Exhibition Week 1 - Panthers vs. Bills

The little bit of it I've caught in the morning is honestly some of the worst radio I've ever heard. None of them can do simple math, or apparently plan ahead and have a calculator ready. It's nothing more than another layer of BS on top of a pile of BS. Nothing sends me back over to Mike&Mike quicker.

thats why it's so funny that Kim knew what it was. I'm guessing she thinks it's just as lame.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the first half of that game and took notes of what I saw as to not let a single play definite my thoughts on any certain player. After doing so I really like what I saw from TT. I will post my rather lengthy and unprofessional analysis after I get back from lunch.... Fam and I are at the OBX for vaca.... I assume this would be the place to post it- let me know what you think- agree/disagree with.... Thanks in advance

Wish I was where you are. We go to the beach @ NC almost every year, mainly Wilmington area. Just watch for sharks.

That would explain a lot. They roasted Darby early and often, and usually that means they rotate a safety toward you. And Darby did improve throughout the night, and from the way Murph and Kelso were calling it, Darby's two biggest mistakes were when the WR could have been out of bounds and the Panthers quick snapped it to avoid a review and Kelvin Benjamin's TD where he apparently flagrantly pushed off and didn't get called by the refs. That'll be good experience for Darby knowing that Offensive PI will be ignored more often than not.

That's where I am too. Cassel might be very capable of making the high percentage throws, but eventually, like we learned with Chan and Fitz defenses start only covering 15 yards back. If you have absolute precision like Tommy Boy, you can make it work, but otherwise you catch on quick.

With mobile QBs, there is also a weakness and admittedly most teams have studied the read option enough that it doesn't take the defense by complete surprise anymore. But the way most teams defend against it is to have a LB or S spy the QB to contain his run, which means there is one less player defending your receivers. To me, Tyrod showed enough promise throwing on the run (escaping a sure sack to throw to Karlos) and in the pocket he had that nice throw to Goodwin. Goodwin made the play after the catch but it was almost a sure first down even before that. He has entirely earned a chance to play with the 1's vs Cleveland.

I agree, a guy like that definitely makes a defense react to him. One added bonus is that a guy like that negates pass rushers and most defenses are built to defend the pass first and foremost nowadays so that is where much of their talent lies. It's different than the Flutie era when teams could just substitute big personnel, take away the run game and just contain Flutie in the pocket. That is what snuffed him. Much more opportunity for small QB's now but it's still an uphill battle staying healthy if you can't make every throw when and where you need to. Taylor appears to be a bit more natural at avoiding the big hit than a guy like RG3 or the post-prison Vick but one mistake is all it takes.

I just watched the first half of that game and took notes of what I saw as to not let a single play definite my thoughts on any certain player. After doing so I really like what I saw from TT. I will post my rather lengthy and unprofessional analysis after I get back from lunch.... Fam and I are at the OBX for vaca.... I assume this would be the place to post it- let me know what you think- agree/disagree with.... Thanks in advance

how long you there? i got to the house @ 5ish yesterday; wanted to take up your offer but it is 5.5hrs to OBX. People forget how long NC is. Takes nearly 10 hours to go from tip to tip.

You got some great weather, though!

The little bit of it I've caught in the morning is honestly some of the worst radio I've ever heard. None of them can do simple math, or apparently plan ahead and have a calculator ready. It's nothing more than another layer of BS on top of a pile of BS. Nothing sends me back over to Mike&Mike quicker.

You need to get Sirius.

Wish I was where you are. We go to the beach @ NC almost every year, mainly Wilmington area. Just watch for sharks.

how long before Cletus makes a thread about trapping sharks?

I caught a few while fishing... Clubbed them in the name of "guilty by association"

how long you there? i got to the house @ 5ish yesterday; wanted to take up your offer but it is 5.5hrs to OBX. People forget how long NC is. Takes nearly 10 hours to go from tip to tip.

You got some great weather, though!

You need to get Sirius.

how long before Cletus makes a thread about trapping sharks?

Unfortunately we leave tomorrow... Speaking of sharks.... Lol

Eat a maple glazed Duck Doughnut and a grilled mahi sandwich from Kill Devil Grill for me!

Any guesses on who JoKe B is referring to?

@JoeBuscaglia

QBs show a little something something, but should one be concerned? That and more in my 7 observations wrap-up #Bills http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-panthers-25-bills-24

I have stopped taking him seriously. His bias is so apparent that it puts into question any conclusions he makes. Now that I have a chance to see these guys play myself, I will make up my own mind. Thanks anyway, Joe.

thats why it's so funny that Kim knew what it was. I'm guessing she thinks it's just as lame.

Being the smart businesswoman she is, Kim might have wanted to buy shares in EJ Manuel! It was going for cheap before the game.

Pre WK 1 Can't-Miss Play: Buffalo Bills quarterback EJ Manuel drops a dime towide receiver Deonte Thompson for a touchdown (0:44)

@buffalobills

Rex on making the QB decision: "It's not going to be easy." Today Cassel: 7/8 Taylor: 5/8 Manuel: 4/8

QB Matt Cassel: "All in all there's a lot of positive to take away from tonight." #CARvsBUF

Manuel on concern over QB rotation: "I won't focus on the game any differently depending on when I go in."

Tyrod Taylor on being named starter against the Browns: "I'm excited. That's news to me."

Tasker's saying EJ threw the ball into a "Dixie cup" and put it "in a coin slot" was priceless announcing

Mulligan will get cut, and hopefully sooner rather than later... what i saw was him either being slow off the line unless of course he was commiting a false start. The good news is that he can catch the ball, but he won't gain any YAC unless he is left completely uncovered- and there isn't anyone on that side of the field.

McCoy- He's got quick feet, runs through arms without issue and he plays hard, even without a helmet.. I think we all know what we have with McCoy...

Hogan- I couldn't care less if he makes the team or not... i don't think he's worth a **** as a receiver as he has proven for two years that he cant catch passes unless everything about said pass is perfect... 7/11, smh... being open doesn't mean you can catch the ball...

1st Team Defense- Holy Crap!!! Suffocating!! One thing that i was suprised about was that Lawson stayed with Benjamin on a go route...

Thigpen is (or should be) our return man..

Felton underperformed... i saw him lunging at defenders feet, and the play where McCoy looked like Spiller was in large part to Felton missing a key block- he just ran past a defender...

Clay- he is what we thought he was... shifty and hard to bring down...

Karlos- Very hard runner, punisher, needs to have better vision through the line, and i think he makes Boobie exendable

Gay- my initial thought was that is Carpenter is out any amount of regular season time that they would bring in another FG kicker...I would like to see what Gay does in the next game, maybe that first kick was nerves... very strong leg though

Aaron Williams- All over the field, closes fast, and IMO better than Byrd was at safety

TT- HOLY CRAP IS THIS GUY FAST!!! I saw good touch on his deep throws, i liked his pocket presence. a couple of his early runs appears to me to be by design as i saw WR's blocking down field. A couple hand offs appeared to be telegraphed- but that may help in the playaction game... I didn't see any indecision, it appeared that he went through his progression and if there was nothing there, he ran- and i'm quite alright with that. TT has incredible elusiveness, avoided sacks and kept his eyes downfield... when he was running, it seemed that he was always cognizant of the 1st down marker- no more Orton slides 2 yards short... I never noticed a run first mentality with him... I like his play a lot and think he should be given a legit shot at the job...

Time of Possession... if we can do what we did in the first half, long offensive drives and 3 and outs on D- that will help us win a lot of games!

Gilmore needs a haircut and has to start looking for the ball..

Darby- on the Ginn TD catch, if he puts his hands up, he probably defends the pass-on benjamin TD i dont think there was much push off, but i think he started to play back on his heels...

Hughes- can play all 3 downs- was very tough on the run

Bryce Brown- always seemed to be looking for lanes when running the ball. big burst... if he can hang onto the ball, he will be valuable- on his TD run he showed a good combination of power and vision...

No evaluation of Meh because he was typical Meh... ultra conservative, slow and steady...definition of game manager...