Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone think we would have play by play from practice 20 years ago? In a weird way, won't it just be cool to watch preseason games and make judgments solely on that?

Really lol. Of course you want them hit every pass but it seems like every time someone throws an incompletion it's the end of the season

No!!! We need a hot take about who the starting qb is after practice 5. No time for patience!!!

Did anyone think we would have play by play from practice 20 years ago? In a weird way, won't it just be cool to watch preseason games and make judgments solely on that?

The scrutiny these guys are under is insane. Play by play analysis of a training camp practice! Haha. Incredible. I truly think these players don't give two sh*ts about what the media is saying or 'tweeting.'

Really lol. Of course you want them hit every pass but it seems like every time someone throws an incompletion it's the end of the season

For real - and the season is over despite us not knowing what O they're installing, if routes are run correctly, what the coaches are going for, etc. :D:beer:

Not to mention going all in on a WR, with no QB to distribute the ball to him, at the expense of a future first round pick that could theoretically have been used to address the QB position. It's all so asinine to me. Why waste those picks on a WR who will in turn waste two years of his rookie contract on a team without a QB? Whaley is a great scout. He's still learning how to build a team as a GM.

The Watkins pick actually makes perfect sense. When one drafts a QB in the 1st round one is hopeful that he will become a frachise calibre QB. This means that you don't look to waste the pick by seeking to replace him after one year(unless he shows himself to be a disaster). You might also want to draft a WR who theoretically will blossom at a similar time to your young QB(WRs traditionally coming on in their 3rd year).

Assuming that EJ never pans out, it does not mean that Whaley's plan to build a team was bad.....for had his prime piece of the puzzle(QB) panned out, he would be sitting pretty with a WR like Watkins on the team.

The Watkins pick actually makes perfect sense. When one drafts a QB in the 1st round one is hopeful that he will become a frachise calibre QB. This means that you don't look to waste the pick by seeking to replace him after one year(unless he shows himself to be a disaster). You might also want to draft a WR who theoretically will blossom at a similar time to your young QB(WRs traditionally coming on in their 3rd year).

Assuming that EJ never pans out, it does not mean that Whaley's plan to build a team was bad.....for had his prime piece of the puzzle(QB) panned out, he would be sitting pretty with a WR like Watkins on the team.

The one strategy the Bills have not tried is to be patient with a QB and build the team around him. Losman actually put together a decent season and then the beginning of the next year Wilfork dove at his knee and took him out. Trent looked decent until Wilson rung his bell. Giving EJ time to develop is a good play, imo. We'll see what happens this year.

@ChrisBrownBills: Rex says LeSean McCoy has soreness & swelling in toe & doesn't anticipate it keeping him out long. Thinks he'd be ready for scrimmage #Bills

@hsimon62: Mccoy had a little toe soreness or swelling so kept him out of team drills 2nd straight day. Is not turf toe

I just get so sick of people slamming the Watkins pick

When you have the opportunity to draft a player who day in and day out in his 2nd year looks like the best player on the field......YOU DRAFT HIM

Its over.....the 1st round ransomed pick year is over.....we have our 1st round pick back next year......price has been paid.......enjoy Sammy

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex says LeSean McCoy has soreness & swelling in toe & doesn't anticipate it keeping him out long. Thinks he'd be ready for scrimmage #Bills

Rex confirms that Boobie Dixon has a pulled calf muscle. Hints that his injury is type that could keep him out a few weeks. #Bills

@buffalobills

Rex jokes: "No respect to the guys we've got, but I doubt we'd have a QB controversy if Jim Kelly was still playing."

Rex jokes: "No disrespect to our guys but I doubt we'd have a QB controversy if Jim Kelly was still playing. Legend."

@mikerodak

Rex on Charles Clay: "I don't know if he's made the monster plays yet that we're anticipating him making in the regular season."

Rex says he'd like to see "more consistency with [EJ's] accuracy." Says that's what he thinks Whaley means when he said he's a bit behind.

Rex: "We'll probably have the biggest playbook in the history of man in our running game." Complexity/multiplicity of Roman's offense.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: Karlos Williams is going to be a big contributor on special teams

@TyDunne

Boobie Dixon walking up the stairs. No noticeable limp on the bad calf.

Dixon calls calf inj a cramp: "I'm still confident in my position with this team." Says he's "unique" and fans haven't seen the last of him.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Nothing would change, just the names. We'd still be complaining we have crap at QB because anyone you bring in since 2013 is crap.

Also, look in the mirror if you want to see histrionics.

Blaming fans again I see.

That another QB would be a washout is certainly a possibility, but you wouldn't know that without that QB in camp.

But to lather, rinse & repeat, let's see who wouldnt trade Ross Cockrell for Murray, McCarron or Mettenberger, straight up? Maybe you can guide me through a thought process that made McCown the Bills primary QB target in '15, when he wasn't even contacted in '14? There were many better options available last year than going into camp with Lewis, Dixon & Tuel. On this area, I fully agree with Marrone and his hissy fit.

haha! I think I'm back to myself and ready to change back. I agree uncharacteristic freak outs should need to make it their avatar until they simmer down. Lol

Rudy (old poster) disagrees with you. At one point his name was synonymous with "doomed" around here.

Sacrificing a future number one pick when the QB was at best a major question mark was not a sound strategy, at all. Especially in a receiver-rich draft.