Exhibition Week 1 - Panthers vs. Bills

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that EJ can ever develop into Cam, or anything close to him?

I don't know. I'm of the belief that EJ is a longshot at this point. I liked what I saw from him last night though. He can do a lot of the same things as Cam physically he just doesn't have that same pocket presence. If he developed into Cam the QB situation would be solved.

no but Cardale Jones can.

I keep saying it but Cardale is Culpepper to me (and I mean the good Culpepper).

I don't know. I'm of the belief that EJ is a longshot at this point. I liked what I saw from him last night though. He can do a lot of the same things as Cam physically he just doesn't have that same pocket presence. If he developed into Cam the QB situation would be solved.

I keep saying it but Cardale is Culpepper to me (and I mean the good Culpepper).

Do you see this staff keeping him and trying to develop him until his contract expires?

Cam was good. Cam is always good. He played against a great D and made some really nice plays (throw to Ginn, throw down the field when he was hit), the TD throw). He is a really good QB. If the Bills had Newton they would be a Super Bowl favorite.

Cam Newton is what those who still believe in EJ dream that he will become. There is a chasm between the players as of today but they have similar builds. Newton is a better thrower though.

I'm a Cam Newton fan. He's one of the best of the 2nd tier guys, and will be among the 1st tier guys very soon. I also agree if the Bills had Cam, they'd be among the SB favorites.

But I don't think he looked very good last night. Not that it matters in their first preseason game.

Did anyone else notice how aggressively Goodwin was blocking? (Very.) Look for it if you watch again. I think that subtlety of his game is going to save his roster spot.

A couple of the other young receivers offer as much, or almost as much as Hogan. My current best guess is they keep 5 WRs, and 1-2 on the practice squad.

Goodwin is a very good blocker. He did a great job on TT's first scramble run for 10 yards.

Do you see this staff keeping him and trying to develop him until his contract expires?

There is no reason to cut him IMO. If someone lost one of their QBs and made an offer for any of the Bills QBs I think that they would listen.

EJ is a hard worker and a good guy by all accounts. He's the kind of guy that you want to succeed. I would think that you would give him every chance to be the guy until you are sure that he is not.

Goodwin is a very good blocker. He did a great job on TT's first scramble run for 10 yards.

He's a better football player than he gets credit for. I am a Goodwin fan but I undersell his ability and tend to look at him as "just a guy to stretch the field." He's better than most of us give him credit for.

i need to watch him more this year. Not sure if he has an NFL arm (I truly don't know as I haven't seen him enough)

Love Dak the college player but I would be really, really surprised if he turned into a good pro. His delivery is slow or something. It just doesn't look natural to me but that's JMO.

Love Dak the college player but I would be really, really surprised if he turned into a good pro. His delivery is slow or something. It just doesn't look natural to me but that's JMO.

It's footwork. He has a very wide stance and sometimes swings his lead foot out too wide. Scouts will probably say they want to see him stand taller. It's not the smoothest delivery, but it gets the job done. One game I was watching, the color commentator was comparing him to other dual-threat QBs and said his passing talent was right between Cam's and Tebow's. :blink: Whatever that means...

He has a cannon and he can certainly run.

How many Kaep comparisons will we see?

It's footwork. He has a very wide stance and sometimes swings his lead foot out too wide. Scouts will probably say they want to see him stand taller. It's not the smoothest delivery, but it gets the job done. One game I was watching, the color commentator was comparing him to other dual-threat QBs and said his passing talent was right between Cam's and Tebow's. :blink: Whatever that means...

He has a cannon and he can certainly run.

How many Kaep comparisons will we see?

He runs more like Cam than Kaep. Dak runs downhill. I was at that LSU - Mississippi St. Game last year and that was as dominating a performance as I could remember from a player.

I think that you hit the nail on the head with his throwing issues. Great call on the footwork!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

HATE him

Hey Yolo how did Mulligan do? Just curious

EJ and Mulligan for Rodgers. You heard it here first.

Outsmarting himself?

Thats a terrible trade unless the Packers throw in a draft pick and some juice for Marios refrigerator

I'm serious...Capaccio has been saying he's a lock for the 53...I would not make this stuff up... :lol:

Is it me or does it seem like Capaccio is turning into Joe B? I feel like he is starting to let his own opinions cloud his reporting. Its like when you get in Capaccios dog house. He will continuously key on you

Edited by Agent 91

Cam was good. Cam is always good. He played against a great D and made some really nice plays (throw to Ginn, throw down the field when he was hit), the TD throw). He is a really good QB. If the Bills had Newton they would be a Super Bowl favorite.

Cam Newton is what those who still believe in EJ dream that he will become. There is a chasm between the players as of today but they have similar builds. Newton is a better thrower though.

The swipe by the scout last week about EJ not knowing he is left handed is all about how unnatural everything comes for EJ.

He has a ton of physical talent but his progress is SOOOOO slow. But I see progress.

He made one throw on a rope from the opposing hash to the Bills sideline Friday night that was just filthy talented.

And then he threw that left handed pass to an uncovered O'Leary on third down that needed to go 20 and only went 10.

That's just what he has to offer right now.

He has a fabricated, short-arm throwing motion because he has the wingspan of an NBA center and that is the only way he can contain his mechanics and subsequently if everything isn't controlled he can make some awful throws.

I have likened him to former MLB pitcher Randy Johnson in that he is both very long legged and armed and it is probably going to take him a long time to get his mechanics together while simultaneously learning how to play QB.

I sincerely believe it is going to come together for him but it's going to take A LONG time. I figured 5 years when he was drafted but it may end up becoming a Todd Collins situation where it doesn't all come together for him until even later in his career.