Dareus seems keen on staying (update: Talks at a standstill)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should definitely use a smaller font

You should definitely use a smaller font

lol. I didn't choose the font on purpose. that happens to my posts every now and then. Maybe its the universe telling me my opinion is less important than most.

True, but isn't there a specific date after which teams are not allowed to negotiate? That's what I was referring to. Or maybe I'm confused with something else related to free agency.

E, you are thinking of the deadline when someone already has the Franchise Tag. Then they have to July 15 to get a deal done.

This is just an arbitrary deadline that teams/ agents put in so that a deal gets done. No deadline, usually no deal.

So agents say something akin to" Marcel wants to focus on football and football only during the regular season, so if. I deal is not done before the season starts, we will just let the process play out and go to free agency next year"

Russell Wilson just did this as well, but his deadline was day camp opened.

Edited by plenzmd1

Is that why Schwartz got so much interest after he was essentially fired?

IIRC he was kind of left hanging by Rex and co before they decided to part ways and it was late in the game to get a gig. Do you really think he didn't do a great job last year?

IIRC he was kind of left hanging by Rex and co before they decided to part ways and it was late in the game to get a gig. Do you really think he didn't do a great job last year?

Consider who you are asking.

It took a while to get Hughes signed, so this is nothing to freak out over.

This^^^

Big contracts for important players take time. Lots of details, let alone coming together on numbers.

When Joe Chenelly starts tweeting about it, we'll know it's on like a mofo.

Great reference! :thumbsup: Almost forgot all about him.

It's amazing we won 9 games last year. Schwartz saved this team.

I have to agree not enough props is given to what he did last year. Heck, he wasn't even mentioned as a HC candidate anywhere else. I was very much surprised.

Yes, just about my only beef with the Rex hire that I have anymore is the fact that it basically meant goodbye to Schwartz. Really wish we could have kept him somehow.

Talks are at a standstill, and there's a real concern a deal won't get done based on how little talking has gone on, because the longer this drags on, the more likely the Bills will be placed in a position to tag him.

I realize it's still "early," but some are raising concerns that it's getting a little late.

jw

jw--Is Dareus still represented by the agency that Terry Pegula used to own? Are the agents still the same as when Terry owned the firm? Probably not relevant information -- but just curious.

jw--Is Dareus still represented by the agency that Terry Pegula used to own? Are the agents still the same as when Terry owned the firm? Probably not relevant information -- but just curious.

Terry had to divest his interest in the Five Star agency in order to become owner and sold it to the main agent there who represents Dareus, Todd France, who probably still represents him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pegula-divests-from-sports-agency-to-clear-way-for-bills-purchase-234851937-nfl.html

Is that why Schwartz got so much interest after he was essentially fired?

IIRC, Schwartz took the year off. I believe he got his full year's salary.

And yes, he was largely responsible for the team winning 9 games.

IIRC, Schwartz took the year off. I believe he got his full year's salary.

And yes, he was largely responsible for the team winning 9 games.

Maybe he was interested in a year off, but the last I heard he interviewed for the DC job at Georgia Tech I think. Don't know why he'd take that interview if he doesn't want to work, maybe just professional courtesy.