Matt Cassel to start Panthers Preseason game 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that this is a final audition for Cassel. If it's a dead heat, Roman would rather have a mobile Tyrod or EJ. If Cassel can't take the job in the next two weeks, I think he's cut and they want to do their due diligence.

I agree that this is a final audition for Cassel. If it's a dead heat, Roman would rather have a mobile Tyrod or EJ. If Cassel can't take the job in the next two weeks, I think he's cut and they want to do their due diligence.

Yep, free up more reps for the other two in the most important part of TC.

I agree with this being a final audition for Cassel and I'm doubling down on TT from back when we signed him.

The Bills offense is going to live in a 15 yard vertical box. Romex philosophy will be focused on limiting interceptions. We will run the ball with a lot of versatility. Clay as H-Back, Felton as FB, singleback sets, and shotgun sets. If we go power it's Felton, if we go pass we can go Clay while still having a power look. We will see them both together in multiple sets. McCoy has experience out of spread looks as well and power looks. We will see a ton of screens, short, and intermediate routes to our WR's, all are YAC nightmares. Eventually the defenses will start to compress and we will take high % deep shots.

So within such a system who would you least want to face as the QB? With TT more so than EJ or MC, you have more running options and big play potential. EJ isn't stone legged, but TT would probably be one of if not the fastest starters in the NFL. You can tell Rex loves that angle which is likely because he hates defending against it, he's said as much before. I think TT can execute this type of offense at least close enough, if not better vs the other two. The added dimension of a sub 4.5 and agile runner will tip the scales.

It's not a final audition for Cassel. To have a final one you have to have an earlier one. Where does this nonsense come from?

Joe Buscaglia ‏@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: We'll probably start Matt Cassel against the Panthers for the first preseason game

Looks like my prediction of Cassel getting cut sooner then later is coming true.

Sorry beef I just made allusions to this in the 8/8 article. I dont think you are crazy to think its is possible.