB.

If not for some "anticipatory" officiating in the second half it might have gotten really out of hand but this is a prime example of why I never blame officiating for a loss.......if you don't win decisively you are leaving it open to being decided by a mistake.