Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

It still could be a young guy starting, but I understand the reasoning if they choose Cassel to start the season. The pressure of starting knowing you're just a bad pick or two from being yanked is brutal for a youngster. EJ melted under that heat last year. A veteran will be able to handle it better knowing if he gets benched he still has value as a mentor backup who could be called upon again.

That's a fair post. Hopefully, we aren't coaching the Qbs to play scared.

That said, does it seem like we are throwing more deep passes in camp? In a perfect world, you run the ball a ton and hit deep passes on play action.

I LOVE Whaley (minus the Brown trade). So happy he is here and not the assistant to the assistant GM in Jacksonville.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the avatar pic!

I love your self imposed punishment and think that we should share the pic and anytime someone has a freak out they would put this as their avatar for 24 hours

CBF

haha! I think I'm back to myself and ready to change back. I agree uncharacteristic freak outs should need to make it their avatar until they simmer down. Lol

Again, with all the fear going on here, Cassel only needs to be about as good as Alex Smith. He won't be as mobile, but even then Smith was rarely asked to be.

Still need to see preseason action before judging the guys fully. Like that EJ is improving.

Smith wasn't all bad in 2010, the year before Harbaugh and Roman. But to be honest, going completely by the stats I'm seeing 2010 Smith > 2013 EJ > 2013 Cassel.

You can't accuse someone of not trying to improve a position when there were no improved options available. You can offer an opinion that QB X is better but it's still just an opinion. Drafting QBs and giving them one OTA to win the job is not a strategy.

That's baloney. Going into training camp with EJ, Lewis, Dixon and Tuel and not moving a muscle to improve on that position is reckless, especially in the deepest QB draft in a while. If Whaley had the same urgency about the position in 2014 as he did this year, he'd at least have crossed off another possible body.

Your revisionist histrionics don't work with me.

That's baloney. Going into training camp with EJ, Lewis, Dixon and Tuel and not moving a muscle to improve on that position is reckless, especially in the deepest QB draft in a while. If Whaley had the same urgency about the position in 2014 as he did this year, he'd at least have crossed off another possible body.

Your revisionist histrionics don't work with me.

Not really going to get into here but EJ was the guy going into 2014 and Lewis looked to be a good backup qb after 2013.

You might not agree with it but it was their plan. Obviously, it didn't work out great.

Not really going to get into here but EJ was the guy going into 2014 and Lewis looked to be a good backup qb after 2013.

You might not agree with it but it was their plan. Obviously, it didn't work out great.

And that plan deserves to be ridiculed, because no objective person would think that was a sound approach to the QB position last year, and look how quickly it blew up in their faces.