Ronald Darby - how will he do?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a rookie being left all alone in coverage. Do you expect him to play like Revis already?

no, but he gets burned alot

Your name is incredibly fitting. Someone needs to help you understand football. Huge disappointment and we haven't played a meaningful game. Seek help. Immediately

listen junior I've got shirts older than you kid!!!

no, but he gets burned alot

listen junior I've got shirts older than you kid!!!

And your age just makes your cries for help about football knowledge more sad and pathetic. To call a rookie who has played in 3 preseason games a "huge disappointment" is moronic at best.

no, but he gets burned alot listen junior I've got shirts older than you kid!!!

That happens to a lot of Rookie CB's. He's got the tools as I see it. He'll improve. As for the shirts, I make trips to Goodwill as needed. I'm no youngster, but it doesn't make me smarter than anyone. Being right make you smarter. Time will tell on this one.

Rex hung him out to dry though. I think he, Thurman and Henderson are just trying to get him ready and will have safety help when it counts.

Color me concerned. If Ryan has to devote an inordinate amount of safety help to his corners, it really hampers us schematically.

So far, Darby is JD Williams redux, only not as athletically gifted.

I thought our starting LBs looked like crap at times tonight as well.

GO BILLS!!!

He will improve, but starting him against luck is a mistake

A concern, certainly. It may be more of an unfortunate necessity that a mistake. Far from ideal, but what are the better options? It's all a gamble, and I'm hopting he comes around quickly with some help.

Agreed. He is a Rookie, and it shows - but he also shows moments of true promise - I like the kid, just needs to continue to develop. And if / when Leo comes back, he will be a nice addition to the backfield in his current form.

Agreed! Gepers, in Gilmore's second year early he was having similar mistakes and folks were calling bust. It's so early with CBs. But, they can learn from their mistakes quickly SOMETIMES. Hopefully Darby does quickly or we may have to try someone further down on the depth chart or move Graham. With that said, I think he will be more than fine long term. Edited by Manther

Color me concerned. If Ryan has to devote an inordinate amount of safety help to his corners, it really hampers us schematically.

So far, Darby is JD Williams redux, only not as athletically gifted.

I thought our starting LBs looked like crap at times tonight as well.

GO BILLS!!!

yes, and yes.. your first thought has the most impact on what we can do, your second - i hope - was more the result of Rex challenging his D with more complex coverages.. i think the Steeler's 1st TD was Brown getting lost

He's a rookie DB. It's the second hardest position to adjust to from college to the pros. Darby's got Rex teaching him, and Rex be good with that stuff. Darby's gonna be fine.

To think you can start a rookie CB straight out of the box is foolish, I don't care how good he is, and that won't be how Rex uses him this season.

Edited by mastershake