Exhibition Week 1 - Panthers vs. Bills

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way the Carolina announcers were, as expected, brutal. In the first quarter they referred to "2nd year receiver Sammy Watson" and had similar miscues throughout the evening. I absolutely expected them to be Panther-centric, which they were, but the lack of any reference whatsoever to the Bills' QB competition was at least a bit surprising. They also didn't say two words about IK and the week he has had when he was in the game.

That's particularly ridiculous since Sammy is a Carolina hero from his still recent Clemson days.

Edited by BobChalmers

@SalSports

Hosting Sports Talk Saturday starting at 11am. Hear from Bills HC Rex Ryan & all 3 QBs. Call with your QB thoughts and anything else on game

@SBNationNFL

The Bills quarterback battle is actually getting interesting after Friday http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/8/14/9157705/2015-nfl-preseason-scores-results-marcus-mariota

By the way the Carolina announcers were, as expected, brutal. In the first quarter they referred to "2nd year receiver Sammy Watson" and had similar miscues throughout the evening. I absolutely expected them to be Panther-centric, which they were, but the lack of any reference whatsoever to the Bills' QB competition was at least a bit surprising. They also didn't say two words about IK and the week he has had when he was in the game.

I really wonder what the teams tell these announcers, because during the preseason they all broadcast the game as if the final score actually means something. These guys were crowing about "picking up the win" and it was just funny to listen to.

Watching the game without any Bills ball-washing was a good thing, though, and the announcers did specifically mention the play of Karlos Williams standing out and how the Bills were dominating on the ground.

Here in Pittsburgh the preseason games are called by locals who don't call the regular season games. So the broadcast gets to be like a box of chocolates.

I didn't see the game, only highlights, but it seems like we executed well enough which is all you really want to do especially with a new offense. And it looks like Darby needs to play the ball better. Maybe McKelvin can help him with that.

The Bills wasn't much better. For a former player, Tasker really makes some ridiculous comments and is usually wrong describing the play. The play by play guy was just awful.

I just watched the first half of that game and took notes of what I saw as to not let a single play definite my thoughts on any certain player. After doing so I really like what I saw from TT. I will post my rather lengthy and unprofessional analysis after I get back from lunch.... Fam and I are at the OBX for vaca.... I assume this would be the place to post it- let me know what you think- agree/disagree with.... Thanks in advance

I just watched the first half of that game and took notes of what I saw as to not let a single play definite my thoughts on any certain player. After doing so I really like what I saw from TT. I will post my rather lengthy and unprofessional analysis after I get back from lunch.... Fam and I are at the OBX for vaca.... I assume this would be the place to post it- let me know what you think- agree/disagree with.... Thanks in advance

Awesome can't wait

they have a QB stock market on WGR. Sal sets the market after each practice and they all buy and sell shares on the QBs based on who they think will end up winning the job.

Jesus. What preposterous bulls#it.

We should do a similar thing with sports writers/reporters. Well, not "should" (because this crap is unbearable nonsense), but "could". It would be a lot funnier, too.

What's "#whosdaq"?

they have a QB stock market on WGR. Sal sets the market after each practice and they all buy and sell shares on the QBs based on who they think will end up winning the job.

The little bit of it I've caught in the morning is honestly some of the worst radio I've ever heard. None of them can do simple math, or apparently plan ahead and have a calculator ready. It's nothing more than another layer of BS on top of a pile of BS. Nothing sends me back over to Mike&Mike quicker.