Eagles released Evan Mathis

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a note, I think it's entirely possible to believe that Chip Kelly is a brilliant coach, yet a really bad GM.

No question he's a great college coach and a very bright guy.

And I can think of one authoritarian task master who'se done pretty well for himself in our division.

I just don't know how far you can go with system trumping talent to the extent he does it. Not really the NFL way.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

The problem is Dareus. We have to keep him, and to get that deal done, we need money. We are $7 mil under the cap, so cutting Urbick and C. Williams would save an additional $3.5 mil. We usually need about $5 mil in emergency money for injurues, we would be very tight if we cut those two guys, and pay Mathis a decent contract with some guaranteed money.

We won't be able to resign Dareus though, and his number will only go up after another top year. we would have an impressive line if we signed him.

don't worry they will figure it out, having Mathis instead of a rookie would be huge.

The only way I see this happening is if Mathis really, really wants to come to Buffalo and is willing to take a discount. This will likely be his last contract, and I have to believe that there are 4-5 other teams that have the need for Mathis and much more $ to throw around.

This would be a luxury acquisition.