Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that plan deserves to be ridiculed, because no objective person would think that was a sound approach to the QB position last year, and look how quickly it blew up in their faces.

Not to mention going all in on a WR, with no QB to distribute the ball to him, at the expense of a future first round pick that could theoretically have been used to address the QB position. It's all so asinine to me. Why waste those picks on a WR who will in turn waste two years of his rookie contract on a team without a QB? Whaley is a great scout. He's still learning how to build a team as a GM.

@JaySkurski

Matt Cassel and EJ Manuel are rotating through a 4-on-5 drill while Tyrod Taylor and Matt Simms run 1-on-1 WR/CB drills. #Bills

WR Deonte Thompson has made a couple nice moves in 1-on-1 work against CBs, catching long passes that drew some oohs & aahs from the crowd.

Any chance Thompson cracks the roster? Unless he adds ST value, idts. PS elidgable?

@mikerodak

Sure sign of August: Manuel botches handoff with Karlos Williams at one end of 11-on-11 drill. At other, Taylor calls TO for 10 in huddle

Bills using some different run looks today. Manuel hands off to WR Marcus Thigpen out of the backfield; he proceeds to fumble.

3rd team D working against 1st team O right now. Busted coverage leads to easy pitch and catch TD for Cassel/Hogan.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills appear to be installing read option today on offense

EJ Manuel running it with the second string offense against the first team defense. #Bills

Without McCoy taking team reps and Anthony Dixon out, WR/KR Marcus Thigpen is taking reps as a running back today

@TyDunne

Tyrod Taylor found Bryce Brown on a circle route for a long gain, then hit Charles Clay for 15 yards. Offense picks it up vs reserves.

On the other half of the field, it was all EJ Manuel and the read option.

@buffalobills

Full stands on a Wednesday morning. Only at #BillsCamp.

CLp5OmrVAAA8t5j.jpg

@SalSports

Things are much different for the first – unit offense today going against the backup defenders. As it should be.

A couple nice throws by EJ in 7/7. 1st was just out of reach of Deonte Thompson on deep ball but catchable. Next strike to Gragg over middle

Of note -- EJ is going up against the 1st string D.

absolutely... He could get hurt and one of the other two is playing

IDK...Roman did it on the fly in San Fran when Smith went down. Was of the big shticks in the offseason was people assuring us that Roman would build the offense around the starter. I'm not saying anything is decided, but I think we need to pump the brakes on the "Cassel is starter" talk.

I hope there is a vine of cassell running the read option. That would be fun to watch.

absolutely... He could get hurt and one of the other two is playing

I hope there is a vine of cassell running the read option. That would be fun to watch.

It would seem to start in slow motion...and then reveal that Cassel is just that slow.

Love seeing the Sabres at bills camp!

@Giostyle21: Hanging at @buffalobills camp today with the family. #oneteam @buffalobills @BuffaloSabres @PegulaSE http://t.co/DzaBpRevhs

IDK...Roman did it on the fly in San Fran when Smith went down. Was of the big shticks in the offseason was people assuring us that Roman would build the offense around the starter. I'm not saying anything is decided, but I think we need to pump the brakes on the "Cassel is starter" talk.

It would seem to start in slow motion...and then reveal that Cassel is just that slow.

i don't think he did it on the fly in SF. Alex Smith is a very mobile QB, I am sure it was installed.